Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tharandil
07.22.2017 , 08:10 AM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by MotherCrusher View Post
242? really? i actually do just fine in team of augmented 230, no wipes.... now i should be forced to grind even more just to do dailies for MM flashpoints...
rather make it not put you in the toughest flashpoints if you dont have gear for it, as not every single one actually requires that good gear
You're not being forced to anything. Only group finder will take your average armor rating in account. You can still form a group and join the hardier content

Please use my signature link and I'll be grateful!
Use my Referral Link for a Free Bundle and 7 Day Subscription
http://www.swtor.com/r/3yFZKg

Ottoattack
07.22.2017 , 08:19 AM | #202
Quote: Originally Posted by shyroman View Post
So the burst is better but it isn't the burst spec.

If you "interrupt" fury's burst then it's just a bunch of spread out hard hits, that isn't real burst either. Set up is irrelevant because you don't just charge in and kill someone immediately, you wait till you're ready then kill them with the most efficiency. You pvp a lot right? You should know that. Even if the burst gets interrupted in carnage, it still does quite a lot in that first second, almost as much as most burst specs already, and if you do manage to not get interrupted then it easily surpasses all burst specs.

You also have to consider pve as well, where the burst is always uninterrupted, has one of the highest sustained damage in the game and has the best aoe too.
The question is it is only burst vs burst or do you to look into the entire discipline options? Did you factor in that fury has better range options, CC immunity and overall less susceptibility to being kited? This is the exact problem why BW 5.3 class balance changes were epic fail. You cannot measure or change effectiveness only though damage. This is why PT, and sorc dps where obsolete before 5.3 and remained so after 5.3.

Even in PvE you run into several conditions where you will need to move, gap close or so on, where fury will have edge. Fury should not be dealing more damage than carnage, they should be around equal. As for AOE (PvE obviously) fury should have slightly stronger options. BW could also remove the auto Aturo proc from cyclone slash if it is too strong in PvE.

On another note, annihilation is the mara spec with the most need for changes, but of course it is ignored. I guess this is what happens when you make class balance changes based on dps output on a dummy. You produce dummy changes.

Cronjaw
07.22.2017 , 09:52 AM | #203
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hey everyone,

"...we may do something similar for all Master Mode Flashpoints. Specifically, a player will need to have an average gear rating of 242 to use Group Finder. We won’t prevent pre-made groups from going in directly, but this will prevent under-geared players from slowing down your group..."

A 242 requirement will be more detrimental to the average player experience than beneficial. Queue times are already too long for Master Mode Flashpoints (even as a tank) and the rating requirement is not necessary thanks to bolster. All of the current Master Mode Flashpoints can be completed with augmented green 210 level 65 vendor gear. Putting up another wall for alts will just reduce the pool of able players who would otherwise be in the queue. PLEASE forget the idea of requiring a 242 rating wall for existing Master Mode Flashpoints.

foxxycandy
07.22.2017 , 09:56 AM | #204
First off, I'd like to say that the 242 rating is a seriously bad idea. Most people still aren't even close to that rating in gear with the godawful system. All you will do is absolutely murder the queue finder by doing this. Please make it more like 230 or something of that sort.

Second of all, not very happy that there's no fixes in sight for sorcs...

Saito_Hiraga
07.22.2017 , 10:03 AM | #205
[*]Umbara Stronghold – This is the most unique stronghold yet, as you will be able to decorate your own moving train. You’ll need to complete the flashpoint a few times to gain access to the stronghold. Look for more details about the Stronghold in an upcoming post.
HECK YYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS.......!!!!!!!!! <3

Also, Lana, Koth, and Senya’s hairstyles are available for purchase to customize your character.

I just hope Lana's Hairstyle is the SOR version.... IT BETTER BE!!!
--->Huge Stronghold Suggestion Thread (Locations, Decos, features, etc.)<---
--->Repeatable Companion Conversation Instance<---
I would kindly appreciate your support if you click on my Referal Link. You'll also be rewarded with 7 days of sub.

DarthSpuds
07.22.2017 , 10:11 AM | #206
Quote: Originally Posted by Zhedzaban View Post
Very surprised another stronghold is being released so soon, this is great
Well that depends.

If it as good quality as Yavin then yes it is great.

If it as shockingly bad as Manaan it will kill the SH / Decorator demographic entirely.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Jedi_riches
07.22.2017 , 10:23 AM | #207
[*]Umbara Stronghold – This is the most unique stronghold yet, as you will be able to decorate your own moving train. You’ll need to complete the flashpoint a few times to gain access to the stronghold. Look for more details about the Stronghold in an upcoming post.

I hope you or Eric would be so kind to confirm that players will be able to unlock the stronghold using story mode only and that it won't need master modes done to unlock.
How PvP balance is achieved - Bioware please nerf paper its OP, scissors are fine as they are.
Regards,
Rock

DarthSpuds
07.22.2017 , 10:26 AM | #208
Quote: Originally Posted by Jedi_riches View Post
I hope you or Eric would be so kind to confirm that players will be able to unlock the stronghold using story mode only and that it won't need master modes done to unlock.
This is about adding another faux payoff to allow them to keep extending the grind.

Of course it will need MM, and I'll bet it will need more than one completion on Master Mode as well.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?
Sub Expires@ 24/05/2018
If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Master_Morak
07.22.2017 , 10:47 AM | #209
[LIST][*]Umbara Stronghold – This is the most unique stronghold yet, as you will be able to decorate your own moving train. You’ll need to complete the flashpoint a few times to gain access to the stronghold. Look for more details about the Stronghold in an upcoming post.[LIST]
For Access to the stronghold, I should go to sucking Flashpoints? - Really? I can't believe, that you really gate a stronghold after Flashpoints, what a stupid and crazy idea.
I hope there a a Solomode for that.
Möge die Macht mit Euch sein

Foambreaker
07.22.2017 , 11:01 AM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by MotherCrusher View Post
242? really? i actually do just fine in team of augmented 230, no wipes.... now i should be forced to grind even more just to do dailies for MM flashpoints...
rather make it not put you in the toughest flashpoints if you dont have gear for it, as not every single one actually requires that good gear
It is pretty clueless.

If you have all 242 then you can do HM OPs.

These guys really not only do not play SW, it is pretty obvious they have no real MMO experience.

Terribads.