Free Character Transfers Now Available On Select Servers

CourtneyWoods

Perhaps would it be possible for you to let us in on some of the things you are considering when making the decision. I think people would be more comfortable knowing the pieces/decisions that you have to juggle to make it all work. They might be still unhappy about being some of the last, but at least they would have some insight as to why it takes so long.

As much as all of us would love that, there are too many Forum Sharks who would tear BW to pieces, as if they don't look for reasons to already. The people at BW don't deserve that.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 Do not put Basilisk Droid or Bloodworthy with ToFN, make either Basilisk Droid or Bloodworthy a destination server.

You'd have the population of three dying servers. Which would equal a dead server pretty soon.

After transferring 17 servers to ToFN, Bioware have little choice but to allow the remaining three to go there, too.

Thanks for atleast communicating. It's frustrating waiting to see if you get chosen, especially like myself am on one of the last 3 EU PvP servers, just wondering if were going to Tomb which is pretty full or being brought together with the other 2 to make a pretty.small population in comparison to others.

With either Basilisk Droid or Bloodworthy being a destination we won't be a pretty small population. Most of the players on my friends list are just taking a break until the server transfers take place. They did not want to Reroll on ToFN because that don't like that servers community.

Hopefully Bioware will set either Basilisk Droid or Bloodworthy as a destination server so that our players come back.

You also need to remember 1.3 will have lots of players come back for ranked warzones etc.

I understand the caution and the care that BW is using to make the transfers and I do appreciate it. I also get why they don't give us a real schedule as to when and where we might be moving. However, even if we could get a hint., it would go a long way to making things easier. Something along the lines of "The following servers will be origins in the next batch." They don't have to say when the next batch is or even where, but knowing we are next would be helpful. Knowing we are not next would be even more helpful. Or even the next two batches.

This probably only impacts the large guilds who need to have officers on the new server, with the guild reformed and ready for invites asap. Still, it would free those officers up, so they weren't having to constantly monitor what's going on.

Thanks for reading this. :)

As much as all of us would love that, there are too many Forum Sharks who would tear BW to pieces, as if they don't look for reasons to already. The people at BW don't deserve that.

The people at BW have brought this upon themselves and continue to do so with the vague and taunting information throughout pretty much every single thing they do on this forum, and to this community. To their customers.

If they at least came out and said things - you'd have a case against what you like to belittle by calling 'forum sharks'. But as it stands - them not giving out much information at all is simply inviting that any piece of information will be 'chewed up' by the 'forum sharks' much to the amusement of those - who I suspect - already got their toys to play with or those who'll just defend them no matter what.

Edited by xandax

Point but lets be honest with ourselves, the forum sharks are already tearing BW to pieces. This way at least some people would have some peace.

I started on a laid back RP realm ( from what I could tell less hardcore RP and more RP/PVE/PVP kinda group of people, good stuff for an MMO like this ) I leveled on a PvP server in WoW and having been on both sides of the fence of world pvp while trying to level, I wanted somthing a bit more laid back, as a change of pace.

Excited about the possibility of a transfer, I got home from work to save my characters names on whichever realms they had available for transfer for my realm. All of my highest level characters names were taken on the only destination realm available to me. So I am like, whatever, I like my names, I like my community for the most part, I am going to chill here.

This afternoon before I head out to work, I check to see if any new destination realms were available, just in case. EVERY available origin realm for my zone is going to the same desination realm, the same one where all my names are taken. So of course I am like, this really seems more like server mergers, and excuse me if I am attached to the names I have had for 50 levels, countless battles and so many epic duels, but I don't want to leave if I can't keep my characters intact.

Say the majority of people do want to move, what happens to those of us who don't, are they going to shut down our servers eventually and if so are we going to be forced to move in that case and what will happen to our names and legacies? Can we come to some kind of alternative, such as some way we can get our first names associated to our legacy instead, allowing for multiple people with the same first name ( I mean that does happen right? )

Can we get an update on where this migration/transfer process is going from here?

:csw_deathstar:

Edited by MalphusSkorm
Grammer

Sorry, but you (i.e. Bioware) are definitely not ready to communicate... :(

This, basically. I'm not sure why you're being thanked for telling us nothing. Seems like NOT saying anything and then randomly coming on to say nothing officially, are pretty much the same. I could be wrong.

You'd have the population of three dying servers. Which would equal a dead server pretty soon.

After transferring 17 servers to ToFN, Bioware have little choice but to allow the remaining three to go there, too.

But ToFN is already full. If they set Basilisk Droid or Bloodworthy as a new destination players going to come back for 1.3 and ranked warzones and population will get better. Bioware could also change some of the origin servers to have either Droid or Bloodworthy as their destination instead.

Bioware could also change some of the origin servers to have either Droid or Bloodworthy as their destination instead.

Hmm, I don't think they can do that. What about a guildmate who is on vacation and then returns only to find his entire group of friends/guildies transferred to TOFN, yet the only place he can go is Bloodworthy? That would not work.

Perhaps they could give the option of which one to go, but then you'd have to appease every other region somehow, which isn't happening.

But ToFN is already full. If they set Basilisk Droid or Bloodworthy as a new destination players going to come back for 1.3 and ranked warzones and population will get better. Bioware could also change some of the origin servers to have either Droid or Bloodworthy as their destination instead.

I don't know. Having one PvP server with the population of 18 previous servers and one with the pop of 3 previous servers... doesn't exactly scream "sustainable" and "balanced" for me. It's more likely that Bioware will simply raise the cap of ToFN in the coming days and then let the remaining three servers in.

At least that's what would make sense.

Hmm, I don't think they can do that. What about a guildmate who is on vacation and then returns only to find his entire group of friends/guildies transferred to TOFN, yet the only place he can go is Bloodworthy? That would not work.

Perhaps they could give the option of which one to go, but then you'd have to appease every other region somehow, which isn't happening.

I guess you are right, but still they can't force the remaining 3 onto ToFN considering we were the next largest PvP servers under ToFN (Hard to believe I know). When and if our player population stars resubscribing to use their transfers there will be too much headed to ToFN. So just set either Basilisk Droid or Bloodworthy as a destination server.

Plus new players are going to be joining the game with the expansion etc. If Bloodworthy for example is a standard/heavy server and ToFN is full. People will join Bloodworthy to play rather than wait around to join ToFN.

So, I'm wondering, at any point in the future, will we be able to transfer from PVE-RP servers to PVE servers (and vice-versa)?

Most of my friends have moved most of their characters from Trask Ulgo (PVE-RP) to The Projenitor (PVE-RP). I was hoping that I'd get the chance to move my Bounty Hunter from Kellian Jarro (PVE) to join them, but it seems like this wont happen with the current system.

I can move to The Red Eclipse (PVE), but my friends aren't on that server.

If these server transfers are really intended to allow me to play with my friends they're going to need to be a little less restrictive. (Seriously what were the chances my friends would have been on The Red Eclipse?)

I can understand why they didn't make a PVE-RP server the sole destination for any of the PVE servers (as it would mean anyone leaving would have to go to a PVE-RP server and may not want to RP), but couldn't it have been an option? Let people move to either The Red Eclipse (PVE) or The Projenitor (PVE-RP) and the same with the RP servers, give people the chance to move to a PVE server if they find they don't RP like they originally thought they would. I don't RP with random people I'll admit (why I chose a PVE server) but I may well with my friends.

Is there any chance of me being able to do this move a little later on in another stage of transfers? I don't want to move to The Red Eclipse in case that doesn't become a origin server. But if I'll never be able to move PVE -> PVE-RP (i.e. The Projenitor) then I may as well call it quits or move to a populated server and face the fact I wont be able to play this character with my friends.

Same applies with my Dune Bantha characters.

• Dev Post
Perhaps would it be possible for you to let us in on some of the things you are considering when making the decision. I think people would be more comfortable knowing the pieces/decisions that you have to juggle to make it all work. They might be still unhappy about being some of the last, but at least they would have some insight as to why it takes so long.

We're watching the populations, watching how many are transferring, considering the impact of those transfers, and working to ensure destination servers have a healthy population. All of this data informs what we open up and where those servers go. It's important that we let the data we're receiving guide the process, and we appreciate everyone's understanding.

Edited by AllisonBerryman

What annoys me is that Sith Meditation Sphere (SMS) was a pre-launch server. Bioware selected the server for our guild before launch in the guild pre-deployment days. So why leave it until last? Unlike others who may have picked their server themselves, Bioware self-selected SMS. So why leave us hanging now?

- Belessar

And whats funny is that one of those "small guilds doing denova", mine, was in the top 10 population wise of pre-launch guilds. I am concerned that they are looking at overall population instead of faction specifics, there may be 50 people on the imp fleet but there has been < 15 on the rep side for months now. Huzza for population imbalances.

My guess, the PVE and PVP server on EU are now full and the servers not selected for transfers so far are not enought populated for a new server destination to become healthy, so now BIOWARE need to think what they do with those server left:

Allow them to transfer to the already nearly full servers and risk queues.

Create a new destination and left the poor bastards, (im included) on a trash server with much lower population.