Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Just realized the best part about tanking in SWTOR!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Just realized the best part about tanking in SWTOR!

Michaelphoenix
01.17.2012 , 01:03 AM | #1
I can watch all the cutscenes for a new instance and people cant do jack about it other than kick me and go back to fleet LF tank for 20 more minutes

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!
Collector's Edition VIP Key Holder (has the joke gotten old yet?)

SootyTX
01.17.2012 , 01:43 AM | #2
This thread just made my day, lol!

Megb
01.17.2012 , 09:51 AM | #3
Please tell us that you haven't unsubbed from WoW and are going back today.

Fizbanic
01.17.2012 , 12:08 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Megb View Post
Nice I got a laugh out of that. Been through them all so I had become the fastest space bar in the West.
ThyBountyHunter Mercenary Bounty Hunter
Conclave Atrum Empire Guild | Conclave Lumen Republic Guild

SootyTX
01.17.2012 , 07:54 PM | #5
OK, so he would like to actually see the story from a new instance the first time he goes through instead of having to spacebar through everything to save a few minutes over the course of the whole event (or risk getting kicked by some mindless super gung-ho group leader), and HE'S the one that needs to go back to WoW?

Right....

Wrathoran
01.17.2012 , 11:32 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by SootyTX View Post
OK, so he would like to actually see the story from a new instance the first time he goes through instead of having to spacebar through everything to save a few minutes over the course of the whole event (or risk getting kicked by some mindless super gung-ho group leader), and HE'S the one that needs to go back to WoW?

Right....
haha good one! i do agree with the OP. I love watching story (if i havent see it yet), the group can wait, they are used to anyway .. you know ... standing around in the fleet for 1hr because they decided to roll a one button dps

Yfelsung
01.18.2012 , 08:58 AM | #7
Welcome to the joy of being a dedicated tank.

"Wait, did the DPS just say something? I had a hard time hearing him over how easily replaceable he is."
MHORDSUNG SOULGRINDER, LEGATUS OF PHOBOS LEGION

At the end of days the dragon stands tall and with limitless rage it illuminates all.

Risingstars
01.18.2012 , 04:27 PM | #8
When it's your first time, say something before going in to the instance. Normally your groupmates are understanding human beings and will allow you to watch the story.

Now if we did this instance 20 times already and you are not pressing the spacebar, then I'm not grouping with you next time.

Megb
01.21.2012 , 08:42 AM | #9
I have no problem waiting for someone to see the cut-scene - I think they are awesome. However, if you are doing it solely to make people angry, then please go back to WoW. That attitude ruined it, and would like to enjoy one game without it, so stick with the one that you've already ruined.

Rankaze
01.21.2012 , 12:10 PM | #10
I have no problem waiting for someone to see the cut-scene - I think they are awesome. However, if you are doing it solely to make people angry, then please go back to WoW. That attitude ruined it, and would like to enjoy one game without it, so stick with the one that you've already ruined.
I didn't get the impression that he was doing it to make people angry. I got the impression that he is watching the cutscenes because he wants to, dislikes being given grief over it, and is enjoying the realization that the rage of those giving him grief is toothless because he is the tank and not easily replaced.

I think this is a pretty common sentiment among tanks who have had to deal with obnoxious dps (and to a lesser extent, obnoxious healers) for years of gaming, and it extends to a lot of things other than cutscenes.

I know in the later days of my time in WoW I ended up reaching the point where I refused to tank for anyone but my guild, a decision which greatly reduced my stress level and brought me back to the point where I could actually enjoy tanking.