Anyone else fed up with the cover bugs/cancel cast

Milesz

So I thought that smugglers would get some attention this patch as far as bug fixing goes but seems as though they werent even mentioned. Moving cover is bugged to where one cant even cast an aim shot or charged shot without a cancel cast. Stationary cover is bugged because it cancel casts all casts occasionally. Speed shot is also bugged to where it shows the channel bar casting but no damage is put out.

Changes that need to be made are fixes to these bugs of course and cover needs to be taken off global cooldown. If all a class is dependent on a mechanic to do any key abilities then it shouldnt take 3 seconds to get in cover. After getting into cover there is always a chance that shots will cancel cast which happens all of the time. At some points I cannot even get a casted shot off for 30 seconds leaving my opponent at full health and me at 15-20% making a comeback impossible.

Please fix cover and this cancel cast issue. It starts to get frustrating when the mechanic my class revolves around is severely bugged not to mention the shots I fire while in cover.

Another odd thing I have noticed is that my damage has decreased in pvp after leveling up and getting better gear. My aim shot use to hit for 500-1000 damage more at lower levels and now that I am 50 it has gone down. Gradually after getting higher ranks of aim shots/levels and gear the damage has gone down significantly.

Edited by Milesz

The aimed shot cover bug is really aggravating me. It's the most obvious and inconvenient smuggler bug and needs to be fixed. The amount of times I have gone into cover in PVP or a flashpoint and tried to aimed shot only to have it cancel on me is starting to become ridiculous. I seriously thought it would have been fixed trhe other night during the first maintenance.

Us snipers being the mirror class also are feeling your pain. This needs addressed asap as it ruins both pve and pvp experiences. I can't tell you how many times I've got killed in a 1v1 because my cover bugs out and I spend 5 seconds trying to drop it down and it never drops until I move a bit then drop it. At that point I'm dead or on my way.

This bug makes me die twice every day. When you fight 2 silvers or 1 elite, especially if they have one or two adds, you do not have the 5 seconds this bug wastes.

Or give us damage protection from covering with our portable cover, if you can't fix the cancel bug. This can't possible be working as intended.

That and the Corso Riggs harpoon bug are the most severe class specific bugs I have encountered yet.

I can only advise every gunslinger to write a ticket every time this bug rears it's ugly head. At least that's what I do. Every single time.

Add me to the list of Gunslingers severely annoyed by this bug.

I hardly ever use the actual Take Cover ability anymore, because I can't risk having it bug out. Unfortunately, in a lot of story battles where you have to go up and talk to the Elite before he turns hostile, the inability to quickly get into cover (since I have to run over to it and crouch first) puts me at a serious disadvantage.

It's getting pretty exasperating.

I've posted the following in several threads, including some in beta. I urge you to try out the following:

There has been no feedback on this by bioware but the the following HAS been tested and CAN be tested by your lonesome:

Your ability to use a skill is dependent on 3 things:

1. The GCD.

2. The cooldown of the respective skill.

3. The animation time of the previous skill (this is the mysterious delay that everyone experiences in PvP. It happens in PvE, but thereis no sense of urgency so you tend not to notice).

If everything is ready to go, go ahead and throw a grenade at a target and hit your shield. You'll notice that your shield doesn't immediately drop; infact it's likely that nothing happens. Your UI will respond as if you had pressed something but your character will just stand there.

Now, given that your Cover Shield is off the GCD the shield should drop, but it doesn't because the affect of the grenade you just threw is still animating. You'll find that if you throw a grenade, wait for the animation to finish AND THEN drop into cover. You will see that it goes off as it should.

Additionally, I do believe that the server somehow becomes confused if there is natural cover nearby. Often you will have to hit the cover button a few times and your character will FINALLY roll into natural cover (I have hit cover before and rolled into a natural cover spot 1 level above me...others have experienced this).

Finally, you'll find that Aimed Shot cancels itself when you're using natural cover. It says you can't see your target but your other skills will work just fine.

Many are waiting on BW to say something/anything about this, but they've been mute on it for years.

Edited by Ossos

Figured I should bump this thread with this taken from the latest PTR patch notes!

"-Fixed a bug that caused some abilities with activation times to be interrupted when used from cover."

Hurrah! :D

Let's hope this is true, I'm another person who's quite annoyed about this. I feel like this is the bread and butter of our class and it's quite game-breaking if it's not fixed soon.

Exactly, all of these replies are exactly what I am dealing with now as a 50 smuggler and since all of my main Sharpshooter abilities are totally dependent on cover which is definitely not working as it should. I also would love to hear some sort of acknowledgement on the cover bugs.