Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

any good rotations yet?

novachannel
12.30.2011 , 02:15 PM | #1
title says it all anyone have a good rotation because everytime i lvl up it seems like i get a new skill lol and i run out of space quick

Nonameperson
12.30.2011 , 02:48 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by novachannel View Post
title says it all anyone have a good rotation because everytime i lvl up it seems like i get a new skill lol and i run out of space quick
Read here: http://swtorsniper.blogspot.com/2011...-marksman.html

Tweal
12.30.2011 , 04:18 PM | #4
here is a guide that I found very useful when I started sniper.
http://blackrabbit2999.blogspot.com/...ild-guide.html
I'll copy paste the rotation portion

Opening

Series of Shots -> Rapid Fire -> Series of Shots -> Series of Shots -> Ambush -> Followthrough -> Rifle Shot -> Snipe -> ...

Do keep in mind you should constantly adapt your rotation to best fit the situation, and the one provided above is by no means set in stone.

DPE Priority List

Followthrough
Series of Shots
Reactive Shot Ambush
Takedown
Snipe

DPCT Priority List

Reactive Shot Ambush
Takedown
Followthrough
Series of Shots
Snipe

Edit: not sure if its mentioned in any of the links provided but as far as energy management goes you should try staying above 60 to maximize your dps. Only times I drop below 60 is if either I have adrenaline probe up to gey me back to 60 or if the boss will be dead before I run out of energy (careful with this one its easy to mis judge the bosses incoming damage)

Edit 2: something you can do about your bars being full (if you haven't done so already) is remove some of the abilities you don't use anymore such as the poison thingy (its a very technical term I know) or the explosive probe (costs way too much, still worth using if you don't have follow through yet)

Edit not sure what after correcting countless spelling errors caused by my phone: you never said what level and spec you are. Everything I said applies to marksmanship, I have no experience with the other two

novachannel
12.30.2011 , 09:00 PM | #5
this might sound stupid but ive looked in everything i have i dont see series of shots? did i miss a qst some where to get it or something?

Xizari
12.30.2011 , 09:20 PM | #6
My question is what are the scale values for Cunning compared to just straight Power. Past raiding experience in other MMOs leads me to believe that +Power will be a better DPS gain then pure +Cunning, but I'm not entirely sure if that's true in SWTOR.

Anyone want to just answer this real quick?

Cunning/Power

What order should I be aiming for as my first priority?

I feel like Power is the easy answer, but it seems Cunning does EVERYTHING so it might end up scaling better, but idk.
Vizari of (US) Helm of Graush, formerly known as Shadowfiend of WoW (US) The Underbog
Quote: Originally Posted by Xizari View Post
It usually is the people with the worst or most derivative names found standing in fire and dying. It's almost science: The more intellectually offensive someone's name is, the more likely they are terrible at everything.

Tweal
12.30.2011 , 10:17 PM | #7
@nova series of shots is a great little ability you get at 36. Like I said you never said what level you were so I wasnt sure what kind of rotation you needed.
Spam snipe at all times as long as youre above 60% feel free to pool your energy a bit if ambush/takedown is coming off of cooldown soon
when I was level 30(pre series of shots) my priority list of what abilities to use consisted of reactive shot ambush, takedown,follow through, ambush, snipe, rifle shot. Not sure if that clarifies it at all but if one of the abilities is on cool down just go to the next on the list. You use rifle shot to prevent yourself from going under 60% energy

@xizari seeing as cunning is a primary stat and power is secondary you don't have a choice but to stack cunning. Power is our main secondary stat. I'm still deciding about alacrity or crit/surge. Alacrity really only benifits series of shots

novachannel
12.31.2011 , 01:37 AM | #8
sorry guys i am lvl 35

edit: i am marksman also

novachannel
12.31.2011 , 01:46 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Tweal View Post
@nova series of shots is a great little ability you get at 36. Like I said you never said what level you were so I wasnt sure what kind of rotation you needed.
Spam snipe at all times as long as youre above 60% feel free to pool your energy a bit if ambush/takedown is coming off of cooldown soon
when I was level 30(pre series of shots) my priority list of what abilities to use consisted of reactive shot ambush, takedown,follow through, ambush, snipe, rifle shot. Not sure if that clarifies it at all but if one of the abilities is on cool down just go to the next on the list. You use rifle shot to prevent yourself from going under 60% energy

@xizari seeing as cunning is a primary stat and power is secondary you don't have a choice but to stack cunning. Power is our main secondary stat. I'm still deciding about alacrity or crit/surge. Alacrity really only benifits series of shots
what about laze target ,scatter shot ,and corrosive dart? im using alot of skills during combat that are probably not necessary

novachannel
12.31.2011 , 02:26 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by novachannel View Post
what about laze target ,scatter shot ,and corrosive dart? im using alot of skills during combat that are probably not necessary
nm i read the guide thanks guys im good now. but it still didnt say anything about corrosive dart and scatter shot does anyone use these?