Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So a Sorc and a Merc walk into a Flash point... Bioware pay attention

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So a Sorc and a Merc walk into a Flash point... Bioware pay attention

sharkfishman
11.12.2019 , 12:50 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I mentioned in the other thread that I can see a pattern emerging for people not experiencing this issue.

1. They play both healer and dps and switch between them
2. They play both tank and dps and switch between them.

It’s not that they haven’t set the drop for specific gear specs, because they have.
If you are a tank, you only get tank set bonuses.
If you are a healer, you only get healer set bonuses (but do get accuracy for some stupid reason).
So it’s more than apparent that part works fine.

It seems to only affect players who play classes that have dual spec available, but only choose to play dps.
I don't play a healer (yet). I merely switch my loot discipline while playing as a dps to make sure I get drops for both (once I had everything I needed as dps, I starting looting for my healer. When I got enough for healer gear, I switched back to lightning to keep getting set bonuses. I haven't played as healer yet (gear is sitting tidy in bay waiting for me to go relearn my long-lost healing rotations.)

That's why I said you should try it out, just to see if it makes a difference (in the interest of more thorough bug reports). Just switch your Loot Discipline to Tank to see if you start getting DPS drops. Perhaps there's a toggle switch working incorrectly, lol.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

Benirons
11.12.2019 , 01:48 AM | #22
In my experience, loot discipline only determines the type of mods u r getting. As in tanks will get tanky left side, dps heals will get dps heal left side etc.

Tho loot discipline has no bearing whatsoever on what kind of tacticals or set bonus pieces u get at the end, if any.

And btw, vets r utter garbage to get gear, i almost never see 306s from there, so just stopped doing them entirely.

Kiesu
11.12.2019 , 02:02 AM | #23
I think this might be why you haven’t got the issue. Because you do actually run as a tank and dps. So you can swap and it seems to “unlock” what ever is broken.
Plus I also get the feeling you are only talking about the normal dropped stuff, not the set bonus stuff. Which is what needs attention.
Ah. When you're saying "Everything is for the wrong spec", I literally thought _everything_ was for the wrong spec. But hey, if you think fieldrespec might fix it, it's only 200k to test and you get to keep it forever. I don't normally switch specs middle of fp though, this was just for testing.

The tacticals that need attention, are you talking about the last-boss drops that everyone can roll for, or the 1% personal drop tacticals? Cuz I'm fairly sure the last boss party drop was never supposed to be for your specific class to begin with.
The low roll personal drops I'm not sure about because everything I've gotten as personal set/tactical loot has been generic loot everyone can wear like entertainer sets and relic proc tacticals.

And the loot haul for vets was lower than I usually get in MMs and I'm sure that's intended as well. Harder stuff bigger prizes and so on.
Refer! - Pawn alignment funzies - [Add impressive e-peen brag here]
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist.
Legions of Lettow → Tomb of Freedon Nadd → Red Eclipse → Darth Malgus.

Tsillah
11.12.2019 , 05:27 AM | #24
I think this might be why you haven’t got the issue. Because you do actually run as a tank and dps. So you can swap and it seems to “unlock” what ever is broken.
Plus I also get the feeling you are only talking about the normal dropped stuff, not the set bonus stuff. Which is what needs attention.
Which makes me wonder if the set bonus stuff is actually subject to this loot filter at all or if it's purposefully straight RNG regardless of class or spec.

Normal loot is fine but when I open crates that contain set bonus items like the conquest crates, it's all over the place. So I wonder if depending on the source of the loot there might be different rules for the RNG, intentionally or not.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

DarthSpuds
11.12.2019 , 05:29 AM | #25
Can not believe anyone is still even half defending this PoS Gearing System.

It's a joke, and anyone who is playing along is a fool.

Because you played along Bioware will be completely comfortable adding ever more RNG Grind.

Well done, you've helped them ruin the game.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

aristein
11.12.2019 , 06:41 AM | #26
idk, I used my stealth character to run stealth runs and geared him, all 8 of my characters, in 306 gear in 3 days of running fps (just running in and killing bosses). Tons of gear dropping and on average about 20% was 306 once I was in all 306 gear. And, when I switched to tank gear preference, I got enough 306 tanking gear for 2 characters (only have one tank character, but you get a lot of extra trying to get a full set and some mods for set pieces). It seemed to work well for my shadow.

The problem (it sounds like to me) is players with no stealth character having to work so much harder and getting bad runs. I get 2-3 run streaks where no 306 gear dropped (although I admit I never had a 5 run streak). But then other runs end up giving me 50% 306 drops. It evens out (at least it has for me). The difference is I can do a run with another stealth toon in about 15 minutes, while non-toons take much much longer to get the drops. So, they are counting on gear each run.

I have experienced a similar drop rate in renown crates (around 20% 306 gear once my character is in all 306). PVP seems to be slacking. I rarely get anything decent from pvp crates (maybe 5%). However, I have gotten decent gear from weekly/daily pvp crates (only did it on 2 characters last week, so small sample size). I even got a set piece and a tactical. So that more than made up for it.

Anyway, my point is there IS an easy way to gear...if you have a stealth toon to run lots of fp's quickly. Doing it any other way is going to be frustrating (especially for those with multiple characters to gear).
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Kiesu
11.12.2019 , 07:34 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by aristein View Post
The problem (it sounds like to me) is players with no stealth character having to work so much harder and getting bad runs.
I dunno about that. I lvled a Jugg first and geared it really fast by chain-quing MM fps set to all-random (to get those extra 2 boxes at the end of each run). I really dps more but I knew tank ques were gonna be lightning fast so I basically geared tank first to 306 (no set), then turned loot discipline to dps while still tanking and got 306 dps gear (no set) and at this point I had done so many MMs and gained so many frags I already had half a setbonus of my choosing purchased just waiting to get modded.

Sure, stealthing RR was probably faster, but honestly this is still the fastest I have ever geared in any expac.
Refer! - Pawn alignment funzies - [Add impressive e-peen brag here]
What made Origin stories superior to KotFE/ET? All 8 story characters could co-exist.
Level and world designer, comic artist, general RP nerd and occasional snark novelist.
Legions of Lettow → Tomb of Freedon Nadd → Red Eclipse → Darth Malgus.

TrixxieTriss
11.13.2019 , 09:32 PM | #28
Nothing in 6.0.1 patch notes to address this problem.

Bioware stop being AFK. Where is a yellow post, “some where on the forums” to address this issue that has many threads.