Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why are troopers so much better looking than bounty hunters

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Why are troopers so much better looking than bounty hunters

Darkschnyder
01.26.2012 , 12:03 PM | #1
I've got a 42 powertech so I am just starting to get the better looking armor models for bounty hunter but I have a 21 vanguard as well and I gotta say the aesthetics of the trooper are way better, at least in my eyes.

The armor of the trooper, to me, conveys the idea of a efficient killing machine whereas the bounty looks like I either took a bunch of rags and armor plates, slapped it together then called it heavy armor or its the stereotypical mandalorian armor that I've seen a million times and lacks creativity. I could say the same thing for the trooper as well (Shiny white armor with some tactical markings here and there) but the alterations to the armor are done well to the theme of the trooper, I just don't get that feeling with the bounty hunters...

Most people have probably come to terms with bounty hunters using only one or two pistols depending on your advanced class but again I just got a better feel from the trooper class from carrying a rifle instead. Mercenaries can keep their dual pistols that's kind of the class's signature weapon(s) but giving the option for powertechs to use rifles would be great (maybe add different weapon option availability in the legacy system). It's been said a million times but I'll say it again... Boba had a rifle

Blaster rifle > Pistol. End of thread...
May the . be with you

Gunver
01.26.2012 , 12:07 PM | #2
Personally I prefer Bounty Hunter over Trooper because I can't stand the Blaster Rifles. Only reason I stuck to Agent is because the Sniper Rifles look good. Armor wise I'm only level 18 but I'd say if you don't like the Mandalorian armor why play BH, it's kind of one of it's selling points.

Libertine
01.26.2012 , 12:07 PM | #3
troopers are ugly...they look like pigs with their snouty helmet ... Bounty Hunter Armor looks nice if your not wearing that bu*t ugly pvp helmet ...

Dharagada
01.26.2012 , 12:11 PM | #4
Armor to armor I like them both.

But the helmets for the bounty hunter...I think someone was under the influence of something when they designed those.

What the heck is that eliminator helm even suppose to be?

Darkschnyder
01.26.2012 , 01:06 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Libertine View Post
troopers are ugly...they look like pigs with their snouty helmet ... Bounty Hunter Armor looks nice if your not wearing that bu*t ugly pvp helmet ...
Says the man with a trooper avatar
May the . be with you

TemplarAZ
01.26.2012 , 03:04 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Gunver View Post
Personally I prefer Bounty Hunter over Trooper because I can't stand the Blaster Rifles. Only reason I stuck to Agent is because the Sniper Rifles look good. Armor wise I'm only level 18 but I'd say if you don't like the Mandalorian armor why play BH, it's kind of one of it's selling points.
I agree, the Troopers weapons are just silly looking. I will take the BH look over the Troopers any day.
Gladius - 50 Bounty Hunter Mercenary
Perun - 50 Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer