I really want a long term, objective based Warzone

AlkalineKitten

Does anyone remember the original Alterac Valley in Warcraft? Week long server battles and back and forth epic craziness? With objectives and special rewards.

I would love to have something like this in ToR, since short of Warhammer, I haven't really experienced anything like it since, and when I ask in Ops chat, everyone seems to love the idea.

What do you guys think? Are there other modes in other MMOs you'd love to see adapted?

Indeed that would be pretty fun and very suited for SW climate.

But they are unable to optimize game in 8v8 warzones so people with anything less then high end machines can run it with at least 25 FPS. I don't even want to think what would happen with larger scale battle warzone. Considering SWs graphics and engine I expected way better performance. Its playable on med comps, but PvP varies from unplayable to okay-ish, but you won't excel because optimization stops you.

ilium ? alterac valley was introduced simply cause the servers could not handle actual rvr (remeber tm/ss laaaaaaaag) it was meant to emmulate how rvr works. Illum is supose to fill that need in this game i belive.

personally i liked the old av to, the hour long battles with multitude of objectes even if i did not like the lfm korrak so that everyone could get their noob spear.

ilium ? alterac valley was introduced simply cause the servers could not handle actual rvr (remeber tm/ss laaaaaaaag) it was meant to emmulate how rvr works. Illum is supose to fill that need in this game i belive.

personally i liked the old av to, the hour long battles with multitude of objectes even if i did not like the lfm korrak so that everyone could get their noob spear.

I haven't actually gotten to Ilum myself, but I am excited for it! I've heard it's not so great, but I like to see for myself.

While I am on a World PvP server, I would still like to see something like old AV, just because the little focused area and objectives were really cool. I feel there's a lot of Lore they could mine with a warzone like that. Or several.

It was always funny to check out AV and find points STILL being contested from the night before.

In my experience, the old pre-cross-server group battlegrounds and pre-LFD system made for a tighter community on the servers as a whole, and would love to have more WZs to capitalize on this.

I've recently defected to the Republic and feel bad whenever I kill people I once took up arms with on the Imperial side. It's fun building friendly rivalries and respect when you know you're going to continually run into them.