Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Want to get more 306 pieces? Lower your iRating to 305 or less.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Want to get more 306 pieces? Lower your iRating to 305 or less.

NogueiraA
11.12.2019 , 12:46 AM | #1
That's right, after more than 5 hours farming stealth RR MM with 3 other friends we tested it and everyone was getting way more 306 when we lowered our iRating.
Before you "iT'S rnG BrUh loL", test it for yourself and see.
La'izen | Sentinel
Jedi Laizen | Guardian
Satele Shan
BETA tester

sharkfishman
11.12.2019 , 12:54 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by NogueiraA View Post
That's right, after more than 5 hours farming stealth RR MM with 3 other friends we tested it and everyone was getting way more 306 when we lowered our iRating.
I did notice this while leveling. There may be something in the code designed to help you get better item levels while leveling. Any of these last minute test server changes are liable to have a lot of unexpected effects, lol.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

Benirons
11.12.2019 , 01:40 AM | #3
I cant attest to how it feels at 305, but i gotta say it is pretty disappointing how lil 306 u get at 306. Getting worse gear most of the time than what u have is just dumb.

yaxmutal
11.12.2019 , 04:03 AM | #4
I got to 301 fairly fast. I went to 282 in a single day and then went from 282 to 301 in another single day. Then it took another entire day to reach 302. I have to say I was very put off when last night I did an entire evening of play doing countless FPs and didn't go up even a single point. I have done maybe 10 FPS at 302 and haven't gotten a single piece of 306 yet - although I do admit MMs were simply not popping and I think they were all vet.

Pirana
11.12.2019 , 05:15 AM | #5
This wouldn't surprise me at all. When I first hit 304 or so, I was getting a lot of 306 gear. Now that I have multiple alts at gear rating 306, I rarely get the item rating, it's usually between 302-305. Will test this next time I log in, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was coded this way intentionally. Not only to help players get to 306 in a timely manner, but also to slow the horizontal leveling once at 306.
The Journey Is Often Greater Than The Destination

Volcinar
11.12.2019 , 06:20 AM | #6
so you end up disassembling most of the lower ilvl gear you get at 306, giving you tons of the currency to go buy gear that should be at 306 just like you...

...seems like that's what you do at 306.

TrixxieTriss
11.12.2019 , 07:42 AM | #7
I will test tomorrow, thanks for the heads up.

MonjiO
11.12.2019 , 03:34 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by yaxmutal View Post
I got to 301 fairly fast. I went to 282 in a single day and then went from 282 to 301 in another single day. Then it took another entire day to reach 302. I have to say I was very put off when last night I did an entire evening of play doing countless FPs and didn't go up even a single point. I have done maybe 10 FPS at 302 and haven't gotten a single piece of 306 yet - although I do admit MMs were simply not popping and I think they were all vet.
Try using the vendor on the fleet to replace your lower end items. I ran into a similar bottleneck, dropped ~1500 tech frags or so to clear out my lower end items and was able to hit 306 pretty quick!
Flying in Squad 367!

Shirvington
11.12.2019 , 03:40 PM | #9
This is quality forum content. Will test this out. Thanks for heads up.

jedimasterjac
11.12.2019 , 04:22 PM | #10
My guess is that it's less an intentional design choice and more a result of this:

For all random loot rolls, the game has a chance of dropping: Up to a 2 ilvl upgrade, a lateral drop, a 2 ilvl downgrade.

While increasing, the upgrade is favored. (From my experience, this is the case)

When you hit 306, the 2ilvl upgrade is no longer available, but the game doesn't re-adjust the odds to favor lateral drops.
Quote: Originally Posted by Grand Master Yoda
We are what they grow beyond. That is the burden of all masters.