A very sad day, My guild is leaving swtor.

lironBD

Dear bioware or whomever is reading if any,

After 4 years in the game, 2 server merges and many hours my guild started to look fo rdifferent game (mmo) to partake in.

KOTFE pretty much killed our guild group activities.

Game is so easy we used operations to level up from 50 to 65, not any new group content added.

game is pretty stale, easy and boring for groups this days.

I personally thought KOTFE will add some challenge and things to do so I bought 6 months subscription in advanced and still got 17 days left but really didn't logged in for month now I think.

I finished the entire KOTFE story (9 chapters) in one evening and finished all the alerts\star forts in day or two.. it was rather easy.

Also had full 7 part tokes set bonus in less then 2 weeks, full pvp set in week and pretty much nothing left to do...

As a guild we used to do world events together, to tackle hm operations (which are piss easy now) and try out new ops.

but in KOTFE there is really no group content for us to do, also the update on the "subscribers program" with hk-51 oriented bonuses... who cares? we will still have 30 minutes tops per month of story mission then month of nothing.

so it came to this sad moment where a guild of active players which play the game for 4 years now +- just going to migrate to a different game.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where I said I'm quitting?

I even said I still got two weeks of subscription left.

I said it is sad that after 4 years due to the game radical re-design dozens of players (entire guild) is quitting the game until new content is added.

yet another thread of poor me im not playing anymore cause i over did it and now i want the world to know cause i feel obligated to make a thread how the game is good but not worht my time

peace dude we wont miss ya

And another thread where EA/BW propaganda officer attempts to make himself seem hard, at some point im sure you have to ask yourself "am I being a douch with these types of responses" but the more I think about it the more I think you are about 15 and your brain just hasn't fully developed beyond the bad***** know it all teenage stage.

I agree with the op here the game is way to easy ever since the expansion came out, the game was just fine in my opinion for 4 years the way it was before this horrible expansion came out and dumbed down everything even the classes

Edit: also to me the expansion is way to easy takes only a few minutes or so to go thru each chapter

Edited by loctys

They need to throw us a bone for endgame content. We need new raids and more PvP maps. They said they are working on a PvP map, but nothing about new raids. I'm glad all the raids are relevant now, but we've been doing them for years now. I also agree that the new content is way too easy!

Best of luck to the guild. I know many left for WOW both before and after KOTFE dropped.

After NIM GATE, Deco Exploit, no new OPS and "PVP discussed in FEB" most folks I know are already out the door or leaving when sub expires.

I've a month left I think on my sub and it will lapse as well. Right now I'm just logging in to sell stuff and logging out again. Likely back after 16 chapters are over and maybe a new operation shows up. Even then only for 1 month to clear that content and out again.

how is this sad? people move on to new things all the time and it would have happened eventually. people can be such drama queens about finding other stuff to do. if you're unhappy, find something else.

People moving onto new things is what screws over the game. :p

Let's do some basic math. If they lose more people than they gain, at some point those who have a game they love to play, will lose the game they love to play. :p

I'd say that's a sad thing for those who love the game.

Not really sure what to say. Bioware has been saying for a year there wouldn't be significant new multiplayer endgame content until KOTFE was well underway or maybe even finished.

They also promised that this game would never go a full year again without new multiplayer content. What happened to that promise? Should we as gamers just accept that this is ok and normal business practice and keep paying them money? I think not.

As someone who recently returned from a nearly 3 year hiatus, I have plenty to do, but just as a matter of fact no new endgame content is ludicrous. It's surreal that they think they can sustain this game by being "single player" and releasing 30 min chapters each month. Edited by Masakari_

Not really sure what to say. Bioware has been saying for a year there wouldn't be significant new multiplayer endgame content until KOTFE was well underway or maybe even finished.

They didn't promise anything besides no new multiplayer content until after KotFE, which can be taken with a grain a salt to mean don't expect it anythime soon or ever.

Which is ashame for guilds that want a challenge and seek out progression. The exciting thrill of competing to down bosses first is gone right now. The choices are either play a really stale endgame or play games that you dislike but have actual content and progression.

Where I said I'm quitting?

I even said I still got two weeks of subscription left.

I said it is sad that after 4 years due to the game radical re-design dozens of players (entire guild) is quitting the game until new content is added.

Actually all but two in ours is bailing after 4 years as well due to the game's radical redesign. But they won't come back until the pre-4.0 game play mechanics come back. Edited by GalacticKegger

Seeing many of these posts and the very much cold reply that the OP gets is sorta amusing to me because if you actually were in a guild and ran that guild you would see that the OP is right on target. Yes they are moaning but they are moaning because they are the ones that have a good amount of fun playing the game. Yes things change but the dev team of this game has missed the mark in a HUGE way.

They made the assumption that people will buy long term subs (which by the way is where they make the most money on subs) would still pay long term for 30 minutes of new content every month. Which by the way is very conservative because in all honesty the content will be less that 30 minutes of actual play time and 1 hour of video. I know people love the cut scenes but if I wanted to watch a movie instead of playing a game I would in fact sit in front of the TV, ps4, or a theater and watch a real movie that is actually well.... entertaining. yeah the story here is funny and sometimes has a oh yeah choke that npc moment but it is very VERY weak story writing and often doesn't make sense with its on story line.

What the OP failed to do which immediately stirs up the replies of hey give me your stuff or if you don't like it leave or I am absolutely in love with the game, is actually giving constructive feedback. Yeah they might be calling it quits but give that itemized why it went wrong. Anyone that does a I am quitting or unsudbing needs to just say it how it is in a point by point listing so yeah even those that are your rabid fans will read and say hhhmmm you know they are right and most often wont even reply cause they know the OP was right on mark.

KOTFE is for all intensive purposes a fail for BW not because the story is not good (its actually poor but fun for a supermarket novelette) but because it doesn't have the legs to keep going. They are not ever going to be able to deliver the content aka story they want to tell in a timely fashion and yes even those that say oh I have so much do to will quickly see the content for what it is a ploy to get you to pay long term not for enjoyment but to money grab. Yes there are old FP and tactical and ops but they have seen their day and have been there done that. They designed a system that doesn't require you to do the hardest ops well just simply because the hardest ops or fps aren't all that complicated or extremely gear dependent. I get it from their point of view, it doesn't need to be hard cause the story is just that weak and very easy and the most important part of it only 20 minutes of game play that you just need the baseline of baseline gear to play through cause they aren't delivering you challenge or content that scales harder as you get further along but a super market novelette.

Hate me all you want, downgrade or bash what I typed here but you know its absolutely true and the saddest part of it all BW themselves know it. All you need to do is look at the launcher and you see a company that knows they have failed at the new experiment. I say that because the moment they tried to bait you into paying for a 6 months plus sub just so you can get 20 more minutes of "free" story content is the moment they conceded that the game design as they have it now has failed them and they did not see the massive spike in long term subs they had gambled on getting, so lets give them some lame content that honestly really does not matter to the greater story one bit.

but in KOTFE there is really no group content for us to do,

Sounds a bit selfish ... What about the others ? Why doesn't your guild teach other players ?

And that applies to any guild that leaves : They are only thinking about themselves. Being highly cynical here : Zorz left because they couldn't teach other players ?

In a way that't not the spirit of an MMO ... Okay, everybody says : "Well, it's an MMO, people are *mreant to* group up with others !"

But then, these groups act selfish, too : THey leave as soon as they have beaten everything - and take their knowledge with them, that's not the sharing aspect of an MMO ...

Or do they find mentoring other players across the planets boring , too ? Mentoring isn't a challenge great enough than a NIM challenge, and because of that they leave ?

NIM challenges are challenges about reflexes, speed, DPS races, about mechanics, in the end.

Teaching fresh human Newbies is a completely different kind of challenge.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I sympathize with the OP. I hope the game continues on for those that enjoy it in its current form and grows if at all possible. I came back after a long break (I subbed continuously for the first 2 years after release) to check out the changes.

Unfortunately, even though I felt some of the changes like level-sync were positive overall the game, to me, has missed the mark. I was level 65 after finishing SoR and have found the current mode to be "too much" about story and too little challenge so I haven't even finished KOTFE on a single character.

My sub lapses in about a month and I doubt I'll renew. I haven't logged in for more than a couple of minutes in weeks. I'll keep the game installed and check in now and again to see if anything changes.

Sounds a bit selfish ... What about the others ? Why doesn't your guild teach other players ?

And that applies to any guild that leaves : They are only thinking about themselves. Being highly cynical here : Zorz left because they couldn't teach other players ?

In a way that't not the spirit of an MMO ... Okay, everybody says : "Well, it's an MMO, people are *mreant to* group up with others !"

But then, these groups act selfish, too : THey leave as soon as they have beaten everything - and take their knowledge with them, that's not the sharing aspect of an MMO ...

Or do they find mentoring other players across the planets boring , too ? Mentoring isn't a challenge great enough than a NIM challenge, and because of that they leave ?

NIM challenges are challenges about reflexes, speed, DPS races, about mechanics, in the end.

Paying 15$ just to teach new players to run old ops while not being sure there will be new content at all for those new players to play with when they will get experience - this is not for everyone ,you know.

Teaching new players in living game is fun. Teaching new players in ... whatever SWTOR now is - is pointless.

Wait.. You want a guild of people who play with each other for the enjoyment of ongoing OP development and challenges to stay and pay 15 bucks a month to a game that could care less about their interests? So they can teach new players about aging stale ops that may be the very last ones ever developed? Especially when a large portion of the community consideres progressive raiding guild players "elitist" and unimportant to the game population. Please, the writing is on the wall when it comes to folks who enjoy challenging gameplay/ raiding within a starwars environment.It says **** we aren't developing anything for you and you are not our target audience. So that's exactly what many of us did. Can you really blame them?

Expecting others to keep paying and playing to help others sounds a bit selfish to me. If they aren't having fun anymore there is no reason for them to be expected to stay just because it makes you feel all warm and squishy inside. It is their money, their time, and most importantly their choice on how they use those.