Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Poisonous sniper in PvP

Avelis
12.23.2011 , 05:13 AM | #1
Anybody already tried poisons build in pvp? It looks mobile and interesting, but i'm not sure how it works out.

Any experience to share, my fellow snipers?

neirocity
12.23.2011 , 05:34 AM | #2
My problem with the poison build is ultimately straying away from Marksman to do it. I love the idea of Lethality, but there are so many things you lose.

Making snipe instant upon going into cover, giving Ambush knock back, followthrough, the absorb droids (biggest one right there), and there's a few more.

DarthKreid
12.23.2011 , 07:26 AM | #3
I'm currently building up Lethality on my sniper, and I just got corrosive grenade.

So far it has been fun, and I am always at the top of the lists for kills and damage. Heck one match I managed to snag 4 MVP votes

Poisons are actually really good for mobility, and in warzones like huttball it helps keep the dmg going while you chase down the ball carrier. I personally haven't found myself gimped in anyway for not having instant snipe or any of the marksman iconic abilities, I can still go toe to toe with any melee class at melee range if I use my abilities right.

My only complaint so far is my energy. It...kindah sucks. I unload all my cooldowns on to one guy and take him out and turn to the next guy only to find I have only a snipe and a grenade left in me. Now given I have the adrenaline probe but that only gets me through the next guy, assuming he isn't a tank.

With that said, Lethality does give a 30 second cooldown reduction to adrenaline, and I can always invest the 2 points in engineering to get additional energy. My end game build is looking something like this at 31 in lethality, 0 in marksmanship, and 10 in engineering.

http://db.darthhater.com/skill_calc/...f21ef4ef5ef4ef

I hope to see more people trying outside the norm sniper builds. A lot of those shared trees for all the classes actually look really good.
STRANGER
------------EMPIRE FOREVER---------------
MAIN -- Agent Blu - Sniper ALT -- Darth Kreid - Marauder
Legacy Surname - Baum

Avelis
12.23.2011 , 08:41 AM | #4
Sounds nice. I started asking myself about Lethality cause I'm never able to outdamage BHs in MM, despite fighting almost all the time.

Ayestes
12.23.2011 , 09:25 AM | #5
Lethality is much more mobile certainly and they can put immense pressure on the target with Cull. The only problems compared to Marksman are energy costs and being a bit more dependent on short cooldowns.

It would be weak to the cleansing of debuffs too, if anyone ever remembers that they even have those abilities. Not too worried about that happening anytime soon though.

It depends if you want to run around and create sporadic periods of pressure or if you want to utilize cover to create pressure. There is enough PvP presence in all of the trees to make up for the loss of things like Ambush knocking back. One misconception I see a lot though is that Marksman is pretty mobile. They need to constantly reposition and refresh the cover bonuses they get. The key is they just need to utilize more cast time spells then the other two trees.

Aryndelin
12.31.2011 , 06:42 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Avelis View Post
Anybody already tried poisons build in pvp? It looks mobile and interesting, but i'm not sure how it works out.

Any experience to share, my fellow snipers?
lethality sucks energy, its the worst energy friendly spec a sniper got. (relies on high crit).
But it got mobility and dots. Abilities that increase poison damage or get increased damaged on poisoned targets.

Its pretty good for pvp tbh.

marksman gives some good pvp abilities too (ballistic dampeners and ambush knock back + ambush charge time reducement) but is the least mobile leaning to high burst instead.

Engineering is more about AoE and survivability. granted they get decent single target dps too.

frankly, if you level, go engineering (it works for pvp and pve if played and specced right). THen decide if you want to do lethality at lvl 40+ once you get the talents to actually get the good lethality abilities (cull and the 31 pointer).

also experiment with hybrid specs