Neon + Latex =.. Lightsabers?

Soyaman

Am I the only one annoyed by the fact that lightsabers act, and sound like a neon covered latex sword, And worse. Hits like one?

I would really be pleased if the enemy atleast would be cut in half when you killed them, But no.

I'm not THAT familiar with other Star Wars games, And how they worked in terms of Lightsabers.

But atleast according to the movies people were sliced in half or similar with struck by one.

Please, discuss.

You have to consider a few things:

Balance; lightsabers can't cut through nearly as much as they actually can, only in the interest of fairness

Animation; the more add, the longer it takes, the more money goes away.

Rating; I'm not sure how close they are to hitting 'M', it's probably a huge gap, but you never know.

You have to consider a few things:

Balance; lightsabers can't cut through nearly as much as they actually can, only in the interest of fairness

Animation; the more add, the longer it takes, the more money goes away.

Rating; I'm not sure how close they are to hitting 'M', it's probably a huge gap, but you never know.

Well yes. I realize that it has to be balanced, And a game where the guy who hits the other isn't fun.

And a 95% chance of deflecting blasters doesn't create a very fun game play. It'd be something in lines of. If the guy with the gun doesn't hit the jedi / sith. He's dead by the time they get close.

But there are so many other ways to do it. Duelling instead of actually striking eachother? Again with the guns, That creates some issues.

I suppose It's just me. I just wish there was more.

Unfortunately the problem is with the concept of lightsabers, not the game.

If lightsabers can cut through just about anything, then Jedi and Sith characters would be able to kill most opponents in one hit. Imagine being level 3 and soloing just about any opponent you find. BORING.

To make this game playable, they had to make the lightsabers into glowing baseball bats.

Not only that but lore wise the lightsabers cant cut trough anything. those basilist war droids that mandalorians used, the lightsabers defleted on their armor, for instance. and then there is cortosis, personal shields and plenty of other stuff.

But this isnt and FPS when you kill someone with one shot, its MMORPG, and all RPG type games, works this way. You dont see someone killing with one slash of a sword or an axe ever, its not part of teh game mechanics. If you want that kind of stuff i sugest force unleashed for example. allthough its also a bit exagerated in manny ways.

Edited by Spartanik