Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

5.6 - Precision Nerf - Feedback

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sentinel / Marauder
5.6 - Precision Nerf - Feedback

supertimtaf's Avatar


supertimtaf
10.30.2017 , 03:08 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by yellow_ View Post
please just revert the change

if not:
1) ataru form hits from ferocity boosted abilities should also get the armor pen
2) sweeping slash and ravage should also be boostable
3) either you should just get 3 stacks for each ferocity for activating the ability during beserk should grant 3
Yeah, that's what should be done imo.
Making Ferocity give 100% armor pen. as long as there is still an active stack, adding Sweeping Slash and Ravage is a must, as those are very important for Carnage and adding an extra ferocity stack while under berserk would only make sense, this spec was all about alacrity, removing it now would be stupid and bad game design, along with a bigger dps loss than intended imo
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

FlyXan's Avatar


FlyXan
10.30.2017 , 03:45 AM | #22
You all realise that Combat is supposed to have lower sustained dps than both Watchman and Concentration, right? With the current Precision window it's not the case and tbh I'm not surprised that BW decided to make this change, neither should any of you.
I'm personally only surprised by Concentration not getting a dps decrease.

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
10.30.2017 , 04:15 AM | #23
I am glad about this change, I was never able to use the art of "clipping" and enver understood why you had to undergo such a process to get high numbers with this spec. Now its "as its supposed to be" and I like it that way to be honest!
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

supertimtaf's Avatar


supertimtaf
10.30.2017 , 04:18 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
I am glad about this change, I was never able to use the art of "clipping" and enver understood why you had to undergo such a process to get high numbers with this spec. Now its "as its supposed to be" and I like it that way to be honest!
On this point I agree, now it works as intended. Still, the problem is more the 2 stack instead of three. Carnage was always a spec about alacrity, dealing damage as much as possible. Berserk allowed you to fit three ability into Ferocity with ease, without clipping. With only two stack even under berserk, the spec lose all of its appeal. What's the point of stacking alacrity then ? What's the point of using Berserk to burst ? :/
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

mrwayn's Avatar


mrwayn
10.30.2017 , 04:23 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by supertimtaf View Post
Yeah, that's what should be done imo.
Making Ferocity give 100% armor pen. as long as there is still an active stack, adding Sweeping Slash and Ravage is a must, as those are very important for Carnage and adding an extra ferocity stack while under berserk would only make sense, this spec was all about alacrity, removing it now would be stupid and bad game design, along with a bigger dps loss than intended imo
I assume the reason why ravage is not included in the list is, because the ability is not a single hit but rather 3 hits. Knowing BW that would most likely mean, that every single hit of ravage would use up a stack. Probably the same reason why ataru-form hits are not included either.
I'm not saying that's ok or even a good thing, just a possible reason.
I do agree on the 3 rather than 2 stacks. The change like it was presented looks like an awfully huge nerf to me.
You want free stuff? This is my referal link: http://www.swtor.com/r/CfpyNm

supertimtaf's Avatar


supertimtaf
10.30.2017 , 05:06 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by mrwayn View Post
I assume the reason why ravage is not included in the list is, because the ability is not a single hit but rather 3 hits. Knowing BW that would most likely mean, that every single hit of ravage would use up a stack. Probably the same reason why ataru-form hits are not included either.
I'm not saying that's ok or even a good thing, just a possible reason.
I do agree on the 3 rather than 2 stacks. The change like it was presented looks like an awfully huge nerf to me.
Lazy development does seem to be a possible reason, you may have a point here. :/

Does someone have made the calculation to know how 2 stack will decrease the dps done ? I suspect it may be more than intended, but I may be wrong. ^^'
Eliadil - Darkness Assassin Darth Malgus

Feel free to use my referal link if you liked my help ! Free stuff for you and me !

InvalidTag's Avatar


InvalidTag
10.30.2017 , 05:17 AM | #27
[QUOTE=merovejec]I am glad about this change, I was never able to use the art of "clipping" and enver understood why you had to undergo such a process to get high numbers with this spec. Now its "as its supposed to be"
i initially thought you were some sm player; but i know you pvp and do nim stuff.
even fury guide for pvp rep side. So your words come strange
cause spec is difficult and its not right that a spec as easy as fury to do more dps than a hard spec like carnage.

giorgo's Avatar


giorgo
10.30.2017 , 06:05 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
I am glad about this change, I was never able to use the art of "clipping" and enver understood why you had to undergo such a process to get high numbers with this spec. Now its "as its supposed to be" and I like it that way to be honest!
Sigh...
Currently you can use 6 abilities per ferocity cycle without clipping, 7 if you clip.
With the changes this number goes down to 4.Additionally, ataru hits won't benefit from it anymore.
How you and others fail to see that this is a huge dps loss is beyond me.
Besides, sustained is not the issue. Fury and Anni must have better sustained than carnage and they actually do as we speak. It's close but they do, even with clipping involved.
The issue is that after the changes, carnage will have worse burst than fury and that will make the spec obsolete.
If they really want to get rid of clipping then stacks should be 3 and include ravage.
Anything less than that will be an overnerf.

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
10.30.2017 , 06:20 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by InvalidTag View Post
i initially thought you were some sm player; but i know you pvp and do nim stuff.
even fury guide for pvp rep side. So your words come strange
cause spec is difficult and its not right that a spec as easy as fury to do more dps than a hard spec like carnage.
Well thank you for that "SM player"

Anyway, Combat wanst hard, its just wasnt my thing. Im old fashioned, for me a spec is nice when you have a fixed rotation and keep on repeating it. However, many of the players do not like that, they like complex specs, which can be played several times and that have this special thing. Fury/Concentration has a fixed rotation, thats why I always loved it. Watchman was about keeping up your dots, which I also liked, but Combat.....

In the past you could even use one dot from Watchman (which was later changed) so the spec was really interesting in this sence for the people, but not for me, the current change is something I welcome.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
10.30.2017 , 06:22 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by giorgo View Post
Sigh...
Currently you can use 6 abilities per ferocity cycle without clipping, 7 if you clip.
With the changes this number goes down to 4.Additionally, ataru hits won't benefit from it anymore.
How you and others fail to see that this is a huge dps loss is beyond me.
Besides, sustained is not the issue. Fury and Anni must have better sustained than carnage and they actually do as we speak. It's close but they do, even with clipping involved.
The issue is that after the changes, carnage will have worse burst than fury and that will make the spec obsolete.
If they really want to get rid of clipping then stacks should be 3 and include ravage.
Anything less than that will be an overnerf.
Oh yeah, Im sorry, I dunno why but from reading all the comments I got the impression that you get 1 stack when you use Berserk/Zen. Yes, without that, by having only 2 stacks, its a dps loss, true. Yet the system and idea is not bad.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements before 5.9.2 67040