Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Upcoming Guild Conquest Updates

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Upcoming Guild Conquest Updates
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

RikuvonDrake
Today , 03:54 PM | #351
Quote: Originally Posted by DeannaVoyager View Post
To fix that, all they should have done was stop counting the stacked items. There was no reason to nuke it for legit crafters, especially when we didn't get anything to replace the small infinitely repeatable fillers.

And what comes to BW and their data, no-one here has seen it. But we've all seen some toxic whiners attacking and spreading lies about crafters. In my opinion, that's why they did it. To shut up the whiners.
i don't know how much you have kept track of conquest on the different servers recently and how guilds of all sizes have been using grade 1 components as well as the ability to craft things that rewards 4 or more items in a very abusive way, which is why the devs are changing these things. If you read the original forum threads (which was locked) you can see a lot of the abusers come out in defence of the system and looking at their guild tags and ingame names it players from all forms of guilds.

it sucks that a few legit crafters get a few thousand fewer points for crafting but I think as a general change this is a good way to handle crafting abuse

Bloodworthy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd - The Red Eclipse - Darth Malgus

Saga - FriendlyFire - Mango

DeannaVoyager
Today , 04:10 PM | #352
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
i don't know how much you have kept track of conquest on the different servers recently and how guilds of all sizes have been using grade 1 components as well as the ability to craft things that rewards 4 or more items in a very abusive way, which is why the devs are changing these things. If you read the original forum threads (which was locked) you can see a lot of the abusers come out in defence of the system and looking at their guild tags and ingame names it players from all forms of guilds.

it sucks that a few legit crafters get a few thousand fewer points for crafting but I think as a general change this is a good way to handle crafting abuse
Yes, and I said all they needed to do was prevent the stacked items count as 4 or 6.

It's not a few thousand points per legit crafter, that we miss now. It's a few thousand points per alt we want to cap with just a couple of thousands of points. People want to play alts, I wanted to cap alts, and because we got nothing to replace those odd few thousand points per toon, we can't cap that many alts anymore. They already managed to make conquest alt friendly once everyone was happy, and now they are destroying it again.

If someone from BW can explain why people with lots of alts are not welcome in the game anymore, I'd like to hear it. Maybe then I would understand why my sub money isn't as good as some other sub's money.
My referral link, if anyone wants: http://www.swtor.com/r/mknnK6

TrixxieTriss
Today , 05:51 PM | #353
Quote: Originally Posted by DeannaVoyager View Post
Yes, and I said all they needed to do was prevent the stacked items count as 4 or 6.

It's not a few thousand points per legit crafter, that we miss now. It's a few thousand points per alt we want to cap with just a couple of thousands of points. People want to play alts, I wanted to cap alts, and because we got nothing to replace those odd few thousand points per toon, we can't cap that many alts anymore. They already managed to make conquest alt friendly once everyone was happy, and now they are destroying it again.

If someone from BW can explain why people with lots of alts are not welcome in the game anymore, I'd like to hear it. Maybe then I would understand why my sub money isn't as good as some other sub's money.
Thatís the real issue here for many of us with lots of alts. We are now limited again to what we can do to get them through.

Iíve gotten a lot less through this week than I would have by now. Iíve gotten all the activities done I enjoy and then Iím stuck rerunning chapters which are boring and slow to get a few thousand points to finish off an alt. So instead Iím logging off and spending half as much time logged in.

I had unsubbed and I was waiting for the patch to gauge wether to resub. But with the delay due to weather, my sub ran out before I could test this patch, so I resubbed to test. Now Iím severely regretting it because the patch is a mess and I canít even get as many alts through conquest as normal.

I think this will be my last subscription payment for swtor unless they make some changes that make it worth while.
Honestly, Iím not sure what to play and thatís part of the reason why Iím still here.