X-37 in Maestrom HM punishment bugged?

The mechanic basically goes something like this:

- Power punch the tank across the room

- Pull 2 people toward him

- Channel Punishment

- People who get pulled will get hit almost every time.

It seems like no matter how far away from the droid you are when punishment goes off, you have a chance of getting hit. That doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense. The last time we played this, I was down to around 30% health so I force cammoed and ran away long before he even began channeling punishment. I was literally back by the boxes on the other side of the giant room when the next Punishment when off and was hit for like 4k damage! Is this thing really an AoE or is it hitting random people regardless of their range?

I think it's an AoE and it's got a long range. There are a few spots in the room you can hide (like behind the pillars of the doorway). The punishment's always behaved like this from what I know.

My best tip is to tank from range, as ranged aggro means it won't do the punishment. You'll still get pulled in, but if the one with aggro moves fast, and you're lucky, there will be fewer punishment attacks.

huh? your supposed to run away??

Im a sage i just usually have the DPS stand in and tell my BF to just taunt tank it......i lay down my aoe heal and ignore the mechanics completely

Not as viable when we run with a Commando healer. Kolto bomb is kinda weak

The mechanic basically goes something like this:

- Power punch the tank across the room

- Pull 2 people toward him

- Channel Punishment

- People who get pulled will get hit almost every time.

It seems like no matter how far away from the droid you are when punishment goes off, you have a chance of getting hit. That doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense. The last time we played this, I was down to around 30% health so I force cammoed and ran away long before he even began channeling punishment. I was literally back by the boxes on the other side of the giant room when the next Punishment when off and was hit for like 4k damage! Is this thing really an AoE or is it hitting random people regardless of their range?

It's a long range aoe, everyone will take damage except the tank, the damage depends how close to the boss you are, the closer you are, the more damage you take.

But you will take some amount of damage no matter what. 4k damage is entirely managable.

As Scoudrel I can also overheal this (Before 1.2 buff also) the trick is that the tank do not receive that much damage over the average party member (So 4xSRM + KC do most of the healing... With the ocassional Single target heal to balance the lowest HP member).

The best strategy is not to run away:

- Less DPS applied.

- You still need to heal up some ppl. If you don't move at all you can apply higher HPS on your fellows.

The typical pug fight goes like this (You always use AOE heal after punishment, ofc):

1st Punishment. Nothing particular.

2nd Punishment. Every1 uses their defensive CDs.

3rd Punishment. Every1 uses their Medpack. On high DPS teams the boss usually dies before this 3rd Punishment.

4th Punishment. Unless some1 is badly geared they should survive by pure HP pools this one if they did all the previous steps. The Boss enrages directly after this one. If you don't manage to kill him by this time without moving, your party lack the DPS to do HMs in general.

Edited by ragamer