[Music] Constant music option / loop please

llesna

I like this idea. But what I like even more is SWTOR devs allowing us to have our own IN-GAME SEQUENCER so as to enable US to lay out which tracks (from the MANY John Williams sound track clips) that we want, to play at any given time -- that would be even neater.

Or, do like EA did with SimCity 4 and allow us to drop our own tracks into the "Out of game" music playlist that was played IN-game BY the game client itself ... at our choosing...

Of course, ALL of the above, with the understood caveat, that at ANY POINT in time, when an important event occurs, such as a light or dark side choice, or sudden event in one's storyline, our choices with the background music would be temporarily overridden (faded out) by SWTOR (due to storyline arc shifts in game play) and that moment's changed SWTOR music faded-in for a short bit.

These suggestions I have here are probably unworkable, though :(

Dear devs,

Whenever I play SWTOR, I like to have music on all the time. As such, I have to turn off the music in-game as it frequently drops out and stops for extended periods of time, leaving me only with music for a fraction of my game time.

For players like myself, we want music to be playing at all times.

The music can still fit to the situation, such as combat, exploring etc., but it shouldn't fade into nothingness.

Please implement an option in-game to keep music on at all times, wherever you are.

Kind regards

llesna

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To piggy back off of this, could you make "The Music of SWTOR" downloadable from your website? I would rip it from the game files, but I'm not sure if that would violate my ToS agreement. Unfortunately for me I play by the rules and don't want to get by account banned.

• 3 months later...
I am currently questing on Hoth and everytime the music comes on suddenly the game gets a billion times better! I freaking love hoth's music! can i have another button that just says loop hoth background music? But mostly just the loop music button that'd be wonderful.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. Please. /sign x100.

Seriously, this should be one of the devs' top priorities. Having no music completely ruins the feel of an area. All the silence in Swtor makes the game feel soulless, and a soulless game that tries to capitalize on story isn't working properly.

How hard could it possibly be to change the code to say, instead of playing a three minute track every half hour, if a player has this toggle on, repeat the three minute track immediately after finishing it?

Combat encounters also need music that plays EVERY TIME a player enters combat, not just specific times when a player is fighting a certain NPC, otherwise it never feels dangerous or immersive. It just feels like a rinse-and-repeat use of your rotations against every group of enemy, and compared to Kotor, there are a lot of enemies. Too many for every "trash" NPC fight to feel like something you have to do, not something you want to do. I believe that adding music, and therefore a more intense mood for the fight, will at least ease that.

Edited by Rephe

This is probably the most stupid issue with this game. And should be so simple to solve!!

Sometimes I regret being a subscriber due to the fact that its been 2 years since they acknowledged this problem and havent done anything.

Edited by Uaupt

• 1 month later...
Dear devs,

Whenever I play SWTOR, I like to have music on all the time. As such, I have to turn off the music in-game as it frequently drops out and stops for extended periods of time, leaving me only with music for a fraction of my game time.

For players like myself, we want music to be playing at all times.

The music can still fit to the situation, such as combat, exploring etc., but it shouldn't fade into nothingness.

Please implement an option in-game to keep music on at all times, wherever you are.

Kind regards

llesna

signed . . . this is very aggravating.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I just came back to the game after more than a year of absence - I like what I see so far (love the new discipline system), but music looping still hasn't been implemented? I remember it was one of the most annoying things for me when SWTOR came out.

Dear Bioware team, could you please, at least tell us if there's some kind of a limit in the game engine or something that prevents you from making a simple "Loop music" button. Because at first glance this looks like it should be a very easy thing for the developers to implement, so if there is a reason why this option is missing from the game you could at least let us know. Because the issue has been ignored for about 2 years now.

• 3 months later...
Im sorry to necro this thread, but this seems like it should be standard in the game. I would have to assume people came up with their own solution? Such as playing stars wars theme music etc... Well if you have a good solution, please share it. I can't believe they never addressed this, it would add such an immersion to the game and dont get me wrong I am certain this is the best game I have ever played and I have played many. It would just be nice to be able to loop music. Edited by IstariZen

This seems like a worthy necro. There are things with the sound system I'd love to see addressed, though all of that is very low priority in comparison to things like bugged mechanics.

Anyhow, /signed.

Edited by -Snakesan-

I can appreciate that there is a priority of things to address. I just hope they don't overlook how this minor detail, adds to satisfaction.

Its like getting new gear:

The quest is to add the ability to loop music

The reward:

+50 appreciation for bioware

Its very unfortunate for something that would seem so unimportant, to stand out so much to people that plan on playing this game for the long haul, but it is the reality. And it should be addressed!

Edited by IstariZen

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Gonna add to this. Playing through long periods of the game without background music makes the game very dull to play. I can't believe that after over two years, they still haven't implemented a music loop option, which blows my mind. I'm not sure how difficult a task it is, but I'd be willing to bet the return would be greater than the effort, due in part because many players, including myself, would stick around longer due to no longer suffering dull atmospheres and game environments.

• 4 weeks later...
I guess Bioware literally don't give a crap. I remember when I first played this game, this was an issue a couple of years ago before it went F2P. Still not fixed? Wow. Just wow.

It's been almost three years and my Gree Lightsaber Blade will still glitch into a normal Lightsaber blade in combat (when I made a ticket they said it was 'Low Priority' but considering how long this bug has existed I doubt it will ever be fixed... Rest In Peace my dear Gray Helix Lightsaber...)