Dewback mounts... let them be farmable on Tattooine, not cartel!

CTFoxhound

Can you please let the next mount which are Dewbacks, let them be farmable like the TaunTauns are on Hoth. I like the way the TaunTauns were implemented in which you can either just purchase them up front from the vendor or farm them yourself. Would be great for the dewbacks had the same sort of system rather than just obtained via the cartel market like the Veractyles are.

Can you please let the next mount which are Dewbacks, let them be farmable like the TaunTauns are on Hoth. I like the way the TaunTauns were implemented in which you can either just purchase them up front from the vendor or farm them yourself. Would be great for the dewbacks had the same sort of system rather than just obtained via the cartel market like the Veractyles are.

I agree with you on this, it would be nice however I doubt its going to happen.

I agree with you on this, it would be nice however I doubt its going to happen.

Why? Because they made tauntauns a CM-only item?

I'm OK with either method, or some kind of combo method, but you are just way too quick to assume it will be the way you don't like.

Edited by branmakmuffin

From the pictures on Dulfy, I would think that they are going to offer some different versions of tauntauns on the CM. Thus, making a dewback mount version that you can farm and then other versions available via the CM seems like the way to go. But, who knows.

They should do it just like the did the Tauntauns. Farm 15 or 20 data on Tatooine and then trade them in to the trader. One for subscribers only and one for everyone.

Personally I would rather it be something different, preferably something we haven't done yet in game. Maybe like, riding around wrangling them or something, IDK.

Edited by Icebergy

Why? Because they made tauntauns a CM-only item?

I'm OK with either method, or some kind of combo method, but you are just way too quick to assume it will be the way you don't like.

Yeah... the advance art shows several dewbacks, 4 different varactyls, and tauntauns not even in game yet.

If Bioware follows pattern... some will be from missions/gathering, some from faction rep, some from rare drops in Ops, and some from the CM.

People need to calm down about the CM IMO. It's here to stay.. it's popular among subscribers.. and it's not the only way mounts enter the game.

Edited by Andryah

Personally I would rather it be something different, preferably something we haven't done yet in game. Maybe like, riding around wrangling them or something, IDK.

^ this would be awesome, taming your own mount.

I don't like the way the armoured Dewbacks look. I'd very much like the basic Dewback be along a quest line and the armoured Dewbacks via CM.

I don't hate the armored Dewback, but I like the plain ones on tatooine and balmorra more because they look like the ones in episode 4.

Not gonna happen.

You saw people talking about buying loads and loads of cartel packs JUST for the varactyl.

Bioware are gonna put this mount in a random drop box so they can get more money, again.

Like they did with the Tauntaun, right? How dare they not to give us the chance to get the Tauntaun mount other than from a cartel pack! Oh wait...

We have "Hovering Motor Cycles" and everyone wants to ride farm animals?

Its a good idea, but I don't think Dewback's are fast enough to be mounts.

I doubt that we will see any more mount farming in the game any time soon. It would be nice to just be able to buy new mounts from vendors again.

I too hope they add a quest to get at least one of the variations in game like they did with the Tauntauns. I’d love to head to tat and get my Dewback, even so I wouldn’t be surprise if they all end up in CM. Edited by SithEmpress

Agreed. Have some sort of quest to get them. Farming in these games is so freaking boring and makes me want to stick a fork in my eye. Plus, it's just a new avenue for people to farm for credits without even trying to get the mount.

The price on the Varactyls will start dropping on the GTN once the next pack comes out. It looks like they have a different colored one for each pack. Just like with the thrones and the hoverchair, they started out ridiculously overpriced and then when more versions flooded the market from the other packs, the prices started dropping significantly.

However, as for the dewbacks, if they are releasing the concept art for them, then there's probably already a plan in place to put them into the game. This CM stuff has a lead time of several weeks so the remaining 3 packs for this shipment are probably already done basically. So the method for introducing the Dewback has probably already been determined anyway.

Give it up, man. They are not going to be coming out with a damn ting unless they stick it in a damn cartel box. Bet your ars on that.

They completely ruined crafting in this game with that cartel market crap...and they don't plan to stop anytime soon.

Dig deep in those pockets!

Give it up, man. They are not going to be coming out with a damn ting unless they stick it in a damn cartel box. Bet your ars on that.

They completely ruined crafting in this game with that cartel market crap...and they don't plan to stop anytime soon.

Dig deep in those pockets!

There are no tauntaun mounts in cartel packs or market. ;)

Can I haz a cookie for catching you in a moment of hyperbole Wraiven? :D

There are no tauntaun mounts in cartel packs or market. ;)

Can I haz a cookie for catching you in a moment of hyperbole Wraiven? :D

Ooh, you sure did burn him with your one empirical example.

How many mounts are in the CM without a way to earn a similar one in game? Go on, I'll wait.

Edited by TheSeventhJedi