Social points after 50?

Ok the other day I was looking at some social gear I wanted to buy once I got the social points. I look at my character and I see I'm at 473/1000 social I... Ouch...

I leveled up mostly solo trying to speed my way to 50. So that meant I didn't spend hardly anytime doing fp's or quests requiring a group. I always figured I'd catch my social up in the endgame. Well the other day I was doing a hardmode BT run and some one pointed out that we don't get social points for it.

OK so now I'm worried that since I skipped all that group content/fps How the hell am I going to get my social points up now? If you don't get Social points from HM's what does that leave?

I'm in the same boat with my Dark. I'm 9350 and level 50 with storyline complete. No clue how to start getting Dark points still. Just started doing FP's but I didn't get any credit for HM BT dark points.

Sucks.

It's currently bugged for HMs and is being fixed in 1.1.3 *yay!*

Fastest way is to run Esseles or Black Talon on normal (lvl 10) with a partner.. takes about 10-15 minutes to clear. You'll get approx 100 social points, and ~200 LS/DS points per run. Bring 4 people and you'll get about 200 social points and the same LS/DS points.

You get a moderate amount of social points for duoing the dailies on Belsavis/Ilum as well.

Devs have confirmed you don't get social/LS/DS points for finishing hard modes (Bugged or intentional I'm not sure)

This is going to sound kinda tedious, and it is... But the fastest way to gain social points is to take 4 high level players and run through Esseles. Just plain old Esseles. You can ride your speeders through and avoid almost every fight save the boss fights. Remember how many convos there are in Esseles?

You can also take groups of low level characters through, but this takes much longer since you have to kill everything.

Edited by Dan_McMan

Patch Notes - 1.1.3 - Updated 2/10 | Yesterday , 10:36 PM

Flashpoints and Operations

General

Conversation rewards like Social and Alignment Points and Companion Affection are gained more consistently during Hard Mode Flashpoints.

found it

I was in the same boat as you, and the simple answer I have is: Dailies.

Specifically, Ilum and Belsavis dailies. You have to do them for Rakata gear and money anyways, plus there are group quests. Find a buddy and go through them (mainly the acceptance wave of conversations) and get a decent chunck of social points that way.

As for dark/light side points, a few solos of Esseles/Black Talon should give you like 400+ force points per run, but I was capped at 50 for that so I don't have any better tips.

K thnx for the replies.

I heard the HM's didn't provide points and figured that applied to all repeatable quests. My guildies are finally starting to catch up to me and reach the 50 mark so hopefully I'll be lvling up my social with them on the dailies now.

I'm in the same boat with my Dark. I'm 9350 and level 50 with storyline complete. No clue how to start getting Dark points still. Just started doing FP's but I didn't get any credit for HM BT dark points.

Sucks.

The OP said nothing about dark/light points, and you can SOLO low level flashpoints over and over for 200 dark/light per run.

The post is about SOCIAL points.