Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fighting against snipers

ODTONE
03.22.2013 , 12:16 PM | #21
i think its the "diversion" well the imp one that gets you,
if a sniper "diverts" and gets you out of cover from the start hell have a big advantage untill you can recover etc..
usually if they dont manage that you can pretty much get them, well as sabo u can make them move fast with aoes,
and aoes placed right will hit them behind the cover.

Tamanous
03.22.2013 , 03:23 PM | #22
As I suspected it may be the accuracy differences due to dual wielding. I still feel this goes away once you get into end game gear and can get above 100% accuracy. As mentioned I set up a suit of gear at level 10-11 that I really liked and augmented it right away with mk-6 kits and slapped in low level accuracy augments while leveling. I believe this is why I saw fewer issues against snipers.

It is something to be aware of while leveling and a crutch slingers may very well have to put up with unless Bioware does some serious looking into the matter. I suspect that if the math evens out at end game they will do very little. Someone who loves the math should look into it however to ensure there isn't a flat penalty that makes slingers always inferior like trooper vs BH.

I've also been meaning to test stacking some defense in pvp gear and taking the first tier defense ability. Might be a slim benefit but very curious of the impact against the white damage heavy hitters. May not be worth it but who knows.

FourPawnBenoni
04.22.2013 , 11:22 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Tamanous View Post
As I suspected it may be the accuracy differences due to dual wielding. I still feel this goes away once you get into end game gear and can get above 100% accuracy. As mentioned I set up a suit of gear at level 10-11 that I really liked and augmented it right away with mk-6 kits and slapped in low level accuracy augments while leveling. I believe this is why I saw fewer issues against snipers.

It is something to be aware of while leveling and a crutch slingers may very well have to put up with unless Bioware does some serious looking into the matter. I suspect that if the math evens out at end game they will do very little. Someone who loves the math should look into it however to ensure there isn't a flat penalty that makes slingers always inferior like trooper vs BH.

I've also been meaning to test stacking some defense in pvp gear and taking the first tier defense ability. Might be a slim benefit but very curious of the impact against the white damage heavy hitters. May not be worth it but who knows.
I too, would like to know some of these answers.