i cant find ppl ************ about the sniper ><

klambro

Hey everyone

i have bin playing a Shadow since launch and i enjoy it somewhat but i feel myself getting more and more drawn to the sniper due to the whole glass cannon idea.

i have bin browsing around the forums and i seam to allways find atleast one thread were tere is ppl ************ about how that class is broken and its crap and how they have massive problems with class quests, but i cant find anything like pn the sniper forums.

i am looking for some feedback on the class as in regards to how it works, any major problems and is there any road blocks during the class quest, i am not looking for a cake walk i played demons souls and dark souls because i enjoy the punishment ;)

thank you in advance x

I couldnt disagree more. The class is truly mediocre dps compared to other dps classes, and the mechanics are terrible and buggy at the very least. If you want a class that has no functionality other than DPS and is mediocre dps at best...this is the class for you.

I couldnt disagree more. The class is truly mediocre dps compared to other dps classes, and the mechanics are terrible and buggy at the very least. If you want a class that has no functionality other than DPS and is mediocre dps at best...this is the class for you.

no idea what you smoking but I do good on hardmodes and I notice my shoots good, but I guess 20% team shield is crap, there is some few problems but not terrible

I love my sniper. The cover mechanic and the lack of mobility compared to other classes takes some getting used to, but stops being a nuisance once you learn how to play your strengths. We have great DPS and the Imperial Agent story is really awesome. Ignore that guy bashing snipers and roll one for yourself!

Do you have any evidence to back up this claim?

Sniper is nice dps, in pvp i dont notice any dps advantage compared to my BH. Not mobile, abilities like to not work at times. Honestly it is preference. If you enjoy an UP class that will be buffed in the future or a class that is made to dps this is the class for you. Otherwise Reroll.

get to level 11, make a sniper and play huttball. you will know. Its awful as a sniper, unless you enjoy shooting the random guy because you have 0 mobility.

Have a 50 powertech and 50 sniper

The people QQing about Snipers are bad players, simple.

Sniper is THE BEST single target dps class in the game.

Operative has burst, but not the same sustained dps as Sniper.

PvP is a rofl factory for the Sniper, it is not uncommon for me to channel a 3.5 sec Ambush get a 4k hit with it, followed by 2 instant 3.5k hits (Snipe and Followthrough) and a 4k Takedown if i used Explosive probe thats another 2.5k.

That is 17.5k dmg top end within 6 seconds.

The people QQing about Snipers are bad players, simple.

Sniper is THE BEST single target dps class in the game.

Operative has burst, but not the same sustained dps as Sniper.

PvP is a rofl factory for the Sniper, it is not uncommon for me to channel a 3.5 sec Ambush get a 4k hit with it, followed by 2 instant 3.5k hits (Snipe and Followthrough) and a 4k Takedown if i used Explosive probe thats another 2.5k.

That is 17.5k dmg top end within 6 seconds.

Altho this is level 50 with probably good items :p

I get nowhere near that amount of damage at level 36 lol.

Edited by Derity

I absolutely adore my Sniper. I'm an Engineer spec, and I'm honestly impressed with not only the class's damage output, but also it's survivability. We have a number of good defensive abilities that allow us to take some hits when we need to. I've gotten my Sniper to 30 so far, and I've yet to run into any solo content I couldn't blow through, and I've shined in every group I've been in.

Cover does take a little getting used to, and there are some bugs associated with it currently, but they should soon be fixed. Once you get used to the Cover mechanic it's just an awesome class to play. I highly recommend using "Crouch in Place" as your default, though, so you don't go rolling across the screen to random natural cover points.