Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

World First Renown 999?

ReeRoo
11.07.2019 , 09:49 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Hey man! Don't hate! Appreciate!
I wasn't trying to poo poo OP's grind. I asked what the benefits of Renown 999 were and the consensus was "achievement". That means there is no real benefit but it is a grind for the sake of grinding. To contrast, e.g., legendary at least shows you learned at minimum the fundamentals of each class and unlocked bonus powers. That's a benefit. Getting all datacrons gives stat boosts. Benefit. CXP 300 had some benefit, which I don't recall (unlocked gear?). Renown 999 serves no purpose at least for now.

Transcendent
11.07.2019 , 09:53 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Itís a shame the swtor team donít post world firsts and congrats like the blizzard (war craft) team does.
It would be nice to have one of those infographics, but updated for the latest things as well.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

black_pyros
11.08.2019 , 02:26 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by ReeRoo View Post
I wasn't trying to poo poo OP's grind. I asked what the benefits of Renown 999 were and the consensus was "achievement". That means there is no real benefit but it is a grind for the sake of grinding. To contrast, e.g., legendary at least shows you learned at minimum the fundamentals of each class and unlocked bonus powers. That's a benefit. Getting all datacrons gives stat boosts. Benefit. CXP 300 had some benefit, which I don't recall (unlocked gear?). Renown 999 serves no purpose at least for now.
You were told that one of benefits is gaining 99900 tech fragments. Not even counting plus several times more earned during grinding it. Do you really have to ask, what is the benefit of having several hundreds of thousands tech fragments available for gearing?
Click for FREE 7 Days of Subscription

http://www.swtor.com/r/mdqsLM

Osoygatitalove
11.08.2019 , 09:25 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by lordoftransform View Post
On November 4th, 2019 at 6:41pm EST I achieved renown rank 999 due to some serious grinding. Due to some prompting by my friends, I've decided to post here on the forums displaying my acquisition of Limitless. I believe I may be world first for getting to this point, but at this moment I do not know for sure. Good luck to all fellow renown grinders!

https://imgur.com/gallery/OUuRXkq
that is crazy, congrats!

DawnAskham
11.08.2019 , 10:36 AM | #25
Just curious, but how many hours, and what did you do?

ReeRoo
11.08.2019 , 10:38 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by black_pyros View Post
You were told that one of benefits is gaining 99900 tech fragments. Not even counting plus several times more earned during grinding it. Do you really have to ask, what is the benefit of having several hundreds of thousands tech fragments available for gearing?
Your passive aggressive attempt to refute that there is no benefit to Renown 999 is baseless, like a house built on a swamp. You get TF by grinding. There is no lump sum TF award at Renown 999 as you mislead. You get the same amount of TF at Renown 1 that you get at Renown 999. Thus your post only reinforces my conclusion that there is no benefit to Renown 999. Thank you for your support.

Also, the next xpax will likely change "Renown" to "Rewind'' and reset to 0. Renown 999 is a grind for the sake of grinding.

black_pyros
11.11.2019 , 10:01 AM | #27
Your passive aggressive attempt
I only acted as a mirror here, merely reflecting the PA you threw towards OP for his own accomplishment.
I also must agree with your argument, that for renown rank 999 you get the same 100 tech fragments as for any previous rank. But there are other benefits you gain for reaching rank 999: 20 free cartel coins, 100 achievement points and a legacy title "Limitless". And before you try to make argument here, I want to remind you, that just because these things may not be benefits for you, it doesn't mean, they are also not benefits for others...
Click for FREE 7 Days of Subscription

http://www.swtor.com/r/mdqsLM

DreadtechSavant
11.11.2019 , 10:18 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Hey man! Don't hate! Appreciate! Even if we do not share in his devotion to grind renown levels, and even if it requires little or no "skill" it's still an achievement nonetheless.

I mean, let's be real lots of things are recognized as being noteworthy and worthy of celebration but aren't especially hard to accomplish. Just the will and fortitude OP had to accomplish his achievement is worth acknowledging imo.

Also, this was a great thread. It has brought a lot of people together. That's the important part.
Agreed,
well done OP.
So out of interest what is your gear rated at on that character?

Again well done.

Bakeneggncheese
11.11.2019 , 02:35 PM | #29
What is the benefit of renown rank 999?
Same benefits as no nut november
Evolution of a lost name. Original name on Darth Bandon, Party Time Song <MOK>. Server merge to Correllian Run lost name became Bake <Ctrl Alt Elite>, server merge to Shadowlands lost that name became Muggi <Kung Fu Treachery>. Star Forge merge I still have the same name!

Tsillah
11.11.2019 , 03:10 PM | #30
You should work in a factory, they'll love you. Jokes aside, it's cool if it makes you happy but I find world firsts only really interesting when it involves skill, like NiM content. But hey, if it makes you happy that's all good.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB