Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So when do you plan on fixing the items in collections that have no unlock?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So when do you plan on fixing the items in collections that have no unlock?

Rolodome
11.10.2019 , 10:38 PM | #1
There are something like 28 pieces of armor and/or armor sets that (IIRC) were added to the game before the collection system was fully designed and therefore were never given the functionality of being unlocked for character or account. They are pieces that have a level requirement and stats on them.

I doubt anybody cares about that aspect of them at this point, especially since it's only possible to acquire them through people selling old copies of the things. Why not just go in and modify them to be like regular cartel items and then mail people a copy of them, who have them tagged in collections (if necessary) so they can do a proper character unlock.

As much as I want to laugh hysterically at the idea of paying gold level for account unlock on each of these, it'd at least be giving people a way to get better access to them who have obtained them at some point. I know a lot of them are probably pieces you can get through crafting, but let's be real, part of the appeal for CM items is the convenience.

Of all the things to neglect, I thought the CM was always at the top of the priority list and these sets are part of it. The red-headed-stepchildren of the CM need some love too.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.

Damask_Rose
11.11.2019 , 12:12 AM | #2
I support this. (And I would pay the gold unlock for them... well when unlocks are on sale!)

SteveTheCynic
11.11.2019 , 05:23 AM | #3
Most of them are the raised-minimum-level pre-modded ones, I think, and those, by design, are not collectionisable. (Er, that means that they aren't, as such, "broken" and can't be fixed. They are working like they are supposed to work.)

Of course, these days, the pre-fitted mods are essentially meaningless, so replacing them (for the future) with versions with no level requirement and no pre-fitted mods and compatibility-with-collections, but the same names and appearances would seem reasonable.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

JediQuaker
11.11.2019 , 08:11 AM | #4
Also, for some reason, some items that require Cartel Market Certificates (and perhaps other special currency) to purchase, are listed in collections, but aren't "claimable".
So, I don't think these items need to be "fixed" as such. But there could be more clarification that not everything in collections can be unlocked.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

Rolodome
11.11.2019 , 09:45 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Also, for some reason, some items that require Cartel Market Certificates (and perhaps other special currency) to purchase, are listed in collections, but aren't "claimable".
So, I don't think these items need to be "fixed" as such. But there could be more clarification that not everything in collections can be unlocked.
Along those lines, another thing that could be clearer is having a display dropdown choice in collections for items that are unlocked for character, but not account. This, more so than what I mention in the OP (imo), is something pretty important. It's important for being able to find things you need to unlock and deciding to unlock them, the larger your collection grows. The more you have unlocked for account (especially in armor), the harder it is to locate things that are unlocked for character, but not account. If you can't even find them, why would you ever spend money on CC to unlock them? (I'm trying to appeal to bioware's pocketbook, since I know that's one of the only things they listen to.)

The collections section in general needs a QOL pass and it's amazing it hasn't gotten one, what with it being one of, if not the, primary source of revenue.

Some other things that come to mind (some of which I've probably said before multiple times):
- Needs capability to claim items from a set without claiming a copy of the entire set! (or just connect the Outfit Designer to Collections somehow, so that you can apply items directly from Collections without ever needing to pop a copy into your inventory).
- More sorting options (the one I mentioned in detail above is probably the most practical, but there could be others too, like a sorting option excluding items such as the ones we're talking about, if they're never going to be changed -- some other possibilities: sort by single item collections, sort by sets, sort alphabetically ascending/descending)

Damask_Rose
11.11.2019 , 10:05 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Rolodome View Post
The collections section in general needs a QOL pass and it's amazing it hasn't gotten one, what with it being one of, if not the, primary source of revenue.

Some other things that come to mind (some of which I've probably said before multiple times):
- Needs capability to claim items from a set without claiming a copy of the entire set! (or just connect the Outfit Designer to Collections somehow, so that you can apply items directly from Collections without ever needing to pop a copy into your inventory).
- More sorting options (the one I mentioned in detail above is probably the most practical, but there could be others too, like a sorting option excluding items such as the ones we're talking about, if they're never going to be changed -- some other possibilities: sort by single item collections, sort by sets, sort alphabetically ascending/descending)
What I really, really want is a "learn all" button for mounts, pets, titles, emotes, flairs and companions. It would save me a massive amount of time, especially since half the categories don't gray out after you learn them.

Rolodome
11.11.2019 , 11:18 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Damask_Rose View Post
What I really, really want is a "learn all" button for mounts, pets, titles, emotes, flairs and companions. It would save me a massive amount of time, especially since half the categories don't gray out after you learn them.
Good point, that one is greatly needed too.