Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Healing is still ridiculously op

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Healing is still ridiculously op

Akevv's Avatar


Akevv
01.28.2020 , 09:24 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
Healing output needs to be cut in half. Heaven forbid people die in pvp.
1v1, you cannot kill a good healer, as it should be. If your team focuses the healer though, they become far less effective, and probably die. The healer cannot kill you either, so its a wash. She has to have enough in reserve to be able to heal her team as well, or she isn't effective. This is called 'balance'. If you want to 1v1 a healer, this is the wrong game for you. Perhaps one of the combat games, like Call of Duty may suit you more.

Aeneas_Falco's Avatar


Aeneas_Falco
01.29.2020 , 01:20 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I took over 5 million damage in a warzone where the top dpser did 3 million (I was at 2.25 mill) and died 8 times because for whatever reason everyone decides to focus me (probably a vigi guardian thing).

Seriously the next highest damage taken was 3 mill, and he died 10 times as a merc.

But you guys want to know why I don't pvp like I used to, that's why. I still managed to score our only goal, winning us the match because the other team was doing nothing but number farming, and somehow got no MVP votes, and someone PM me afterword to tell me I sucked.
Don't fret about the MVP votes. Votes often don't go to the most deserving. Probably the best arena match I've ever had in the game was one where it went to round 3, I was the last player left on my team in round 3 and only one of theirs had died, so at the end I was 1 vs 3, and I killed all 3 for the win. (on an Op so I could stealth out / heal up). Also finished with top damage and the most killing blows. Got zero votes. lol

Aeneas_Falco's Avatar


Aeneas_Falco
01.29.2020 , 01:56 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post

Not even a merc can facetank all the way to the goal line and nothing beats a merc for having to stand there and get hit in the face without support. Reverse leap included, mercs are slow and have to follow the ground through every single trap in the way unless someone helps them out (teamwork!).
.
Mercs are pretty garbage as Huttball runners IMO, at least if evaluated on an ability to run a ball solo from spawn to the end zone. Sure, they can take a licking and keep on ticking, but they're pretty vulnerable to CC, their speed boost is Meh and they have no ability to charge to another player's location (short of a friendly pull), and there are much better specs for clearing traps.

Rocket Out can be used to clear traps but the Merc has to get there first, and they're easier to stop or force into an early pass than some other specs. I'd much rather be on an Op, Marauder, or Jug if I'm going to be running huttballs from spawn.

Mercs work better at defense in Huttball (see E-net, plus stealth detect and 2 AOEs if an enemy ball runner is in your pit and headed for a ledge pass to someone in stealth) or support for friendly ball runners (besides the DPS, stun, mez, net, & knockback).

The only exception for Mercs IMO is Classic or Vandin if you have a Sin or Op in their end zone. Merc works great for running the ball from spawn to a point in the pit where they can pass. (though Jug tanks are better)

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
02.03.2020 , 06:45 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Akevv View Post
1v1, you cannot kill a good healer, as it should be.
A healer should die easily 1v1. The whole original point of guard back when the game came out was to protect healers. They were obliterated in 1v1 scenarios without a guard and thats EXACTLY how it should be. Now they can basically survive multiple people jumping on them and if they have guard on you might as well forget it as they can just sit there and face tank you (hell they have so many CD's now they can almost do it without guard, bubble stun is the most obnoxious thing ever), just leave the match, you're never killing them. Overtuned heals on top of guard is the reason why 4v4's go into stalemates pretty much ever time.
Quote: Originally Posted by Akevv
The healer cannot kill you either, so its a wash.
lol yes they can. I used to duel people all the time going seer spec on my sage and would just dot and kite them. 1v1 as a healer is the most brain dead thing in the world. You'll never get me below 75% hp and I can just dot away at you and kill you easily.

Pekish's Avatar


Pekish
02.04.2020 , 12:06 PM | #35
the title of the thread should be changed to "I can't be the only person wanting "heal" nerfed"

Warrioroffhell's Avatar


Warrioroffhell
02.05.2020 , 03:07 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
A healer should die easily 1v1. The whole original point of guard back when the game came out was to protect healers. They were obliterated in 1v1 scenarios without a guard and thats EXACTLY how it should be. Now they can basically survive multiple people jumping on them and if they have guard on you might as well forget it as they can just sit there and face tank you (hell they have so many CD's now they can almost do it without guard, bubble stun is the most obnoxious thing ever), just leave the match, you're never killing them. Overtuned heals on top of guard is the reason why 4v4's go into stalemates pretty much ever time.


lol yes they can. I used to duel people all the time going seer spec on my sage and would just dot and kite them. 1v1 as a healer is the most brain dead thing in the world. You'll never get me below 75% hp and I can just dot away at you and kill you easily.
dude what era u come from , this was like in the early years . since like patch 4.0 a heal hasn't been able to kill a dps 1v1 or it mustve been a noob. I'm telling u right now if u can't kill a single heal in this patch u should learn to dps again ofcourse good/main healers are harder but still doable.

Its time for people to accept that healers are in a bad spot this expansion instead of crying for even more nerfs , i'm not saying heals aren't viable i'm saying they are in a spot where its better to go dps if u want to make more of a real impact.

edit : btw guard wasn't developed for healers only , it was a damage reduction mechanic for tanks to use on their group or reduce aggro not only for healers.......
Burningyou and alts @ Darth Malgus

Raansu's Avatar


Raansu
02.05.2020 , 08:43 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Warrioroffhell View Post
dude what era u come from , this was like in the early years . since like patch 4.0 a heal hasn't been able to kill a dps 1v1 or it mustve been a noob. I'm telling u right now if u can't kill a single heal in this patch u should learn to dps again ofcourse good/main healers are harder but still doable.

Its time for people to accept that healers are in a bad spot this expansion instead of crying for even more nerfs , i'm not saying heals aren't viable i'm saying they are in a spot where its better to go dps if u want to make more of a real impact.

edit : btw guard wasn't developed for healers only , it was a damage reduction mechanic for tanks to use on their group or reduce aggro not only for healers.......
Healers are not in a bad spot in pvp lmao. If anything, trauma needs to be increased.

And my dps is fine.
https://i.imgur.com/dSXC5BH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/AVZdhJt.jpg

Eastiano's Avatar


Eastiano
02.08.2020 , 06:52 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
It's not great, maybe that's why healers can survive that.
I mean, pre 6.0 8k was ok not outstanding, but now it's pretty average

KendraP's Avatar


KendraP
02.08.2020 , 11:03 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Eastiano View Post
It's not great, maybe that's why healers can survive that.
I mean, pre 6.0 8k was ok not outstanding, but now it's pretty average
Ugh at risk of opening a can of worms... we cant really say much. How long did the match go on for? How much of it did he spend in combat? Did he die first? The scoreboard dps number is total damage/total time. It accounts for nothing else. And we dont know how much dps the other dps did, if one team or another had a healer, etc. There are too many variables we do not know to reach that conclusion, good or bad.

Your performance does not take place in a vacuum; you are dependent on your team to perform their best, so you can perform your best.