Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Gearing tanking companions for dps?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Gearing tanking companions for dps?

Xanideyn
01.26.2012 , 11:51 AM | #1
Just a quick question. Since Xalek is still bugged (I still love using him) I was tossing around the idea of putting him in mostly DPS gear. I hit 50 a while back but have moved on to alts so I haven't had a lot of time to get max level gear for both me AND Xalek.

I know that it will make put him in the "super" squishy category, but has anyone tried gearing him as dps? Is this viable for him?

Has anyone tried gearing Khem for dps for that matter?

Xanideyn
01.26.2012 , 02:03 PM | #2
Bumping for some love.

cycao
01.26.2012 , 02:11 PM | #3
how is he bugged? im just wondering as i never really use him but now that im getting more pvp gear ive been putting all my hand me downs and duplicate champion pieces on him(which are as of now tanking)

Xanideyn
01.26.2012 , 02:19 PM | #4
If you pull up his character sheet you'll notice that he doesn't seem to benefit from shield rating or absorption. For shield rating, he never has more than the default (25%?). Also when you look at his absorption stat, you can see his rating but the benefit is always listed as 0%.

He does still seem to benefit from defense however.

It may just be that the numbers are not displaying properly, but it seems from what most people say, that this actually does affect his ability to maximize the benefit of tanking stats.

terk-was-here
01.26.2012 , 02:55 PM | #5
I have been gearing Khem as a DPS since I got him. Just activate their non-tank stance and they lose their threat gen and DR bonuses and gain bonuses relating to making things dead.

Works just fine.
The Defector

Caprodas
01.26.2012 , 02:59 PM | #6
I have been using Khem in DPS spec and gear since I got him, turned off his taunt and let him tear it up. I am Darkness spec and it works great.