Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

armours with a working jetpack?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
armours with a working jetpack?

bob-a
04.28.2014 , 11:12 AM | #1
I met another bounty hunter on Belsavis the other day, and I noticed he had an armour with an actual working jetpack. With working jetpack I mean that the flame jet actually comes out of the jetpack exausts rather than under his feet during jetpack moves (death from above, rocket boost and maybe some more powertech specific abilities, Im a merc myself)

The armour he used was the purple chestplate you get from the Oricon quests (the one with lvl 53 purple mods in it).
ofc the first thing I did afterwards was change my own BH outfit to incorporate that armour. luckily I had it hoarded away in my vault still.

However, the armour itself is not perfect. imo the shoulderplates are a bit small and the arms are not covered with plate.

So my question: does anyone know if any more armours exist with an actual working jetpack? Adaptive armours only ofc, no one cares about green crap. I would love to compile a list about this, I cant be the only bounty hunter out there that wants this.

and a note to the bounty hunter dev: please please make all the armours that incorporate a jetpack into the design fire the flame jet from the jetpack exausts rather than under the feet like the other classes have it.

Xienive
04.28.2014 , 06:13 PM | #2
I'm pretty sure all heavy armor that can be modded with a jetpack on them functions as such. I haven't ever worn one that didn't function. HOWEVER the adaptive armor that can be worn by any class does not have working jetpacks even if there is a jetpack on it, for example the chest from the Bounty Hunter event.

Khevar
04.29.2014 , 10:22 PM | #3
I use the Interstellar Privateer's Jacket and it has a working jetpack. I use it for my Scoundrel, tho.

Millardkillmoore
05.02.2014 , 08:06 AM | #4
Pretty much all customizable Heavy armor with jetpacks on the model work just fine. So you can check the gtn for heavy orange chests and pick your favorite there. The comms vendors are another great place to look. I know for a fact the Contractor's chest works as well. I'm pretty sure both manhunter chests also work.

Oxidsed
05.05.2014 , 07:55 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Xienive View Post
HOWEVER the adaptive armor that can be worn by any class does not have working jetpacks even if there is a jetpack on it, for example the chest from the Bounty Hunter event.
This make me so
I was very dissappointed having gone to all the rep raising effort to get this chest only to find the jetpack was a fake! you would think a chest from a bounty hunter event would have a jetpack that worked like a bounty hunter needs it to!!!
Back to the drawing board looking for a chest piece that fits and is jetpack enabled!

Shadowsentinel
05.08.2014 , 10:16 PM | #6
Depends on how many credits you're ready to spend. There's TT-17 Hydra set (very expensive on GTN because of rare drop) and Electrum Onslaught (craftable). There's a little difference between them, and they look awesome on BH.

bob-a
05.15.2014 , 12:36 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Shadowsentinel View Post
Depends on how many credits you're ready to spend. There's TT-17 Hydra set (very expensive on GTN because of rare drop) and Electrum Onslaught (craftable). There's a little difference between them, and they look awesome on BH.
Just want to give an update on this. While the Electrum Onslaught armour does indeed look awesome, it does NOT have a working jetpack.

I found the TT-17 Hydra set on the auction hall but it is indeed too expensive, I cant afford that.

So I guess I stick with what I have for now, anyone else found any working jetpacks?

CuzziniF
03.29.2020 , 07:29 AM | #8
What about the visla armor it's got on on the back just dont know how to make it fly

Jagrattlehead
04.01.2020 , 07:34 PM | #9
You've got to have the Legacy jet boost ability, I believe. It's a timed boost.

Anyaka_Jedi
04.06.2020 , 05:15 PM | #10
Maybe its best to make a list with armoursets that do not have a working jetpack... The one that annoys me most is the remnant resurected bountyhunter chestpiece