Possible DC Fix

Dranthe

I've been hearing a lot about people getting DCed and then having to wait in the server queue again. After having this happen a few times myself with all of them 10-25 min queues I was... frustrated to say the least.

Here's my idea. If a person is connected to the server and then disconnects they get an arbitrary amount of time for a grace period, say two minutes. If they try to reconnect to the server within those two minutes they are bumped to the front of the queue. It hardly seems fair for somebody who already waited through the queue to have to do it again if they DC 30 seconds after they log on.

I know there's a lot of 'what ifs' and other considerations but I think the main idea would work. Also, did they get rid of the suggestions forum? If not I would appreciate if this was moved there. Thanks!

Edit: I know there's a thread about the server queues already but that thread is so long anything anybody says is buried instantly.

Edited by Dranthe

Good Afternoon Dranthe;

We ask that topics posted in Star Wars General Discussion stay focused on the Star Wars™ franchise outside of The Old Republic™. Since this thread is off-topic, we're going to close it. If you wish to discuss Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, please use the General Discussion forum.

We understand that server queues are a hot topic of discussion on the forums and that it can be a source of frustrations. We are aware of the disconnect issues and our teams are monitoring the situation. Currently there is a thread discussing this topic, located here: Server Queue after Disconnect. We will now be closing this thread to keep the forums better organized.

Thank you for understanding.