Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Talos Drellik question

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Talos Drellik question

Fujah
01.25.2012 , 11:14 PM | #11
When I was 36 I got to use Talos, finished a long quest with him and he was awesome. Elites no problem with my deception build. After the quest though, I don't have him any longer. I guess he was just on loan for a bit ;-). I guess I have to finish out the Hoth quest line. I miss him though..

Rentis
01.25.2012 , 11:32 PM | #12
You get Talos back to finish the Hoth class line.

Ever since I got Talos, I only use him period. Since I am Darkness specced (31/0/10) he heals me while I just dish out the pain.

And for those who say Talos isnt a help you probably dont have all of his abilities on. He has a CC (carbo freeze) and will freeze targets that hurt him while he heals you. I believe he even has a damage ability.

Granted his speech is annoying but I have learned to overlook it since the majority of quests past Hoth involve alot of strong->elite bosses.

And as a Tank/dps, you NEED him for the final class quest at 47-50. Only healers could possibly finish Chapter 3 with another companion (probably Khem). So you better gear him up. Doing so without Talos or Khem is asking for 100 lashes with a morning star. The War Medic set from pvp is an excellent choice and the one I used to get me through the final class quest.
Rentis aka Taiva, CE Owner
= THE FRACTURED FORCE =
Twilight Gamers' SWTOR Dual-Factions Division

[Site] [Forum] [Recruitment] [Empire Guild HQ]

MareLooke
01.26.2012 , 03:50 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Rentis View Post
And as a Tank/dps, you NEED him for the final class quest at 47-50. Only healers could possibly finish Chapter 3 with another companion (probably Khem).
As a dps sorcerer I take offense to that, I finished all class quests just fine with Khem Val. Interrupts and bubble are the name of the game.

I only use Talos now to do heroics when our group doesn't have a healer.
Alanya - Sorcerer [50]

MrCute
01.26.2012 , 08:02 AM | #14
I got Talos at 36. But I still prefer Ashara while I do the tanking. Tanking = means absorb all the damage by making sure all the mobs hit me. I am Deathfield specs so my AoE gets all the attention of the mobs as Ashara rips them all into pieces since I give her gear of the same level as mine. We bring mobs very fast unlike when I am with Talos, it takes forever to kill mobs/group that sometimes it could make me sleep in my keyboard midfight. At least Ashara's glowing sticks keep me entertained. LOL.

LordbishopX
01.26.2012 , 08:35 AM | #15
I use Talos and Ashara its win win not like you can't switch in a blink. Ashara is for trash and strong mobs killing is insanely fast and some elites. Against champs and stronger elites its Talos time. As full deception build doing all the content solo is a blast a bit more challenging than my other classes but hey I love a challenge vs pure easy mode.

last_cowboy
01.26.2012 , 02:01 PM | #16
so talos "useless" outside of killing champion mobs?

Rentis
01.26.2012 , 03:16 PM | #17
Quote:
Some say yes.

I say no. He has his uses. Gear him up and he is just as effective as everyone else.

You can either:

1. Use Ashara/Andro and kill everything and heal the damage at the end
2. Use Talos and move on to the next fight without needing time to heal in between.

Leveling as a tank I loved it once I got Talos. Prior to Talos I used Ashara but then I saw how effective his heals and CC were.

It all depends on who you prefer, but you need to pick one and keep them geared. I do recommend you use Talos to finish Chapter 3 if you are a tank. You don't have the healing capabilities as a tank without him.
Rentis aka Taiva, CE Owner
= THE FRACTURED FORCE =
Twilight Gamers' SWTOR Dual-Factions Division

[Site] [Forum] [Recruitment] [Empire Guild HQ]

LordbishopX
01.26.2012 , 03:22 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by last_cowboy View Post
Not useless just slower really and all it takes is a sec to switch em in out in buy book it keeps it more interesting changing it up. When u have to kill 30 trash mobs it saves a ton of time with Ashara by my side.