what do i do with sliced tech parts

DrwHem

Hey i havent done slicing yet,

but isnt slicing used for augment materials?

i might be wrong but if i recall slicing get mats for augs?

wich will rise in demenad with the new crafting system.

theres something about the new slicing mats in the forums

that i remember seeing fast,

if i run across it again ill post it for you here.

Edited by ODTONE

i have no clue. you would think they would mail you or something about the changes but i have googled sliced tech parts with no results that r useful.

/facepalm

You know the time spent downloading and applying the patch is a great opportunity to read the final version of live patch notes... where tech parts are even mentioned in their own note.

• 1 month later...

I have a new Commando who I have chosen Armourtech, as a crafting skill for.

Now, the Codex suggests the obvious Scavenging & Underworld Trading as complementary skills, but it also lists Slicing, .. So as i have been curious i took it, .

Fortunately my main uses Scavenging in his Crafts , so i have been able to supply the 'kid' with the scavenging good to make the armour, but had that not been an option, i would have no possibility of crafting Armourtech- so why suggest Slicing?

What it DOES do is pick up increasing amounts of cash, and Schematics, I already have an Augment schematic, but it does not use the Sliced tech Parts. as far as i have read and researched there seems to be no apparent use for them, .. Thus Far.

However, that said, i'm gonna take slicing to the top and i'll report back. ..already the Commando is a better kitted and richer commando at L19 than would ever have been possible otherwise. the cash is all sliced, but the only way i've been able to create and mod up the Armour i craft is from the Artifice & Cybertech of my 2 L50's .

So, i'm still searching for the answer to this thread, but i can recommend Slicing , but only to those who can 'Support' it! (unless of course you just go for 3 gathering skills and sell the bounty? )

Azzurro

:rak_02:

Edit:

I have just found a schematic for a Purple 'Ancient' Augment, the sliced tech parts are used for crafting this & i hear all other blue and purple augments.

Edited by Haieshei

but where do i get those recipes? i have 400 cybertech and another 400 armor and i dont see any worthwhile recipes(or any at all) that require augment pieces.

The crafting for augments has been broken up between 3 crafting professions:

Armormech gets reflex (aim), shield, absorb, skill (cunning)

Synthweaving gets might (strength), alacrity, resolve (willpower)

Armstech gets endurance, presence, crit and surge and I think overkill (power)

Not sure where redoubt (defense) goes off the top of my head but pretty sure it isn't armor.

The schematics do drop from slicing and only as green schematics, you have to then RE to blue and purple if desired.

Hope you find this helpful.

slicing provides:

- patterns for green quality augments that you can then craft with synthweaving, artifice or armormech. Then you RE them to obtain the blue patterns and so on.

- blue and purple missions for the other crafts

- the components to make the blue and purple augments

- credits

The crafting for augments has been broken up between 3 crafting professions:

Armormech gets reflex (aim), shield, absorb, skill (cunning)

Synthweaving gets might (strength), alacrity, resolve (willpower)

Armstech gets endurance, presence, crit and surge and I think overkill (power)

Not sure where redoubt (defense) goes off the top of my head but pretty sure it isn't armor.

The schematics do drop from slicing and only as green schematics, you have to then RE to blue and purple if desired.

Hope you find this helpful.

Redoubt is Synthweaving.

If you are running Slicing missions for schematics, concentrate on Rich and Bountiful missions. These have the highest return rates for Augment schematics for me so far.

You will have an enormous quantity of slicing materials if you are trying for schematics. Either drop them on the GTN or vendor them if the GTN has too many on it already.

Hey i havent done slicing yet,

but isnt slicing used for augment materials?

i might be wrong but if i recall slicing get mats for augs?

wich will rise in demenad with the new crafting system.

I think you're right, except the "new crafting system" which is just a dream, afaik...

Instead of selling augmented pieces with different skins, we'll farm cost effective items to sell augment kits to apply to vendors' items... is that what you call a "new crafting system"?

All the PvP armors schematics bought and learnt are going to be a 50k net loss, just to be clear, with equivalent augmented pieces with no Valor requirement doable instead.

/facepalm

You know the time spent downloading and applying the patch is a great opportunity to read the final version of live patch notes... where tech parts are even mentioned in their own note.

I second that /facepalm

i have no clue. you would think they would mail you or something about the changes but i have googled sliced tech parts with no results that r useful.

They are used for augment items. My friend has a slicer and she sends those to me as when you get the blue and purple augments they require them.