Checking In!

KeithKanneg

Can we stop with the "people are negative" stuff.

Yes, people can be negative and hyperbolic which is normal when people are passionate about something. I feel negative just reading about how everyone is negative.

I find it hard to believe that the only place we can find criticisms of 6.0 is on the forums, specifically by a cabal of malcontent naysayers. :rolleyes:

I seem to recall very recently [within the last month] reading a post of yours where you were pining the forum's loss of this saccharine, sanctimonious, sentimentalist. As it turns out, s/he was a lot more tolerable when s/he was a memory.

Not that I disagree.

On-topic: I spent upwards of 40 MILLION credits grinding each of the crafting skills from 600 to 700. That's not for all my characters, that's just doing it once for the Renowned Craftsmen cheevo. And I've done so knowing [from these forums] that you can't craft anything with them anyway. Crafting is completely worthless. It doesn't need 'refinement', it needs to be overhauled, and the PTS said the same damn thing before release. That's not counting the bugs in CS like biochem. So it strikes me that a bit of negativity is warranted in the face of Keith's rose-colored analysis of 6.0 feedback.

Edited by Ardrossan

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone,

Let’s talk about Onslaught! Like many of you, I have been really enjoying the expansion and all the changes we made for gearing. I now have quite a few toons up to level 75 and virtually all of them are at Item Rating 306. I’m spending time changing stats of individual items, playing around with amplifiers, and seeing what changes will make me feel OP. What feels good is being able to play anything in the game and benefiting from the new gearing system.

Except you can't, really. Heroics don't drop anything over 276-rated gear, and won't, no matter how many champs you kill. My iRating 295 Shadow hasn't seen a usable drop from a heroic since the second week. Plus, you can get at-level drops from trash mobs, while you can't when doing a harder heroic.

Flashpoints seem to have difficulty-gates put on rated gear drops. Esseles, for example, doesn't seem to drop above 288 whether you run it on Story or Vet. So if you're after quick fragments, putting yourself through the stress feels like a waste of time. In theory, difficulty-gating seems vaguely reasonable, except that it isn't accurate. I get better drops from running easy-as-pie Story Korriban Incursion, Blood Hunt, or Maelstrom Prison. And even then, my drops are all kinds of different rating levels-- ex. last night's Korriban Incursion gave me everything from a 298 lightsaber and helmet to 284 mods. I've been doing most of my gearing through Tech Fragments.

Solo gearing is all kinds of a mess right now. Playing what you want gets you exactly nothing. With a few tweaks and opening up drops to all kinds of content, you'll have a great system. Right now, it's better than Galactic Command. (To be totally fair, it's a whole magnitude better for a casual schlub like me.)

Gearing has me doing the following things I'm not a fan of: a) grinding Conquest on multiple 75s for Tech Fragments, b) running two or three flashpoints a day, c) when I can tolerate it, multitasking with running Treasure Hunting missions and d) returning to the fleet every 30 seconds when I've got enough tech fragments for a new piece.. Maybe "not a fan" is too mild-- I've determined I can't stand flashpoints :D Doing scheduled content a la Conquest is nothing fun or interesting. I really dislike having my game getting constantly interrupted with companions returning from various tasks and having to deal with disintegrating stuff constantly or going to the fleet and having the new vendors yell at you.

Additional gearing stuff: TBH, most of the set bonuses I've seen don't seem to be worth the amount of grinding/credits they're priced at. What few pieces I've seen drop don't seem particularly interesting either. There are way too many options for my casual self, and it's really hard to assemble more than a single piece from what drops. My goal is to get to 306, then use later drops to gear up my alts to 300-ish. That's it. Because the system is a) too expensive and b) too complex. The Veteran's Edge/iRating bonus is nice, which is the only reason I'm bothering at all with the system. And it's also unfair to lower-level and new player toons, but that's a whole separate issue...

We are extremely pleased with the launch of the expansion. I don’t want to jinx it, but from the game standpoint, it has been very smooth with relatively minor issues all around (the Tulak Hord server being the exception). We fixed a number of bugs a week following the expansion and we have a number of additional bug fixes being released in next week’s patch likely on Thursday the 14th of November 2019. I know we usually release on Tuesday, but there’s a few items we want to include in this patch, so we gave the team an extra couple days. There is also a little surprise for everyone included with the patch, but we will let you know what’s up on Tuesday.

Does this mean you fixed the unkillable Kilran bug? Pretty pleeze?

Lowering the costs on repairs and mod extraction? Pretty pleeze? I keep hoping that's a bug :D

Crafting: Changes might be nice if you want me to participate. Aside from Treasure Hunting, I haven't touched any of the Onslaught upgrades because the cost to train is insane out of the gate. 500K for a single discipline, including all of the mission skills and gathering? That's too steep a hurdle for me to touch. Especially since I'm going through tons upon tons of credits every day extracting mods from drops to progress my main toon.

And, I'm gathering, that's just the beginning. I didn't have the wattage to test it on the PTS. I have even less will to deal with it since my real resources in-game are pathetic. You're not getting anywhere in 6.0 on 58 million :D

BIG KUDOS ON CRAFTING STORAGE <3 This makes dealing with inventory so much easier. Thank you!!!!!

Can I suggest a couple of tweaks to make it even more awesome?

a) make the filters you choose "stick" until you close the window. Right now, they collapse back into the standard interface after you remove a single material. I tend to pull out several low-level mat stacks at a time to sell on the GTN, so I'm having to re-filter every couple of material pulls.

b) allow bulk selection of materials. Say, you filter on "Prototype" and you want to empty your crystal and metals inventory, you can pull more than one material out at the same time to move to your inventory.

Edited by JainiaDral

I haven't touched on story because, TBH, I haven't found much of it since KOTET to be enjoyable or engaging. I'm subbing for the moment and enjoying the vanilla stories up through Ziost on a few toons until I'm sick of them, then I think I'm going to say a quiet permanent goodbye to the game.

I don't like where the story's headed. At all. The new additions were either a) dull as dishwater-- Pub or b) entertaining but soul-destroying--Empire. If I could head-canon any of my toons into either side after all of their experiences, I might have a different opinion. I can't, though. The story definitely hit me in the feels, but not in the right way. I feel actively repulsed from Empire side on both Ossus and in Onslaught and bored as a Pub. The thought of running them even space-barred makes me shudder like I'm being forced to touch slime mold. Bllllluuuuuughhhh.

Edited by JainiaDral

I haven't touched on story because, TBH, I haven't found much of it since KOTET to be enjoyable or engaging. I'm subbing for the moment and enjoying the vanilla stories up through Ziost on a few toons until I'm sick of them, then I think I'm going to say a quiet permanent goodbye to the game.

I don't like where the story's headed. At all. The new additions were either a) dull as dishwater-- Pub or b) entertaining but soul-destroying--Empire. If I could head-canon any of my toons into either side after all of their experiences, I might have a different opinion. I can't, though. The story definitely hit me in the feels, but not in the right way. I feel actively repulsed from Empire side on both Ossus and in Onslaught and bored as a Pub. The thought of running them even space-barred makes me shudder like I'm being forced to touch slime mold. Bllllluuuuuughhhh.

The Empire is supposed to be bad, the Republic is supposed to be good. This duality has been at the core of every Star Wars story we have known, just with different factions, groups or people. When playing the Empire, you're supposed to feel bad for being the bad guy. If we'd feel like the good guys while playing a Sith, then there would be something seriously wrong with the story in my opinion, why is part of the reason why I hate KotFE and KotET so much, my Imperial and Sith characters were starting to feel as the good guys.

I personally really like where the story is heading, as it's heading back to the class story feel and narrative of Empire vs Republic. Yes, the new story updates may be brief, but I'll gladly trade in length if we get two stories in return for it. The one-size-fits-all story approach from KotFEET was driving me crazy and severely hampered my liking of the game.

Don't give up on the game just yet, try the story out and view it differently. Maybe try approaching it from the perspective that you're supposed to be the bad guys while playing the Empire and relish in it for as long as it lasts. Because likely you're not an evil, Sith-type of person in real life, so enjoy pretending you're one for just a moment when playing the story :p It can be quite fun and it's why I love the Sith Empire so much! As to the Republic, maybe look at it more that being a Jedi, kind and helpful is more in line with your own nature. Of course, you don't have to do any of this, but I'm just trying to show you a different perspective and hopefully change your opinion on the story :)

Maybe try approaching it from the perspective that you're supposed to be the bad guys while playing the Empire and relish in it for as long as it lasts.

I've just finished the story with my 1st imperial character, and clearly the only thing that helped me get through this was the fact my toon was a saboteur.

And i actually don't like being a saboteur, i really wish my characters could openly fight against the Empire as none of my mains are psychopathic murderers who kill just for fun, they clearly can't support the Empire, and after everything that happened to them in their class stories, they have no reason to want to do that, but the saboteur path, just doesn't suit most of them :(

Adding to that, that playing a pub loyalist and an imp saboteur have pretty much completely different outcomes doesn't help.

I find it particularly annoying that for instance Gnost-Dural is free and well for my pub loyalist while he's either dead or captive for my imp saboteur. Makes it completly impossible to try to have a coherent story with my main as the pub loyalist and another character as an imp saboteur sharing the same universe, which was still doable untill Ossus...

Well, at least i enjoyed the pub loyalist story with my main.

Edited by Goreshaga

I've just finished the story with my 1st imperial character, and clearly the only thing that helped me get through this was the fact my toon was a saboteur.

And i actually don't like being a saboteur, i really wish my characters could openly fight against the Empire as none of my mains are psychopathic murderers who kill just for fun, they clearly can't support the Empire, and after everything that happened to them in their class stories, they have no reason to want to do that, but the saboteur path, just doesn't suit most of them :(

Adding to that, that playing a pub loyalist and an imp saboteur have pretty much completely different outcomes doesn't help.

I find it particularly annoying that for instance Gnost-Dural is free and well for my pub loyalist while he's either dead or captive for my imp saboteur. Makes it completly impossible to try to have a coherent story with my main as the pub loyalist and another character as an imp saboteur sharing the same universe, which was still doable untill Ossus...

Well, at least i enjoyed the pu loyalist story with my main.

Well, to each their own, I guess! I couldn't bring myself to be saboteur on the Empire as I love it too much to betray it on any of my Imp toons. But Republic saboteur is fun, I admit, making sure the Empire gains the upper hand in the war :p it's why I am glad we got the choice to pick how we want to go about it. And don't worry, I am convinced they're going to make a really nice resolution to the Saboteur arc where you'll defect to the other faction or be able to fight openly against your original faction as the alliance. The story just needs time to develop to be believable :)

The Empire is supposed to be bad, the Republic is supposed to be good. This duality has been at the core of every Star Wars story we have known, just with different factions, groups or people. When playing the Empire, you're supposed to feel bad for being the bad guy. If we'd feel like the good guys while playing a Sith, then there would be something seriously wrong with the story in my opinion, why is part of the reason why I hate KotFE and KotET so much, my Imperial and Sith characters were starting to feel as the good guys.

I personally really like where the story is heading, as it's heading back to the class story feel and narrative of Empire vs Republic. Yes, the new story updates may be brief, but I'll gladly trade in length if we get two stories in return for it. The one-size-fits-all story approach from KotFEET was driving me crazy and severely hampered my liking of the game.

Don't give up on the game just yet, try the story out and view it differently. Maybe try approaching it from the perspective that you're supposed to be the bad guys while playing the Empire and relish in it for as long as it lasts. Because likely you're not an evil, Sith-type of person in real life, so enjoy pretending you're one for just a moment when playing the story :p It can be quite fun and it's why I love the Sith Empire so much! As to the Republic, maybe look at it more that being a Jedi, kind and helpful is more in line with your own nature. Of course, you don't have to do any of this, but I'm just trying to show you a different perspective and hopefully change your opinion on the story :)

You know, as someone living in a real-life Empire right now and seeing everything that was built up over centuries of popular struggle get dismantled by a reality TV show wrecking ball, that type of story really holds no appeal to me at all. I'm repulsed enough by reality :D

Anyway, I fundamentally disagree with you that the Empire is evil and the Republic is good. From a stated values standpoint, that might be true. But as you delve into the class stories, you see that there are all kinds of evils and goods and just normal, everyday people trying to survive in both societies. They have their overclasses, middle classes, underclasses just like Zakuul did. They're all, at their core, civilizations struggling to survive and thrive. Planetary story arcs, main storylines, and lots of sidequests built up this view with all kinds of subtleties and variations through all of the strata of Empire and Republic societies. You as a player could choose what to focus on in your worldview of the SWTOR universe.

That's not the case now. I loathe dichotomous thinking. Nothing is ever pure black or pure white. And both sets of leaders from KOTET onward behave exactly the same way. Heck, they were the same leader on Iokath :D Not to mention, the whole resource plot point has been lost to warmongering bullhockey. These stories are sort of a view of the top echelons of both societies, and, TBH, they both are uninteresting and kind of suck as a result. The fun part of the class stories has always been experiencing the cross-section of these civilizations, not just the boring leadership. The difference now is that the Empire is the supreme wrecking-ball of progress while the Pubs are trying to preserve what they've built. But both are doing it by slobbering like war dogs over scraps.

Not my cup of tea at all, sadly.

Edited by JainiaDral

You know, as someone living in a real-life Empire right now and seeing everything that was built up over centuries of popular struggle get dismantled by a reality TV show wrecking ball, that type of story really holds no appeal to me at all. I'm repulsed enough by reality :D

Anyway, I fundamentally disagree with you that the Empire is evil and the Republic is good. From a stated values standpoint, that might be true. But as you delve into the class stories, you see that there are all kinds of evils and goods and just normal, everyday people trying to survive in both societies. They have their overclasses, middle classes, underclasses just like Zakuul did. They're all, at their core, civilizations struggling to survive and thrive. Planetary story arcs, main storylines, and lots of sidequests built up this view with all kinds of subtleties and variations through all of the strata of Empire and Republic societies. You as a player could choose what to focus on in your worldview of the SWTOR universe.

That's not the case now. I loathe dichotomous thinking. Nothing is ever pure black or pure white. And both sets of leaders from KOTET onward behave exactly the same way. Heck, they were the same leader on Iokath :D Not to mention, the whole resource plot point has been lost to warmongering bullhockey. These stories are sort of a view of the top echelons of both societies, and, TBH, they both are uninteresting and kind of suck as a result. The fun part of the class stories has always been experiencing the cross-section of these civilizations, not just the boring leadership. The difference now is that the Empire is the supreme wrecking-ball of progress while the Pubs are trying to preserve what they've built. But both are doing it by slobbering like war dogs over scraps.

Not my cup of tea at all, sadly.

To each their own of course and I agree with you that there are varying levels of evil and good in both factions, that's entirely true. And of course, you're also correct in that there's always varying shades of grey between the black and white. However, the core thought of the Republic vs Empire, Jedi vs Sith story is the fight of good against evil, that's always been the core of every Star Wars story. First it was Empire vs Rebellion, then Republic vs CIS, then New Order vs Resistance. The duality of Light vs Dark is simply what the Star Wars universe was built upon, BUT, that is why it's nice that stories like SWTOR's class stories zoom in on the individual parts and pieces of each, showing that not all of the Republic is unquestionably good and not all of the Empire is inherently evil. In my opinion, the new story content beginning from Ossus handles that incredibly well and I really get a lot of vanilla game SWTOR vibes. The class stories are without a doubt the best story content in this game, so I am happy to see that narrative quality to be returning in the new story content. But of course, experiences differ and you may view the story otherwise. I can only hope that future story content will be more to your liking :)

If Keith spent 1/10th as much time ACTUALLY LISTENING to players as he does bragging about what he has achieved as a player we might start getting somewhere.

Keith is using this game as vehicle for his own Player-Ego.

I believe you grossly mistake why Keith said what he said, the way he did. I see your point, it can come across as bragging about what he has already achieved. However, this has not been his intent. For years players have been saying that the devs have no idea what actually playing the game means or that they are disconnected from the playerbase by not playing the game. I myself have seen the often ludicrious line of thinking expressed of "the devs don't even play the game", which is just silly thinking if you ask me. Thus, what Keith tried to do here - and may not have entirely succeeded in it - was trying to show that the devs do play their own game and that they understand their own mechanics they have put into the game. That said, I agree that the tone of that part of Keith's message can come across as showing off what he has already achieved and how fast he did. Yet, the fact that you are inclined to believe that as the more likely explanation for the tone of his message or the intent of it, suggests to me that you may hold Keith and the devs in too negative a light. This is your right of course and over the course of years, I think it is a side-effect of low levels of meaningful communication. But what I am trying to say by pointing this out to you, is to not let your anger or frustration cloud everything.

The fact is, we did get a meaningful piece of communication from Keith, as he informed us what is going to happen until the end of the year and what they'll be trying to fix before the Christmas holidays. Disregarding that is unfair, because we got what we wanted: information on where things stand and which direction they'll be heading. So I can also understand the position the devs are in, because when they don't give information, they get hate. But when they do give information, they also get hate for giving information. You see the problem here, I hope? It almost comes across as if the devs won't be able to please the playerbase no matter what they do and that part might not be entirely the fault of a lack of communication on part of the devs (although it is a factor nonetheless), but I believe it is also part of an inherent hostility and negativity on part of the playerbase that may not entirely be justified, in my opinion.

Naturally, I could be wrong as to this, but I do feel that the playerbase can be unreasonable at times in their attitude towards the devs. Of course, criticism has to be given when its due, for example, the crafting system that was introduced in Onslaught deserves all criticism it can get because it's plain bad. Yet, the fact that Keith has communicated to us, especially with the amount of information that he conveyed to us, shouldn't be getting this amount of hostility and negativity. Yes, the devs need to communicate more than they do, you're absolutely right in that. But then, I'd say we need to appreciate the moments when they do communicate even more and not throw heaps of hate, hostility and negativity on them like is happenig now. Note that by "hate, hostility and negativity" I explicitly and solely mean the insults, hate and toxic attitudes that have been expressed in this thread and others, not any form of criticism supported by reasonable argumentation, clear examples and constructive criticism to help the game improve and perform better.

Edited by Ylliarus

Actually, in my experience "most" of the people I know in game just stopped engaging with this PoS and went and played something else.

Rewarding Bioware by being stupid enough to play this Gear-Grind will just encourage them to do it again.

Well done for ruining the game even more than it already was.

All The Best

So says a player that's still subbing! Also maybe as a very negative player you just play with players just as negative. Like minded players tend to find each other.

There are some things with 6.0 I don't like and have said so, I agree some bugs that seem to never go away really is not good and yes BW should do better in areas like that. Gearing is not an issue for me and for what I play most bugs are not either, but still think for players it does affect its not really expectable more so if you pay to play as a sub. Most positive players like myself still have issues with the game and how BW run it, we just don't cling on to the negative areas to the point it ruins our enjoyment of the game. I mean really why are you still here if you think it's so bad? You know full well by now it's not going to change. That's a question many players like you and DarthSpuds should think about. Why are you still playing if the game is so bad? As for DarthSpuds question of why aren't BW listening! really means why aren't BW listening to me! Maybe because not everyone wants what you want.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

But when they do give information, they also get hate for giving information. You see the problem here, I hope?.

Yes, I see the problem, do you?

The reason the Devs still "get hate" when they do deign to lower themselves to communicate with us is that 95% of the time that communication demonstrates, beyond any shadow of doubt, that they have not listened to us at all.

Take Keith's comments on Crafting.

Crafting changes – it begins! Yes, we’re taking a hard look at crafting and will make some adjustments starting with this patch.

Some adjustments? What does that even mean? Unless they are rolling back at least 50% of the changes they have just made to Crafting they are not even getting close to making any significant improvement.

In fact the most expeditious way to improve crafting would be to scrap 6.0 Crafting altogether. There is not one single change they made to Crafting is 6.0 that is worthy of remaining in the game.

Don't believe me? Look at Steve's post earlier in the thread: https://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9788720&postcount=71

Bioware have done their usual, dishonest dirty-trick here.

They have broken something 100% so when they rollback on 50% of those changes we'll be expected to thank them for listening to us and only breaking it 50%.

I for one am not stupid enough to fall for that more than once, and Bioware had that one and only chance way back when Command Crates fist dropped.

Anyone still falling for it needs to take a long hard look at themselves in a mirror, and start trying to find some self-respect.

All The Best

So says a player that's still subbing! Also maybe as a very negative player you just play with players just as negative. Like minded players tend to find each other.

There are some things with 6.0 I don't like and have said so, I agree some bugs that seem to never go away really is not good and yes BW should do better in areas like that. Gearing is not an issue for me and for what I play most bugs are not either, but still think for players it does affect its not really expectable more so if you pay to play as a sub. Most positive players like myself still have issues with the game and how BW run it, we just don't cling on to the negative areas to the point it ruins our enjoyment of the game. I mean really why are you still here if you think it's so bad? You know full well by now it's not going to change. That's a question many players like you and DarthSpuds should think about. Why are you still playing if the game is so bad? As for DarthSpuds question of why aren't BW listening! really means why aren't BW listening to me! Maybe because not everyone wants what you want.

1) My sub is cancelled, I am able to log in for as long as there is time remaining on the Sub. I'll exercise my ability to comment on the appalling state of this game for as long as I can.

2) I am not playing the game. Ran my 4 main toons through the new content, saw how grindy and RNG dependent it was, saw how badly broken crafting was, and have not logged in since.

3) It's not about "listening to me" - it's about "listening to players LIKE me" who are leaving the game over where it is heading. This game once had over 100 Servers just in the US, it had a similar amount in Europe and the Rest Of The World. It now has five, TOTAL! How long are you and others like going to keep on pretending that is not a bad sign?

All The Best

To each their own of course and I agree with you that there are varying levels of evil and good in both factions, that's entirely true. And of course, you're also correct in that there's always varying shades of grey between the black and white. However, the core thought of the Republic vs Empire, Jedi vs Sith story is the fight of good against evil, that's always been the core of every Star Wars story. First it was Empire vs Rebellion, then Republic vs CIS, then New Order vs Resistance. The duality of Light vs Dark is simply what the Star Wars universe was built upon, BUT, that is why it's nice that stories like SWTOR's class stories zoom in on the individual parts and pieces of each, showing that not all of the Republic is unquestionably good and not all of the Empire is inherently evil. In my opinion, the new story content beginning from Ossus handles that incredibly well and I really get a lot of vanilla game SWTOR vibes. The class stories are without a doubt the best story content in this game, so I am happy to see that narrative quality to be returning in the new story content. But of course, experiences differ and you may view the story otherwise. I can only hope that future story content will be more to your liking :)

Well, the core thought means very little to me in general. One can say, "Pubs are good and the Imps are bad," based on this central idea. But when that idea isn't actually shown through the story, it ceases to have meaning. Ossus tried to show the Pubs are good and more or less did that. It definitely did show the Imps were bad. Aside from that, everything else followed in the vein of that well known Rush song, "Tell, Don't Show." #sorrynotsorry

I don't think that narrative quality was there at all in what skimpy bits of story we were dealt in Onslaught. And that's the problem. It was all very paint-by-numbers generic. Lots of Iokath and story copy-paste of dialog as a token nod to the class stories. That cheapened class story content to me during Iokath, and it was even worse here. Watching Onderon's rich culture, developed so well in KOTOR 2, get little to no elaboration or development felt insulting. All in all, you can feel Bioware's budget cuts despite some genuinely beautiful and creative world design.

I'm honestly not that hard to please when it comes to story. Make something interesting or entertaining. Give it a little philosophical or cultural depth. Make it adhere to your own world logic. Don't insult your own well-envisioned characters with stupid actions or lame plots. It doesn't have to be Shakespeare or, hell, even KOTOR 1. It just has to have reasonable gameplay (Ossus didn't and the Meridian flashpoint was the most tedious to date), a story that has decent pacing and flow (KOTET overall was pretty okay that way), and respects the story atmosphere you've already established in previous installments. And, most of all, don't disrespect my toon's story arc on a very basic level.

I don't think SWTOR is ever going to meet those standards again. I'm actually okay with that. I just want my personal farewell to be smooth and to give me some good lasting memories.

Edited by JainiaDral

Yes, I see the problem, do you?

The reason the Devs still "get hate" when they do deign to lower themselves to communicate with us is that 95% of the time that communication demonstrates, beyond any shadow of doubt, that they have not listened to us at all.

Take Keith's comments on Crafting.

Some adjustments? What does that even mean? Unless they are rolling back at least 50% of the changes they have just made to Crafting they are not even getting close to making any significant improvement.

In fact the most expeditious way to improve crafting would be to scrap 6.0 Crafting altogether. There is not one single change they made to Crafting is 6.0 that is worthy of remaining in the game.

Don't believe me? Look at Steve's post earlier in the thread: https://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=9788720&postcount=71

Bioware have done their usual, dishonest dirty-trick here.

They have broken something 100% so when they rollback on 50% of those changes we'll be expected to thank them for listening to us and only breaking it 50%.

I for one am not stupid enough to fall for that more than once, and Bioware had that one and only chance way back when Command Crates fist dropped.

Anyone still falling for it needs to take a long hard look at themselves in a mirror, and start trying to find some self-respect.

All The Best

The question I find myself asking is this...

Are Bioware so grossly incompetent as to completely miss the cumulative exponential impacts (all negative to players) from the changes made, whether due to ignorance on the part of the developers or just poor management and resourcing, or are they that calculating in pushing the most absurdly negative changes possible in an effort to distract everyone when they roll back only some small portion?

Either answer isn't good, so it really doesn't matter - evil genius or just plain stupid results in the same thing - a decent but small story release trashed by egregiously bad changes to the parts of the game beyond the story.

Edited by DawnAskham

How do you even get out of bed in the morning.....THE WORLD IS ENDING!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Darklighter

1) My sub is cancelled, I am able to log in for as long as there is time remaining on the Sub. I'll exercise my ability to comment on the appalling state of this game for as long as I can.

2) I am not playing the game. Ran my 4 main toons through the new content, saw how grindy and RNG dependent it was, saw how badly broken crafting was, and have not logged in since.

3) It's not about "listening to me" - it's about "listening to players LIKE me" who are leaving the game over where it is heading. This game once had over 100 Servers just in the US, it had a similar amount in Europe and the Rest Of The World. It now has five, TOTAL! How long are you and others like going to keep on pretending that is not a bad sign?

All The Best

Ok, well, this says it all - you feel jilted, and are determined to try to sink the game as best you can on your way out.

Noted.

Enjoy your time off. If you are taking the game this seriously even as you are quitting it, you may NEED that time away to get a better perspective about life. So you don't like the game. Keith didn't kill your family members or kick your dog. He's not a hardened criminal - he's a game design producer.

So if SWTOR is bringing you to such a vulgar state as you have been these past few weeks, you SHOULD get away and find some sense of peace within yourself. I genuinely hope you do. Because at the end of the day, this is just a video game. There are far more important things in life to get as worked up over as you have about a game.

Edited by ZionHalcyon

The guy brought up the fact that he's unsubbed because someone countered his criticism with a goofy "So says a player that's still subbing!" attempt at a rebuttal.

And attacking his signature tagline? Come on man.

The fact that you and others are resorting to making personal attacks on the guy just makes his criticisms look like they hold more weight.

The last post I wrote in here was heavily critical of 6.0 and I even said I don't mind the heavy criticism. So don't slot me with 'you people'. I know it must seem very baffling to people who think that this is a team sport, white knights versus haters, but I can criticize 6.0 AND I can criticize individuals also criticizing 6.0 who I find deserving of mockery. I know it messes up your shorthand us vs them view of the forum, sorry about that.

I don't mind the criticism, though as I say, the DOOM DOOM DOOM aspect to some of it does get a bit wearying after awhile, but so does the constant cheerleading of Eric's unasked for intern. However, I very much mind the ponderous, self-righteous, attitude of some of you, which is frankly business as usual, not just for 6.0, where you seem to think you're the Thomas Jefferson of video game forum critics protesting the injustice of tyranny without representation.

It would just be swell if all of us dropped the pretence that what we are doing here is giving them 'valuable feedback' or somesuch. BW doesn't care. I've been here since 2.0 and they almost never have. We clutch at the few times they have the way a gambler clutches at his few wins to prove that this time it'll be different. What we are doing here is forum pvp, the last bastion of 'play your own way'. So I'd appreciate if you let me go back to doing that without all the finger wagging of disapproval.

Edited by Ardrossan

The fact that you and others are resorting to making personal attacks on the guy just makes his criticisms look like they hold more weight.

DarthSpuds has ALWAYS been this way, and he has always posted in this style.

People are behaving like a bunch of cupcakes. It's not like he is being critical of anything that is relevant in the big picture. Let's put this in perspective, he is criticizing a game that is played for entertainment, for fun. Judging by comments, I'd thought he was attacking people's mothers or their lifestyles etc., but no... just a game.

I am tired of people speaking for Keith! If I was Keith, I'd be tired of that! Stop trying to convey what Keith means or meant etc. rofl, ridiculous. All that does is shut the door for him to not even respond here.

I hope Keith let's us know what they plan to do with crafting, seeing nothing has been mentioned as to how they plan to "tweak" it.

Crafting needs far more than simple tweaking, however. I never seen a crafting system on a game get gutted in this fashion and left in this kind of state with no mention as to why or what the exact goal was for the changes.

You'd have to assume they decided to make crafting more of a "challenge," but this isn't what has been done. Basic recipes are requiring hard to get crafting mats via conquest... In what world does this make sense?

Who is actually going to use hard-to-get crafting mats to craft vastly inferior gears compared to what they already are able to pick up via common looting in the game?

If the devs want us crafting crappy pieces of low iRated items with hard-to-get mats, the only way it would work is if the gear pieces were rare/unique armor set pieces that people would enjoy using for appearance purposes.

As it stands these new 6.0 recipes create gears with less stats than what we get from common loots, they are not rare or unique items that look neat, and even if they could be useful they require far too many resources to make them. No one is going to craft this stuff!

As it stands these new 6.0 recipes create gears with less stats than what we get from common loots, they are not rare or unique items that look neat, and even if they could be useful they require far too many resources to make them. No one is going to craft this stuff!

Well the new armormech / synthweaving sets at rating 268 give us one set of new appearances that we can't get elsewhere, so that angle is covered (though frankly I wish synthweaving and armormech got two different appearances; the current set is cool, but it's more techy and thus armormech-appropriate; wish we had something more forcey for synth). But I think it would be much better to separate the stat-cost and the looks, to let us craft these appearances as empty shells for a lower materials cost, and also let us advance them to different-looking empty shells via REing, again at a lower cost.

As it stands, I am very interested to advance these current schematics via REing / deconstructing (since they have variations of appearance as they advance through blue and purple), but at the current absurd cost I cannot afford it, especially not with the low % RE chance that becomes as little as 5%. I wasn't able to find out what the gold version looks like even with infinite resources on PTS; I simply ran out of time. In a situation of limited resources in the live game, most of us are not going to throw our credits and materials down the toilet, so in the end these appearances will be the restricted domain of billionaires only (assuming even they are lucky enough to beat the deconstruction lottery). Crafting shouldn't be for a handful of players only, it should be for everyone who wants to craft. So about that part of your post, you are right... almost no one is going to make this stuff, at this price.

Edited by Estelindis

DarthSpuds has ALWAYS been this way, and he has always posted in this style.

People are behaving like a bunch of cupcakes. It's not like he is being critical of anything that is relevant in the big picture. Let's put this in perspective, he is criticizing a game that is played for entertainment, for fun. Judging by comments, I'd thought he was attacking people's mothers or their lifestyles etc., but no... just a game.

I am tired of people speaking for Keith! If I was Keith, I'd be tired of that! Stop trying to convey what Keith means or meant etc. rofl, ridiculous. All that does is shut the door for him to not even respond here.

I hope Keith let's us know what they plan to do with crafting, seeing nothing has been mentioned as to how they plan to "tweak" it.

Crafting needs far more than simple tweaking, however. I never seen a crafting system on a game get gutted in this fashion and left in this kind of state with no mention as to why or what the exact goal was for the changes.

You'd have to assume they decided to make crafting more of a "challenge," but this isn't what has been done. Basic recipes are requiring hard to get crafting mats via conquest... In what world does this make sense?

Who is actually going to use hard-to-get crafting mats to craft vastly inferior gears compared to what they already are able to pick up via common looting in the game?

If the devs want us crafting crappy pieces of low iRated items with hard-to-get mats, the only way it would work is if the gear pieces were rare/unique armor set pieces that people would enjoy using for appearance purposes.

Thing is, Spuds HAS crossed the line. He has begun personally attacking other posters he disagrees with, which is a violation of the forum rules. This can't be written off anymore as just someone passionate in his opinion butting heads with a different opinion.

And keep in mind, I say this AS someone who has been VERY critical of BioWare in the past, AND has left the game before over the direction and stayed away for a year. There are better examples of people who have strong opinions against where bioware is going with the game, like yourself and Trixie, who comport themselves in a far better manner than the "burn it all down, and burn down anyone who disagrees with me" attitude Spuds has.

I'm all right with the heavy criticism, but I gotta say, seeing that tagline 'All the Best' at the end of every post is pretty amusing when the entire rest of the post is DOOM DOOM DOOM GLOOM! Why not just make that line your sig instead of writing it out every time? Or just not use it anymore since it really has nothing to do with your posts anymore?

I may disagree with you, I am certainly in disagreement with Zion on some issues; but that does not mean I wish ill of, or for, either of you.

I am significantly unhappy with the direction the game has taken with 6.0; and the "leadership" decisions that turned it in that direction. But that does not mean I wish ill of, or for, the game or the people who made those decisions.

I would love this game to reach even half of its potential, it it managed even that it could well be right up there with the best of the genre.

I say "All The Best" because I mean it - I do wish all of you "All The Best", I can't conceive of wishing someone I have only interacted with over the internet any ill-will, that just isn't in me.

If I added to my sig it would require no conscious effort from me, and would therefore be meaningless.

For the record, where I am from "All The Best" is something you'd say to a friend, or acquaintance as you were leaving their presence. Something that sort of encapsulates both "goodbye for now" and "take care" at the same time.

All The Best