Where are you going to go?

Brillat

So when the announcement that they're closing the APAC servers and offering transfers comes through, which servers are people going to head to?

I'm thinking Bastion myself, it's horrible having to deal with latency after finally having had the opportunity to play on local servers but at least there are constant pops and even though I like RP, I far prefer PvP to PvE content.

No proof, complete speculation on my part that the 'anti-merge' factions (particularly on G-D) and economic rationalism will combine for them to decide that the 'best' decision is for them to just close the APAC servers down completely.

Personally I hope there is a merge (while respecting the views of those who don't, I really do hope that anti-mergers don't throw a hissy fit and leave APAC if there *is* one), but I'm not optimistic.

If combining GD and Dalborra can rack up the players and stabilize the price and stock of GTN, i would prefer that to happen.

With "anti merger" faction is being in thought too, why play on quiet 2 servers when we can play on a same server with moderate players? Although maybe the function of RP will be gone.

Also if my account got the transfer ready - will transfer to Harbinger.

With "anti merger" faction is being in thought too, why play on quiet 2 servers when we can play on a same server with moderate players? Although maybe the function of RP will be gone.

You kind of just answered your own question. Why would people want to play on a server when their primary reason for playing is uncomfortable or not possible?

Edited by Ailie

You kind of just answered your own question. Why would people want to play on a server when their primary reason for playing is uncomfortable or not possible?

With most games that merge servers it is usually the RP servers that merge first as the hardcore RP PVPers have already left for the PVP servers after initially swearing to themselves that this time, in this game, they would RP every second. This doesn't mean that you can't RP, and you can usually find plenty of people to RP with. You just need to up your tolerance for all of the idiots saying cool things like "OMG RP Loser", or "RP can't PVP to save their Epeenies". Ignore buttons are brilliant for RPers on non RP servers.

If combining GD and Dalborra can rack up the players and stabilize the price and stock of GTN, i would prefer that to happen.

Also if my account got the transfer ready - will transfer to Harbinger.

you don't wana come to harbringer im on there and its like the American server that Bioware uses to practice its trolling on

Hey Guys,

I'm currently playing on Master Dar'Narla, Lets just make one big Server :D

I mean there is literally no difference between the PVP and the PVE server at the moment... the only difference being you can gank "imaginary" people on the PVP while you level... "imaginary" being the key word as your chances of encontering somebody in the Open World are slim to none, nearly everybody I've talked too on Master Dar'Narla would be keen to merge with Dal'borra :D

Hope they choose to do this instead :D

Looks like you guys are getting transfers to Begeren Colony. If you decide to stick around, welcome! I'm glad something is finally being done for you, even if it's not ideal. If you have any questions about BC, I'd be happy to oblige. :) Edited by Zenithan

I had several characters on Bergeren to start with, people are generally great. However it was basically impossible to PVP or OP's due to ping. Deleted them all and started over on new server (doh! just figured I wouldn't be back). This sucks.

Would rather one giant server, try to find RP as it comes, and use the ignore button a lot for the tool PVP'ers (not all the PVP'ers, just the tools).

Personally I'd be glad to return "home" (BC was where I started -- and apparently a lot of Sun Guard's oldbies who've left the game). I got in touch with a few people who're still around about a month ago. However with the outcry, it's getting hard to see what will come in the future for playing this game. If we do stick around -- and this does happen, it'll be fun times before we all move on (seriously! I miss my old community.).

Welcome to Begeren Colony, Gav Daragon! We're excited that some of you good folks may be joining us soon. Begeren Colony is a fairly balanced server with active RP, PVP, and PVE scenes. It's one of the smaller U.S. servers, but reasonably healthy population-wise. To give you an idea, at 6pm Syndey time (12 am Pacific time), the average population on Imperial fleet is 100-130. PVP pops are around-the-clock for lowbies but currently sometimes die, or become longer (10-15 minutes) at around 9pm Sydney time. There are typically two instances of lower-level leveling planets running at all times.

For those of you petitioning for an AsPac server merge, I wish you the best -- really, I think that's the most sensible solution. If you do wind up on BC, I expect I'll get to know a fair number of you (I play late :D), so I hope you say "Hi!" if you drop by to check us out. I'm best equipped to answer any questions about the PVP community on BC, but I'm aware of the existence of RPers and PVErs as well. :p I mostly play Impside.

Well I since noticed your guys' post for the petition of combining all the APAC servers, since it seems to be what you all want I hope you get that. Otherwise welcome to Bergen Colony. Hopefully you all stay even if the transfer to the North American server happens and hopefully Bioware recognizes the latency issues for pvp and raiding from that kind of distance and fixes this somehow before the actual transfer.

Again, Welcome! :)

P.S. Hopefully there are some more Imp side pvp'ers and raiders.

I can't wait to get onto Begeren, thanks for the welcome guys.

The petition is not what we all want, which is what lead to this decision in the first place. Some still have trouble coming to terms with the fact that RPers want to be on an RP server, who'da thunk it.

My names are ready, the guild is already there since that's where Dawn came from, and I've already tested the ping and it's a complete non issue. Gameplay last night was smooth as silk and that's me logging in with a crappy 3G wireless connection from a small town in WA.

We are bo-ound for Begeren Colony!

I can't wait to get onto Begeren, thanks for the welcome guys.

The petition is not what we all want, which is what lead to this decision in the first place. Some still have trouble coming to terms with the fact that RPers want to be on an RP server, who'da thunk it.

My names are ready, the guild is already there since that's where Dawn came from, and I've already tested the ping and it's a complete non issue. Gameplay last night was smooth as silk and that's me logging in with a crappy 3G wireless connection from a small town in WA.

We are bo-ound for Begeren Colony!

Dear Ailie

Not all RPers feel the need to be on an RP server, given that RP generally takes place in chat channels, preplanned events or via '/say', which means that the RP community can continue to RP even if not on a designated 'RP server'. You may have noticed in fact that "RP conventions' were not really respected on GD anyway (Snakesurprise Inmypants and Ishootyou Inyoarse are two character names that still exist despite multiple reports...)

Some RPers also *gasp* like to PvP, and while you may feel it to be 'smooth as silk' 200ms makes a significant difference in a WZ.

Having said the above, while certain individuals are 'blaming' you (and like minded associates) for the decision not to merge, I think it was a foregone conclusion, there was never any serious consideration by Bioware of the merge option, for financial / logistic rather than 'playstyle' reasons.

So ... having said all the above, I think that BC is definitely the best of the US servers, even if they have stolen all of my names :-( and we are grateful for the welcome.

I think this sever merge is going to be a good thing for me because i just got less lag in BC when i tried it out today and lot of people too. over 100 level 50s even when sever population is standered. But for you all sever merge will not be good news I guss. Edited by Chamika

Hi everyone, BW just made the anouncement that GD is heading to BC. I know this will disappoint some of you who wanted an Asia Merger. I feel for you having experience a merger myself last year. However BC has a great community of players who have been with the game since the beginning. We love to PVP as much as anyone else, and hold RP events too. Que times are very resonable in peak hours and 10 mins on average for none peek hours. This might change with new players playing on Asia pacific time too. :). As some of you will find out we have our elite pvp guilds like any other server. If you are a PUG you will learn to hate Grim Determination, and if you are an IMP, you will hate to fight ASB :). I hope we get to see some Elite guilds from Asia show their stuff on the BC too.

• 3 weeks later...

I have yet to try out B. Col to test out PING. I have latency even on Gav. D so I am very nervous about losing the APAC servers at this point, but I may discover it is a non issue

If I were BIOWARE I think merging 3 - Servers into 1 is a good start - I really think PVP server is not that active in PVP anyway (from what Ive seen) and there is PVP on some planets anyway I discovered recently :eek:

The people who are happy to move to a US server can and if the numbers on the APAC server get too low then close it all together. That is the most democratic way to try and keep both parties happy, rather than loose a bunch of players who will leave the game altogether rather than move to US server.

I no longer play DDO because of lag issues and I really loved that game - but lag is damn annoying. So far SWTOR is my favourite MMO ever and with ESO on the horizon I think EA/Bioware need to becareful of their market.

You have this backwards, RP server should never be able to access Warzone or Tattoonie, its a glitch. Because we can we are actually a PVE server and if the PVP server is the same as the other three we are all PVE servers. People need to get their terminology correct, Might log in a see how the Euro server is going, because America is basically pointless.

Hi everyone, BW just made the anouncement that GD is heading to BC. I know this will disappoint some of you who wanted an Asia Merger. I feel for you having experience a merger myself last year. However BC has a great community of players who have been with the game since the beginning. We love to PVP as much as anyone else, and hold RP events too. Que times are very resonable in peak hours and 10 mins on average for none peek hours. This might change with new players playing on Asia pacific time too. :). As some of you will find out we have our elite pvp guilds like any other server. If you are a PUG you will learn to hate Grim Determination, and if you are an IMP, you will hate to fight ASB :). I hope we get to see some Elite guilds from Asia show their stuff on the BC too.

"Elite" pvp guilds? LOL. Lets not start off by giving false information. :rolleyes: These guilds mentioned above love to give off the impression that they're a really big thing around here, but in all honesty they're not. They simply take turns buffing up each others reputation. As far as your comments about who players will hate, you are joking right? I haven't really ran across anyone who hates to fight ASB or GD. I personally prefer to fight them, and know many who feel the same way.

Quite sure the imps in here didn't fear ASB in here

Or here

This one took place just today, with their premade vs imperial pugs.

The imps here I'm fairly certain weren't intimidated by GD either.

Or here

And keep in mind these aren't the best examples, but simply what happened to be caught on camera.

Oh and if you're wondering what the guild Infamous is infamous about, Clicky. You'll soon pick up on the Infamadness, its whats trending on the server atm. ;)

I find it kind of sad that they have to go lie about what the general consensus is on our server about their respective guilds. But i'd be lying to you if I said it surprised me. (Individuals who don't agree with the above guilds are trolls too btw). :rak_03: Now for the truth:

PVP as it is now is essentially balanced. Imp side used to be dominant after the initial server transfers, then pub side gained dominance as most imp pvp guilds disbanded shortly after the summer. Now the factions are basically equal. There's no particular guild that any faction fears so I don't know how the above person could say that with a straight face. Imperial pugs tend to play worse (no inc calls, dps won't focus heals, etc.) than republic pugs, but other than that there are plenty of pvp guilds and skilled players on both sides that keep the warzones interesting.

As for the late night scene, thats when most of the bad pugs come out imp side, and when most of the "elite" republic guilds prefer to queue as they have less of a fight to go through. Was talking to someone in one of the above videos who mentioned that Imperial pugs here seem to know what they're doing, so hopefully that will help to make imp late nights consistent with the rest of the day - decent pugs. I believe I won't have to tell you all how frustrating it is to have someone lose a node silently, or stand on the endzone for a leap in huttball. ;)

Now that you've heard the other side of the story, all that's left for you to do is come over and find out which turns out to be true for yourself. Looking forward to having you guys become a part of our community. :)

Yours truly,

- An IMP

Edited by PoliteAssasin

I'm actually looking at going to Jung-Ma as they have a decent RP community as far as I ca tell and its RP-PVP which I was really hoping the APAC RP server would be. Hope some of the other people who enjoy RP and PVP do the same.

I'm actually looking at going to Jung-Ma as they have a decent RP community as far as I ca tell and its RP-PVP which I was really hoping the APAC RP server would be. Hope some of the other people who enjoy RP and PVP do the same.

Jung Ma is not West Coast, so you won't get that option.

Not that you'd want it anyway if you like PvP, East Coast server latency is 300+ as opposed to ~200 for West Coast