Reasoning behind same sex realionships differeing on factions.

EmoVincent

The title is in it self, explanatory.

The general question here is to ask the reasoning why same sex relationships are not available to both factions. Homosexual Males are able to use the "Flirt" option with other Homosexual Males but only on the Imperial side to my understanding. The same logic is applied to Homosexual Females on the Republic side.

I am unaware if there is already a form about this topic but I feel that it should be brought to light and people should question this unfairness in equality.

I have no idea what Bioware thinks of this, obviously. But my thoughts on the matter:

In regards to mini-romance arcs -- I am not necessarily including quick one-liner type of [Flirts] here -- these are not, in my experience, available to every character type (class and gender) on every planet. One planet your male Sith and female Agent might get to have a great fling with someone from their class story or the planet story line, while your female Sith and your male Agent don't. But on other planets, it may be the opposite.

Also, [Flirt]s and romance options of all types are not balanced between genders. Though there are exceptions, males on the whole have more (this is someone's cue to come in and say how much flirting their female Smuggler gets compared to their Male Jedi Consular, right? :p).

It seems to me that Bioware implemented same gender romance options on Makeb like they implemented romance on other planets, so we don't get equal distribution and full coverage (something for everyone). Unfortunately, the Makeb expansion is the only part of the game that contains same gender romance, so your character getting "left out" here seems like more of a big deal. It isn't a matter of, "Oh, your male Agent didn't get to have a fling with any male NPC's on Dromund Kaas, but don't worry, there's a cute guy in the Agent story on Balmorra he can have a fling with. And he can romance Vector, too."

While I find this disappointing, and may wish otherwise, I can see why it could be the way it is. Honestly, I think if they would just add Companion same gender romance already, the distribution of same gender flings and [Flirt]s on new planets/areas wouldn't be such a big deal.

Edited by Gwena