The shrouds last stand should be allowed to do solo

Ashlockheart

I just got done doing all of the missions, and now I am stuck on the shrouds last stand. When I googled the Mission everyone has said it needs 4 people to open the door. Well I have to abandon that mission after all that work soloing just to realize I need 4 people to open a door. I was only doing the missions because I have never done them before, and I like seeing more story's, but I can't, and that just hurts my emotions so much because of all that hard work I did. Please make it so missions can be done solo if the player wants to. I don't mind if the solo version gives nothing for gear, and the group version gives better items, I just want to see all missions for the story.

It sucks when missions are limited to being in a group over just soloing.

• 2 months later...
There's a thread based partially on that idea (though expanded to include other H4+) over here;

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9815637

Have to warn you, though, the idea seems to be a powder keg...

there's been other threads too since the H4's were turned to H2's, and the section x had the need for multiple people removed. I think the shroud is the only one that actually needs four these days. It's probably about time they changed it

I wouldn't mind needing a group IF it wouldn't lock out people not on the same mission.

(Some people say they can get in with people who completed the mission series, too.)

Let us tackle the mission with anyone, please!

• 2 months later...
its honestly super annoying that in 2020 old content isn't soloable yet. Maybe some day....probably not. Oh well, on to another quest i suppose

It is all 'soloable', in the sense that one person can do it, what makes the shroud unique is that the puzzle at the end of the last mission requires 4 people to click a button :( This is why that particular mission is such a pain to finish :(

• 1 month later...
Even high-tier group content like Master mode Operations??? SteveTheCynic is :confused:confused:confused:.

Hey, if someone's crazy enough to try a Master (or Nightmare) mode op solo...

*Shrugs*

If that someone also happens to be able to pull out a win...

:eek:

There are other missions in the seeker droid / Macrobinocular stories that scale based on group size. Removing the group checkpoints and scaling the final Shroud mission would be a welcome addition for those that like to do that stuff on alts.

One of the devs hinted about getting this done years ago, but it has been forgotten since.

There are other missions in the seeker droid / Macrobinocular stories that scale based on group size. Removing the group checkpoints and scaling the final Shroud mission would be a welcome addition for those that like to do that stuff on alts.

One of the devs hinted about getting this done years ago, but it has been forgotten since.

The penultimate macrobinocular mission, the final macrobinocular mission, and the final seeker droid mission all need addressing to make them more solo friendly. Actually, in the case of the penultimate macrobinocular mission, which is solo-able but but has become more difficult since 6.0, it needs a little work to make it more group friendly as unless all group members are on exactly the same stage of the mission they can not come in and help you. Ideally they should tone down the trash and various encounters so a solo player can complete it reliably. The final macrobinocular mission needs a lot of work to make it solo friendly; from trash density and difficulty to a complete redesign of the puzzles that force a four person group, which have a tendency to bug out for people in there who are not on the mission (and good luck finding three other people who are on the mission to do it with you). The final seeker droid mission only needs minor adjustments to the three main encounters and a little adjustment to the trash fights. Give a little more time to run power cores, adjust the debuff system to the first boss so it does not target comps and lengthen the time between the healing channel so a solo player is able to reliably interrupt it, and shorten the channel for the seeker droid in the final fight so one has a chance to complete the channel before being pulled by the boss.

These three missions could really use some attention, BW, as, as they are now, they are quite difficult to get done and finish the macrobinocular and seeker droid mission chains. Please address this.

• 4 months later...
It is all 'soloable', in the sense that one person can do it, what makes the shroud unique is that the puzzle at the end of the last mission requires 4 people to click a button :( This is why that particular mission is such a pain to finish :(

Greetings from January 2021.

Just the same. After I killed Maki'voro in SOLO. And now this freeking 4 buttons...

Such an annoying slap in the face... >:-(

• Like 1

Greetings from January 2021.

Just the same. After I killed Maki'voro in SOLO. And now this freeking 4 buttons...

Such an annoying slap in the face... >:-(

yup, a lot of people get stuck on that part. You can invite people who haven't gotten as far as you, but there's a chance it can glitch. Thankfully I had a very nice forum user help me with the nar shadda mission, because of the jumping, couldn't get past that point. Took a while but I eventually got people to help with the last mission, as none of them were on the mission, or close to where I was, we worried about the glitch, but thankfully it didn't.

Try to get some guildies to help, or ask in fleet. if you get two others, and are looking for one, drop me a pm, and I'll try to get on.

• 8 months later...
I feel disappointed, frustrated, for having gone through everything I've been through, solving several putzlers, jumping from car to car, often going back to the beginning, so now I can't finish the story, which should be for premium players. But even paying and being premium, I won't be able to finish the story, because in the last mission more than one player is needed to open the damn door! I'm terrible, very angry. If you do not want to let a player make a solo mission, why not put a warning before every story should be played in a group? Get to the end after all and could not finish the story is frustrating. Please fix this Bioware, like me many players like to play the game solo, to pay more attention to the story or simply because they like to make their game, with no one to curse you for not being a master of SWTOR and end be ejected from the group. Fix this quest, let the solo players finish the stories. Leave options to your players to play solo or in a group. Do not try to force a solo player to work together, because it will certainly disrupt the masters of the group unwittingly only for doing your game and in the end, will be a very bad mood for everyone. Edited by Lord_Arawn

Even better. Put this in Group Finder!

I like that these questlines are puzzle and exploration oriented, and that some require multiple people. Who am I kidding? I LOVE that they have puzzles and make you explore planets :)

Also, can we get more like this. Please? This is easily some of the best content that the game has to offer.

make all content soloable. i prefer working alone-less waiting.

I mean I have NO PROBLEM with content that requires 4 PEOPLE.

I just wished they would EXPAND the # of OPERATIONS, and other CONTENT that could be joined via a QUEUE! Then at least if you wanted to do something you have a system, to at least help you find others who want to do it!

:cool:

We need a proper LFG system so players can find each other to group for ALL content and activities.

Yea I mean that is my thought as well, when I saw the post on the earlier page. :)

Edited by Strathkin
Grammar

• 3 weeks later...

I solod everything but got pissed on the shrouds last stand 3 yrs ago i comeback a month ago make a brand new account remember loving this quest series but getting stuck but not why i got stuck and do it all again come back to get stuck at the same damn part read more threads and F*********!!!!!!!!! gosh damn bioware fix this already especially since now i feel like they arethe shroud and just laughing at us cuz as you enter the rinky dink slum before the real base he says YOU WONT GET FAR and now i feel like the devs aka the shroud are just laughing at me in spinny chairs

~PLZ FIX

Just wanted to pile on and say how frustrating it is to get all the way to the end only to be stopped by a puzzle requiring 4 people. I get them wanting players to work together, but not on older content where it's hard to find people to help. Please make it solo-able!

• 1 month later...
Same as above. I did this entire quest solo only to be blocked off by a 4 person puzzle at the very end. Don't get me wrong I like playing with other people as much as the next guy but, this content is old and its hard to find another person let alone another 3 people to help you finish this quest. A simple solution would be to just remove the timer on the buttons allowing for the puzzle to be solo able.

Don't get me wrong I like playing with other people as much as the next guy but, this content is old and its hard to find another person let alone another 3 people to help you finish this quest.

I've done the shroud twice in the last year simply by joining groups formed by others (full disclosure: Guildies).

Yes, it can take a bit of effort and time to get a group together, but it can be done if you really try. You might actually have to plan in advance and schedule a time (*shock*horror*) much like doing an OP. 😮

I don't know why, but I had the sudden thought that, if BW were to somehow add 'Shroud's Last Stand' to the GF, there would be those who wouldn't know whether to complain about the four buttons blocking solo completion or trying to complete it with a randomised group...

Just... like I said, random thought that popped into my head...