Will Imp PVP be better in 2.0

mjamal

I just really started PVPing on JC recently so I don't have 1000's of WZ matches under my belt, but it has been a horrific experience. True, its been mostly me running in solo queues but damn the ish is terrible. I started my PVP career 0 - 35 and was tired of getting ROFLSTOMPED by Repub pre-mades, being the only one to try and get the door on Voidstar, being the only one trying to cap nodes in CW or Novare, and listening to dumb asses talking about topping damage while getting our asses kicked and getting double capped in Hypergate to name a few of my wonderful experiences in Imp-side PVP. I would have rage quit but by dumb luck I queued with the few competent players and won a few WZ's which gave me a little hope.

With the expansion coming and effecting a gear reset and essentially a fresh start, do you think Imp PVP will improve or do I have to accept that it is what it is and there is no hope.

I just really started PVPing on JC recently so I don't have 1000's of WZ matches under my belt, but it has been a horrific experience. True, its been mostly me running in solo queues but damn the ish is terrible. I started my PVP career 0 - 35 and was tired of getting ROFLSTOMPED by Repub pre-mades, being the only one to try and get the door on Voidstar, being the only one trying to cap nodes in CW or Novare, and listening to dumb asses talking about topping damage while getting our asses kicked and getting double capped in Hypergate to name a few of my wonderful experiences in Imp-side PVP. I would have rage quit but by dumb luck I queued with the few competent players and won a few WZ's which gave me a little hope.

With the expansion coming and effecting a gear reset and essentially a fresh start, do you think Imp PVP will improve or do I have to accept that it is what it is and there is no hope.

Happens on the imp side every day it seems. Reps are more organized and they dominate the PvP scene. Solo q'n will lead you to frustration because the pugs are god awful. If you queue on the rep side, you'll get your weekly done in a few hours. Imp side will take days sometimes. Just try to group with other people and ask for help if you need it, some of us don't mind lending a hand to others. PvP dynamics will change, skills, strats, and ideas will be made, but the players will stay the same in all honesty. Don't expect a change in the player base, the only changes are that they get more buttons to push to activate skills they don't know how to use.

I retired my Sage last night and went back to my Sorcerer. Last night I went 2-1 and today was 7-4 all as a solo queue. Granted 4 of the 5 losses were horrible. And I quit 7 matches before they started (but I do this also on rep side) It seemed to me it was very similar to what I would have done on my sage. Again this is only a small sample but we will see as I will be spending way more time on my Sorcerer now.

Jenna'syyde

Its probably gonna be really bad at the start, not gonna lie. WZs will be further bracketed into 10-29, 30-54 and 55 so chances are there will be MANY more sub-50 pugs that have less skill tree tanlents and abilities as well as PvP experience. The best thing you can do is group as they mentioned, watching videos of your class and reading guides will help you as well though

Imp pvp seems to be getting better actilually there are more competant randoms now then their used to be. When 2.0 hits knock on wood soloquers should be able to win more then they used to. Obviously you are still going to have those couple losses that make you rage. But in my opinion 2.0 should be even playing ground.

Its probably gonna be really bad at the start, not gonna lie. WZs will be further bracketed into 10-29, 30-54 and 55 so chances are there will be MANY more sub-50 pugs that have less skill tree tanlents and abilities as well as PvP experience. The best thing you can do is group as they mentioned, watching videos of your class and reading guides will help you as well though

I'd say it would be somewhat better for pugs at least at the start. Now a lv 50 pug has the chance to either fight a lv 50 enemy in full wh or a lv 30 in leveling greens. Even if the bolster system is improved, the difference in abilities learned and skill point could make it easier.

I'd say it would be somewhat better for pugs at least at the start. Now a lv 50 pug has the chance to either fight a lv 50 enemy in full wh or a lv 30 in leveling greens. Even if the bolster system is improved, the difference in abilities learned and skill point could make it easier.

I cant Imagine solo queuing in the 30 - 54 bracket. with my luck (Or Karma) I will load into a warzone with 6 players level 30 to 40. If I don't find my toons a home before 2.0 goes live I'll probably just not do any PVP until I hit 55. I can't go back to lowbies as a solo queuer.

Jenna'syyde

Edited by rlamela

Only reason why Imp pvp seems to be getting better is because repiub pugs are getting worse. Especially with all the new 50's as of recent there are more and more people who magically decide to pvp and think they know what theyre doing, but when they actually don't causing more losses for repubs. Its come to the point where I don't want to solo que anymore.

In my opponion, both sides are experiencing an influx of new players. As a result, the gear levels are unbalanced. In the past, the "founders" we're able to gear their toons at a similar pace and this allowed for a more competitive wz experience. Most wins were not so much based on gear but skill and group cohesion. Now, we are experiencing wz's that consist of a mixture of 5-6 fresh 50's and vets. When a group of this make up goes up against an opposing team that consists of a premade, the wz usually ends in defeat. It it goes up against a well polished premade....face roll normally ensues.

Do I get frustrated??? Absolutely!!! Are the imp pugs getting better???? Yes!! Do I see a light at the end of the tunnel??? Of course!!

I think what we need to keep in mind here is that these new 50's may not be "bad" players. They are under geared and trying desperately to catch up. Ultimately, when that happens, things will hopefully balance again and the competitiveness in the wz's will increase!

I for one am excited to see the increase in server population and wz participation.

The past two nights, I have logged onto all of my lvl 50 imp toons and pug'd like no one has ever pug'd before.

Deterrence - my new Jugg - recruit and 4 pieces of WH - W4 L7

Unusual - Assassin - battlemaster gear and 2 pieces of WH - W2 L1 (only played one night)

Tyranticus - Marauder- geared - W6 L4

Ring'o - Merc - geared - W4 L2

Maxxus - Powertech - geared - W2 L4 (only one night)

Sadistic - Sorc - geared - W2 L4 (only one night)

totals: W20 L22

Now, I declined all guild invites for groups the past two nights and have been accused of being anti-social....LOL....but I was interested in seeing why the perception was so negative towards the imp side. I really don't see what the big deal is. I expect to win some and lose some nightly......I never expect to win them all.

The past two nights, I have logged onto all of my lvl 50 imp toons and pug'd like no one has ever pug'd before.

Deterrence - my new Jugg - recruit and 4 pieces of WH - W4 L7

Unusual - Assassin - battlemaster gear and 2 pieces of WH - W2 L1 (only played one night)

Tyranticus - Marauder- geared - W6 L4

Ring'o - Merc - geared - W4 L2

Maxxus - Powertech - geared - W2 L4 (only one night)

Sadistic - Sorc - geared - W2 L4 (only one night)

totals: W20 L22

Now, I declined all guild invites for groups the past two nights and have been accused of being anti-social....LOL....but I was interested in seeing why the perception was so negative towards the imp side. I really don't see what the big deal is. I expect to win some and lose some nightly......I never expect to win them all.

I'd say this is my experience, roughly. However, the losses are a lot more lopsided than the wins (typically). Do you have a sense of that?

I can't predict how things will go for Imps come 2.0, but I've begun queuing on my 50s this past week, after ~2 month hiatus, and I'd say it''s better than it used to be. Could it be that the pubs have gotten worse? Perhaps. Or maybe the talent level and team oriented play as a whole has risen on Imp side. I recall one Huttball match I pugged on my marauder where our team won decidedly against a quite decent pub team. It certainly didn't hurt us that we had 2 guys from Uncensored on our team :p ... but the pubs had a premade of their own (can't recall the guild tag).

That said, last night I pugged on my freshly dinged Vanguard and on my Sentinel and went 6W-2L or something. It's not like the Imps didn't have some good players queuing either. It really depends on who's in the queue at that moment you get a pop. And not getting hosed with a bad team composition.

The common thread in all matches I won though - regardless of faction - was because my team had the strongest healer(s). Matches I lost were because we had no healer or inexperienced heals. In 2.0 it'll be no different I'd guess.

Edited by detora

I don't get it, I've played in the past weeks and have Lost a lot of WZ fights, at least the WZs I've been in. Sure We (The Repub Side) usually win, it's not always the case. take some of my Guildies which are just doing WZs for the good XP to get to 50, and they are very good as they are Pistoleers it's not surpriseing that they kill so many ppl.

It's like Pistoleers are the Sorcs, and can be Op'd imo, and i'm a Commando. But when they're on the Republic usually wins, as they know what skills to get. Me as a Commando don't know what skills usually to take les unless I know to get more Endurance and Alacrity in my trees. Me alone I get more kills alone, but when I'm with my Guild I suck like hell and get at most 2-15 kills at most, and i'm a so called Commando, lol.

But with me whatever WZs i'm in it goes back and forth from Republic side them the Imp side. Sure I hate getting killed a lot sometimes more so if i'm with a Guildie and I know they have to think I suck, which makes me want to leave and go Solo so I can get more kills like I should be. I think all the Warzones are balanced, sometimes the Repubs win and sometimes the Imps win and slaughter us Repubs. So I don't get why the Imperials are loseing all the times when it's they're totally Balanced to me with the Imps winning just as much, or more so in my experience as a lvl 31 or 32 right now.

well im an imp, and on my lvl 46 mara atm i have 146 pvp wins, so its not all doom and gloom, and only some of them are run with guildies, most of my pvp i am so que. So head up imp, use stims, get good gears even at lowbie lvls and you will win more.

you normaly see in Pub group lots of people with over 13k life in lowbie pvp, were as us imps you see lots of people with 10-11k health in lowbie pvp, gear dose help, although skill is more important, on all my toons, from lvl 11-49 i will never enter a pvp if i have under 12k life or 1k main stat in WZ's