Jindo Krey bugged in HM False Emperor?

Is Jindo Krey's fight broken? After we use the turret to make the ship back up the first time they no longer work to interrupt the missle lock on when the ship comes back into range of the turrets. The shooting animation goes off but nothing happens. Anyone else having this problem? Edited by Khellendrozz
Clarification.

you cannot miss a single click when it appears. if you miss it and it goes to the side the entire encounter can bug. has to be the middle, and immediately to avoid it. tank and both dps should all try to click it.

bugged for our group too multiple times, gonna try that strat suggested above

edit: we had our whole group run to the center turret whenever the ship respawned, got it to back off right away.

it blows up for good after 5 shots, then you can just burn him.

irritating that it doesnt work like intended though

Edited by Rabix

Is Jindo Krey's fight broken? After we use the turret to make the ship back up the first time they no longer work to interrupt the missle lock on when the ship comes back into range of the turrets. The shooting animation goes off but nothing happens. Anyone else having this problem?

Yeah, same thing happens to us. We still got through it though, it wasn't that big of a deal.

we figured they made the ship not immediately go back to long range mode to compensate for his pistol shots being made tankable. That's probably not true though.

I like how everytime somebody wipes, it's a "bug". FE is easy. It's stop #2 on our nightly "gear the guild" runs. He shields, DPS go push the button.

Maybe it is bugged if you don't push the button. It's impossible to tell as I haven't seen anybody fail to obey literally the only mechanic in the fight.

It bugs, plain and simple. It's completely random, it has no bearing on any button pushing, it just happens. Also it's depressing how it's only the center console that works, because frankly the center console is destroyed everytime the ship moves close, no chance to even fire a shot in defense. Invincible ship is invincible.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=203739

Plenty of folks keep posting about it.

Just did it.

We had to time the center turret (the side ones seem to do nothing) 3 seconds after the ship comes to a full stop.

So the ship comes.

The ship "jiggles"

The shield animation around the ship "flickers"

Wait 1-2 Seconds

Then start activating turret.

It's a very, very narrow window.

As for the first rotation where the ship is standing there, we had melee DPS run straight to center from the pull and activate it almost immediately. Seemed to be the right timing.

It's about 3-4 seconds after he does his initial random charge.

We're still not sure how the fight works. Turrets do nothing when there's a raid warning, so what's the point of announcing anything?

Edited by Puzzlybox

As puzzlebox noted the shield animation is important. As long as you wait for the shield animation to complete then its not a problem and it won't bug out on you. Firing before the shield is up has mixed results, to say the least.

Also, his "get over here" yank only targets moving players. Having the healer sit on the middle console and just strafe if he gets a missile coming in at him will allow the dps to stay on the boss. When the fight first starts have 2 people run up, one will get yanked and the healer can then just camp the middle console from that point out.

Easy fight is easy.

Yep.

It's very doable. Just gotta wipe a few times until a healer/ranged DPS gets a feel for the timing of it. If you do it too early the turrets lock out and now you're going to get crapped on by 400% missiles. That's what wiped us about five times. We kept on mis-timing the turret one or two seconds too early. You need to see the ship's shields stop flickering, count to 1 or 2, then channel. Do it too late and the Raid Warning will pop up (which is where I think the bug comes in) and the turrets do nothing. Takes about 5-6 rotations to kill the ship, then it's just a tank and spank.

As far as bugged 5-man encounters go, this is nothing compared to original Caelia in Charmer's Caldera in Rift. You could spend an hour and a half teaching party members how to cope with bugged mechanics (2 shot lightning breath wasn't synced with the animation. She randomly would shoot it out in one of four directions, and you had to rotate around her at 90 degree angles, even if the lightning graphic was on top of you, the real lightning could be shooting in the opposite direction) only to get knocked back into the cliff, instantly die, then be LoS-blocked for a battle rez.

Edited by Puzzlybox

Also, his "get over here" yank only targets moving players. Having the healer sit on the middle console and just strafe if he gets a missile coming in at him will allow the dps to stay on the boss. When the fight first starts have 2 people run up, one will get yanked and the healer can then just camp the middle console from that point out.

Easy fight is easy.

Now it's easIER .. thanks, man, thats a great tip ;) I'm the healer so I'm certainly going to start doing this.

• 3 weeks later...
Just tried it,. im columni geared tank 20k hp + all the stats that go with it,. right off the bat 1st missile fire (10sec into the fight) i get hit for 10-12k thats even befor the pannel lights up to use,. during the fight ship stays ranged and missile spamming, its not possible to fire turrets at it while its in this possition. and interupting warship missile stops the cast but the missiles keep firing none the less... this boss is bugged to hell.

First time I seen this 'bug' was last night. My group member activated the turret before the ship ever started firing/powered up.

I had never done this before. And I think, is why I have never seen this bug. I've done it dozens of times and have always waited until it fires once to hit the console to activate the gun. Never bugged out before.

just wait until the ship fires it's guns once then go. You'll get 2 or 3 missiles and be fine.