Training Costs are a Thing of the Past

EricMusco

Thanks for shafting us for pre ordering early!

Can you think about anyone other than yourself? BW makes changes based of what people like you were posting, things that will save credits for millions of characters, and all you can think of is to b**** and moan about your spending maybe 100k credits retraining skills?

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had really wished they had reduced the costs just for 90 % - 99 % , but not completeloy removing them,

because removiong the costs completely is a little bit too cheap for my taste.

I think that havinng to pay 40-60 Credits per skill would still be good.

But apart from that, I'm deeply impressed by thge (re)move.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Can you think about anyone other than yourself? BW makes changes based of what people like you were posting, things that will save credits for millions of characters, and all you can think of is to b**** and moan about your spending maybe 100k credits retraining skills?

try millions across multiple toons and over exponentially more than 100k credits on one single toon. You can say that this is a great change for the game and an incredibly poor timed announcement that shafts pre order players. End of story.

100k credits.. lol? It's 800k plus for a Sorc 55 - 60 and I have leveled Several of those. I'm not thinking about just myself but everyone else who pre ordered early for early access.

so glad I just spent my 2 million credits on training skills then.

Yet didn't spend millions of credits getting your characters leveled during 12xXP? You sure are grateful aren't you (so wish there was a sarcasm font), and I doubt it took you 2 million credits to retrain skills. Its not that much. Maybe 50k per character.

Yet didn't spend millions of credits getting your characters leveled during 12xXP? You sure are grateful aren't you (so wish there was a sarcasm font), and I doubt it took you 2 million credits to retrain skills. Its not that much. Maybe 50k per character.

Now you're trolling for sure.

The characters I have spent credits on? They weren't leveled in 12xp.

This is a post from someone truly clueless. Your assumptions are way off base and probably should stop responding in this thread if that's all you're going to do.

Hey folks,

Let’s talk a bit about training costs for your characters abilities. One thing has become clear from the player feedback in not only this thread, but since launch: players do not like training costs. It is a situation where every level you will see your hard earned credits go to a holographic Hutt doctor in order to make yourself a bit stronger. We have been talking about this topic internally for quite some time and when you add player feedback to the mix one thing becomes clear… We should make training costs a thing of the past.

Since launch, you have spent millions of credits training skills across your characters. As of our maintenance next week all ability training costs will be completely removed from the game, forever!

What does this mean for you? This means that starting next week, instead of spending your credits on training skills, you can now spend them on literally, anything else you want. Note that this only affects ability training, you will still need to spend credits to training schematics for Crew Skills, etc.

Thank you again for your feedback.

-eric

Thanks for the change and thanks for letting us know!

Hey folks,

Let’s talk a bit about training costs for your characters abilities. One thing has become clear from the player feedback in not only this thread, but since launch: players do not like training costs. It is a situation where every level you will see your hard earned credits go to a holographic Hutt doctor in order to make yourself a bit stronger. We have been talking about this topic internally for quite some time and when you add player feedback to the mix one thing becomes clear… We should make training costs a thing of the past.

Since launch, you have spent millions of credits training skills across your characters. As of our maintenance next week all ability training costs will be completely removed from the game, forever!

What does this mean for you? This means that starting next week, instead of spending your credits on training skills, you can now spend them on literally, anything else you want. Note that this only affects ability training, you will still need to spend credits to training schematics for Crew Skills, etc.

-eric

Wow, very pleased with this news. Great job on listening to player feedback, guys and gals!

As a result, we will not be providing refunds for the cost of training.

Hope that clarifies our thoughts on the situation.

-eric

No issues there, thanks for the heads up so I don't spend credits on any training between now and then. It's not as though it stops me levelling :D

A good change going forward, for all of the players.

Sure, but counting from today, when would have been a good time, in the light of the original problem?

This isn't something new that came out of no where. It should have been Dec 2. If they made this decision from SCRATCH between Dec 2 and today, I would be surprised.

Actually, I take that back- I wouldn't be surprised after this.

The big problem here with not refunding players who leveled 55 - 60 during early access is that for early access is that your loyal players who pre ordered early and put time into early access ate this cost. The players who did not pre order in time for early access are not going to have this cost.

While I understand not refunding all 1 - 60 training costs due to it injecting a lot of money into the game, 55 - 60 should be refunded.

Hey folks,

-eric

:eek:...........:eek:...............:D................:cool:

I find this resolution positively acceptable. I would like to applaud such a bold move as well. We subscribers pay for this entertainment outlet and this not only shows your acknowledgement of this fact but your endeavorment to insure that our desires ,in gaming, are fulfilled fairly. Nothing is perfect but the quest for such shows true loyalty to us,your customers.

I would also hope that in the future ,such calamities will be sorted in beta as opposed to the brunt of the chaos falling on the heads of the pre-cash paying access customers that either were delayed in playing or expunged of virtual savings. ;)

FYI-demograghic- 47year old male entrepreneur . Was "Forgottensinger" in beta, been a consistent subscriber since launch. ..and due to these actions,will continue to be. :cool:

And your welcome for the feedback :D

Well, this is welcome news! I had just gotten one of my Bounty Hunters to 60 when I noticed the tweet about it, so I didn't bother training her up. Although I already spent over 1.2 million on the 2 characters I got to 60 before her, at least I'll save at least 12 million on all my others.

As some have said, it does seem kind of <expletive>y to not refund the costs incurred during the early access, though. I'm not worried about it too much though, but it certainly seems kind of poor on your part towards the early access people. Again, I'm not angry about it (and certainly won't threaten to sue/quit/march on Austin or anything), but it is another poor decision in a long line of ones, IMO.

Meh.