Balmorra armor set?

Flying-Brian

What is the armor set (orange moddable) or sets that are available from the quests on Balmorra for troopers? And which quests have the parts as the mission rewards?

If it follows the empire/bounty hunter pattern from taris (same lvl planet as balmorra emp side).

The helmet, chest and legs should be from heroics and the gloves and boots from the planet quest and class quest.

Edited by Flying-Brian

I got the chest from Taral V flashpoint, and the legs from the commendation vendor. The craftable orange Phobium Onslaught helmet matches nicely, as do Transparisteel Onslaught gloves (don't remember where from).

I need the boots to round out my set.

• 3 weeks later...

I've done some checks.

I've found 4 variations of this set of armour, so far: Powertech (metallic), Medic (orange) , Vanguard (grey) and Commando (white). The vanguard/commando parts can be obtained from:

Belt (not upgradeable) = [Heroic] Shifting Priorities

Legs = [Heroic] Justice for the Lost (Bonus Series 1, I believe)

Helmet = [Heroic] Mandalorian Terror

Gloves = [Heroic] Industrial Sabotage

Boots = [Non-Heroic] The Neutraliser (Bonus Series 2 - not repeatable)

The chestpiece for Commando can be crafted, Medic drops in Taral V. Haven't found the chest for Vanguard yet and have only seen Powertech on the GTN.

I got the chest from Taral V flashpoint, and the legs from the commendation vendor. The craftable orange Phobium Onslaught helmet matches nicely, as do Transparisteel Onslaught gloves (don't remember where from).

I need the boots to round out my set.

The gloves are from the end reward for the Tattooine Czerka quest line.

I picked up the chest from Balmorra, and ended up with a head drop from a box reward somewhere along the line. It's slightly different than the head shown in the pics earlier in the thread, with a bit of color. I'm using the Transparisteel gloves right now too, it's a nice look to me.

• 3 weeks later...
I've done some checks.

I've found 4 variations of this set of armour, so far: Powertech (metallic), Medic (orange) , Vanguard (grey) and Commando (white). The vanguard/commando parts can be obtained from:

Belt (not upgradeable) = [Heroic] Shifting Priorities

Legs = [Heroic] Justice for the Lost (Bonus Series 1, I believe)

Helmet = [Heroic] Mandalorian Terror

Gloves = [Heroic] Industrial Sabotage

Boots = [Non-Heroic] The Neutraliser (Bonus Series 2 - not repeatable)

The chestpiece for Commando can be crafted, Medic drops in Taral V. Haven't found the chest for Vanguard yet and have only seen Powertech on the GTN.

Close. The Vanguard Elite Upgrade chest is the reward for completing the Bonus series.