Paid Character Transfers now plz!

Liamnerek

The new race to get augment slots has really increased my desire to get all my 50's on the same server due to crafting issues. I leveled 2 50's (with highly desirable crafting skills) and a few other toons about half way when I finally found that some friends from and old guild in another game had been playing on another server. Since there were more of them there, I leveled another of my favorite class to 50. Then transfers were announced and of course with the origin/destination route given, my old characters are still stuck on what is now an empty server. I would GLADLY pay to get them to where I am now. Now that the server population has been moved to a smaller server base, please let the paid transfer service begin. It's a revenue stream and customer service issue that Bioware should not take for granted.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be here by now, at least in my honest opinion. My guess is, they are holding it back for a very good reason - whether they are correct or not is another thing.

sick of things getting pushed back, they already pushed back ranked warzones into 1.3. Don't get all defensive now I'm cancelling and coming back until the game is in good condition to feel massive.

The free ones really need to settle down first.

Settle down? It's been two weeks. Pretty much everybody that's gonna transfer has transferred.

This stuff needs to get moving. I am tired of waiting. I was waiting for months, only to be told that my two main characters are my only characters not able to be transferred, because I happened to roll them on a separate server, and decided to consolidate now. I'm being held back from raiding because of this.

Edited by E-Zekiel

+1

I re-rolled with some friends on another server cause the one I was on was dead. Now I'm leveling a toon with no benefit of legacy, no money, no legacy XP from leveling. The infrastructure is there for paid transfers, why aren't these here?

There likely aren't going to be a lot of people wanting to pay, so it's not like they need to "prepare" for this. BW just lacks the skill to run an MMO.

Let people settle in and see if they like those servers first. Then offer up the paid ones.

Took me less than 5 mins to figure out my new server was full of wow kids and not a really good place to be...

For god's sake let me escape this insane asylum ...

Settle down? It's been two weeks. Pretty much everybody that's gonna transfer has transferred.

This stuff needs to get moving. I am tired of waiting. I was waiting for months, only to be told that my two main characters are my only characters not able to be transferred, because I happened to roll them on a separate server, and decided to consolidate now. I'm being held back from raiding because of this.

I highly doubt you are being held back from raiding because you have 2 50's on another server. If you are being held back because your friends/guild are min/max'ers and require all gear to be augmented, that has nothing to do with your 50's on another server. Before you start complaining that you NEED those 50's for their crafting skills, I'm betting that you had plenty of time and opportunity on your current server to level toons with those same crafting skills. If you are going to complain about a lack of credits to purchase augment kits/augments, it's not like BW dropped this on you last minute. There has been plenty of time and ample opportunity to farm credits in order to be in a better position, financially.

TLDR: I'm betting it has more to do with a lack of effort on your part than a lack of paid transfer's on BW's.

It should have free transfer all the time. You could transfer free once each 15 days or a month. And you think it's weird and no company do that?

It isnt true, rift you can free transfer once a week.

I think before offering paid transfers.. BIOWARE needs to display a more accurate POP number for each server..

Why? Last thing i want to see is ppl complaining they (paid) transferred to another dead server or to another over populated one..

Edited by ThroneOfOP

Guys they totally borked the free transfers. To over populated now. Why would you pay to move only to have to wait in a Que to get into the game.

"Settle In" I hope that means large group of peeps quit so the server will be more stable:rak_03:

With respect, I don't see why they would. We know this is going to end with a lot of servers being fully merged. Why would they let people pay to go where they want, only to have them kvetch about being merged later, to possibly where they didn't want to go?

Not offering them makes total sense at this specific point in time. Figure a couple months after they finally announce what servers are shutting down. Only then can the give you a menu of what places you could go to. And in truth, that is only fair to those of us that accepted the writing on the wall and bailed on the "origin" servers.

Not true. I just recently had transferred after re-subbing. If they stopped the transfer a week before I came back. I came back on Tuesday. Then I would have been lost. BTW my old server had maybe ONE person or three on Imperial fleet.

My new server is always heavy. A big improvement.

Took me less than 5 mins to figure out my new server was full of wow kids and not a really good place to be...

No difference in " wow kids " then in " Swtor kids " It's the internet their all the same!

Every server has them.

But just because you made a quick decision doesn't mean it's the best choice for them to immediately jump into paid transfers.

I'm amazed you guys are so willing.. no, eager to throw more money at BioWare for a service that hasn't run it's full course yet. All they've done so far is overpopulate a few, select servers for free. I'm still waiting for the chance to consolidate my characters and finally end up on the same server as friends from other games for free. This issue was due to the ill-advised way BioWare handled the servers at launch. Maybe once that is corrected a paid system would make sense. Before then, we really need the opportunity to resolve this on-going, known issue.

After all I've paid so far (and continue to pay) there is no way I'm going to pay extra money for that resolution.

You shouldn't either.

Once that issue is resolved, BioWare, make 'em pay. Not before.

Edited by InnerPieces

I highly doubt you are being held back from raiding because you have 2 50's on another server. If you are being held back because your friends/guild are min/max'ers and require all gear to be augmented, that has nothing to do with your 50's on another server. Before you start complaining that you NEED those 50's for their crafting skills, I'm betting that you had plenty of time and opportunity on your current server to level toons with those same crafting skills. If you are going to complain about a lack of credits to purchase augment kits/augments, it's not like BW dropped this on you last minute. There has been plenty of time and ample opportunity to farm credits in order to be in a better position, financially.

TLDR: I'm betting it has more to do with a lack of effort on your part than a lack of paid transfer's on BW's.

Yes, because it's reasonable to expect someone to level the exact same character, exact same spec, and be the same in every regard, get a full set of PVP/raid gear again. Totally reasonable.

No, this is on BW's part. A person should not be expected to play the exact same experience multiple times.

Edited by E-Zekiel

It would be nice if they allowed limited free transfers to any destination server once the targeted free transfer period is over. By "limited," I mean "one free transfer per character". That way people could consolidate their legacies, play with friends, or move to a server where their character names aren't taken. It would probably address the concerns of most of the people who haven't moved yet as well as those not happy on their destination server.

After that, paid transfers and free promotional transfers as usual.

I'm patiently waiting for the dust to settle on free servers. I started on a PVP server with friends, who quit. Rerolled on a PVE server with West Coast friends, who quit. No I"m rocking a sweet daytime raiding guild and would love to have my Jugg and Marauder join my sorcerer and BH. I would be willing to pay for it if it isn't offered for free, but one free xfer would be very nice of Bioware. It would fix mistakes like these.

You know, they should do free transfers from any server to any server you already have a level 50 on. This would settle the population "problems" that might be created with a go anywhere system, because you're either transferring alts or creating one (the one already there). It would also make a lot of us happy. Paid service for anything else would be ok.

I just want to be able to leave my current server from The Shawdowlands (PVE EAST) to The Bastion (PVP WEST). I live on the west coast and I started with friends who played on the east coast. They have since moved on or got bored with the game. I still have one friend who i still play with who i know irl. We both want to move from the server. We even rolled on the new server we want to play on, but it sucks that we have to create new toons while we wait to transfer over. I want some type of transfer that will allow me and my friend to transfer to a server of our choosing. BIOWARE PLEASE let us pick our server type and location.

This is frustrating that we can't move our toons from east to west and different server types. I don't want to be trapped on a server that I no longer have a guild or people i can play with. A paid transfer is probably in the works for this issue but honestly a 1 time move for my toon would be awesome. I already have my legacy established which can be transferred to the new server.

Edited by sith_broken