Decorations please!

FenyxSprig

I'd been wanting a Manaan stronghold forever, now that there is one - the current state of the economy the odds of me being able to decorate it are next to none. There are very few decorations available as their drops from cartel packs is sparse - that means what is on the GTN is astronomically expensive. I would be more than happy to buy decor packs. I don't really care about armor, mounts, or anything else that comes in them.

TL;DR

Decoration CM packs would be fantastic.

Do you mean RNG packs? I would support that. Though, there are already decoration "bundles" on Cartel Market, in case you haven't noticed. ^^

Unfortunately the bundles are fairly limited in what are in them. A large number of decos are only available from the various shipments. It would be great if they would offer some of those for direct sale or even have deco only rng packs from the various shipments - at hopefully reasonable prices.

I'm with you, FenyxSprig, in that I like to decorate my strongholds and not just clutter them with chairs and meat trees. This last update has really been a boon to decorators. Through the Activities window you can get to the solo flashpoints that, all but four, give a decoration for completing the mission. Further, in A Traitor Among the Chiss each boss drops a decoration (that's four total if you do the optional). The Copero deco's fit nicely with the Manaan stronghold theme. You can also get decorations from running the solo Star Forge missions (heroic is bugged). Each run can net four deco's if you complete the two side bosses. Lastly, there are a number of nice decorations that can be obtained from the prefab vendors. Synthetic and Industrial prefabs aren't too expensive to either make yourself or buy on the GTN. Universal prefabs are a bit more expensive, but generally not too bad.

That said, there are a lot of decorations that can be bought on the GTN for less than 350k credits. There are certainly those that are exorbitantly priced, but if one watches the GTN they can often find deals.

I'm with you, FenyxSprig, in that I like to decorate my strongholds and not just clutter them with chairs and meat trees. ...

That said, there are a lot of decorations that can be bought on the GTN for less than 350k credits. There are certainly those that are exorbitantly priced, but if one watches the GTN they can often find deals.

I was hoping for some RNG deco only packs, or that's what I'd like to see.

I'm *really* picky with how I set my places up. I spent, quite literally, 8 months decorating my stronghold in Nar Shadda and that involved me standing in front of the GTN going through thousands of items (repeatedly) and seeing what I liked vs what I wanted vs what I was willing to spend.

With the economy so far out of whack, it makes what I did then, completely impossible today. I've got 150m but that's almost nothing in the way of things. 350k doesn't get you far, how it is. The other options are good but when I want a specific piece and it's either 100m or isn't there at all, it does put a bit of a damper on things.

I'm happy for the other bits of decor but I think the packs are sorely lacking.

Though, there are already decoration "bundles" on Cartel Market, in case you haven't noticed. ^^
For the most part, the same decoration bundles we've had for years and years. The only new ones (relatively speaking) are Deepwater Essentials and Distant Worlds.

This may seem like a lot of variety, but unless we want all of our strongholds to look nearly identical, we need more decorations. Unfortunately, the decos in the latest pack are so rare that the prices are more than triple what I'm used to seeing. It's actually worse than that, because all the old deco prices dropped dramatically after the server merges, so by comparison the new deco prices are astronomical.

I would like to see three fixes to this issue --

* More care put into new decorations. They are STILL being released with bugs. Even the Copero decos!

* A new decoration vendor with re-skins of existing basic decorations in different colors.

* Return of the BSG packs, although now they should be Silver / Gold / Platinum packs.

Kudos to the devs for making the flashpoint decorations a guaranteed drop and adding plenty of Copero decos. They're not only beautiful, they're useful.

Edited by Xina_LA