Community team communicating

iamthehoyden

Just wanted to send a quick thank you to the Community Team for maintaining the level and quality of your interactions with the community. I'm sure there have been a few bumps in the road, but I hope that the change has been positive on your side of things. I certainly would like to see it continue. This has been very very positive.

It's certainly a vast improvement on what we had before (which was not a lot), but it could be better in some areas - of course it's more likely that those areas are ones where they actually don't have information, whereas before it felt like they weren't conveying information because of, hrm...

Yes. Is good.

• Dev Post
Definetly an improvement, still looking for my issues to be addressed tho.

It's certainly a vast improvement on what we had before (which was not a lot), but it could be better in some areas - of course it's more likely that those areas are ones where they actually don't have information, whereas before it felt like they weren't conveying information because of, hrm...

Yes. Is good.

Hey Jonoku and Tatile! I know for your respective issues (character transfers and SGRA) you are definitely vocal and it is not lost on us, don't worry. I am always making sure to check in on your issues and will report on anything once I have more information. I don't want you to think I am ignoring them, I just don't have anything new to communicate yet.

-eric

[...] I just don't have anything new to communicate yet.

Any news on the translation of the new board rules ?

I mean... you know... you said something of them being in the process of translation... two days ago...

It is not exactly a whole book of law to translate... it is just one page.

I admit, that I have a hard time cheering for a community team, when they constantly give me the feeling, that the only info posted in german and french boards are the assurances, that we shall not be forgotten.

Edited by JPryde

Hey Jonoku and Tatile! I know for your respective issues (character transfers and SGRA) you are definitely vocal and it is not lost on us, don't worry. I am always making sure to check in on your issues and will report on anything once I have more information. I don't want you to think I am ignoring them, I just don't have anything new to communicate yet.

-eric

I'm talking about before the hand-over, but more communication from you and your team on those and other long standing issues (chief among those being the APAC servers, those guys need love) would be very much appreciated.

I imagine you still have Uluain's list floating around somewhere. If that could ever be addressed, we'd very much like that as well.

Edit: Also not as vocal as I used to be - you managed to successfully distract me with skimpy male gear for the time being.

Edited by Tatile

• Dev Post
Any news on the translation of the new board rules ?

I mean... you know... you said something of them being in the process of translation... two days ago...

It is not exactly a whole book of law to translate... it is just one page.

I will be posting them shortly, again apologies for the delay. This was unfortunately a part of the localization issues we ran into that I mentioned earlier in the day.

-eric

Thank you Eric. As someone who cares a lot about SGRAs, it's so refreshing to at least hear you guys admit that you know how important this is to us. That you recognized Tatile gives me hope that you really are paying attention, not just paying lipservice. (I know you could have just looked at posting history, but I like giving you the benefit of a doubt.)

I really hope you can get back to us with some information on the teams thoughts on SGRAs with companions, especially current companions. A lot of us aren't looking for promises, we just want to know if it's even in the cards.

Thanks again, and keep up the good work. The communication across the board from your team has been a massive improvement, and I personally appreciate that quite a bit.

What about the things I am vocal about? :l I swear I'll leave those forums forever once I get a hood toggle...

D'aww, I'm sure the hood toggle will be coming soon :) Likely sooner than our companion romances, and you did receive the information that it requires new art to be done right, which is something.

What about the things I am vocal about? :l I swear I'll leave those forums forever once I get a hood toggle...

I've always thought a good temp fix would be to release helms that look like hoods so you could hide helm or not depending on your mood. And with color match in the game, it could look rather nice.

I've always thought a good temp fix would be to release helms that look like hoods so you could hide helm or not depending on your mood. And with color match in the game, it could look rather nice.

There would have to be a note on the item itself that those helms wouldn't work for Twi'leks - or you end up with a really freaky situation where our lekku are cut off, but you can still see our faces D:

• Dev Post

Maybe I shouldn't have targeted my point so directly :rak_03:

Basically what I mean is that any issues that are prominent on the forums, such as the ones I already listed along with things like hood toggle, etc. are things that I just want to stress that we are aware of. It isn't that we are ignoring you, I promise, it is just that I don't have any updates to post, so we sometimes remain quiet.

Oh my God. I was answered! While we're here I am just going to point out that there is quite large Hood up/down toggle thread deep within the Class forum, in the Jedi Knight section. It is 102 pages long and the lads there would be surely interested in getting some new information on that after several months since the last yellow post. Hood toggle was initially to arrive "in the next major expansion after 1.2" (February Q&A, 2012) and later we were assured that it is still being in works for year. I am sure everyone would appreciate. That thread is well hidden and I wouldn't be surprised it didn't catch your attention.

It would be great to know how the progress on it is going like. Especially since EVERY Jedi Guardian (heavy armor attainable through gameplay) robe is hooded as well as most Consular robes.

Mr. Musco, try to sympathize. How would you feel if you were forced to wear clothing for the whole year but you would never be allowed to take off your hood? Would you even attempt a flirt with a girl while having your hood up? Unless you're one of them gansta brothas? :) This is an issue for a good lot of players who are trying to get into the game and become the characters they play. And there are role players, too.

So... Well, maybe it would be nice of you, Community Team, to put a little bit more pressure on the devs at this stage regarding those rather key issues like transfers, bug-fixing and features which were to arrive months(!) ago? Some were given an ETA.

I get it that you are not ignoring us, you just don't have an answer because you're not working on the game itself. Right? That's why it would be extremely nice of you to find out more out of the guys who are responsible for giving you the information to pass on. And, again, it's not just about every piece of information we want to know but things and issues which were to arrive a very very long time ago or they bother community for a very long time. Basically things which were acknowledged but weren't given an answer or solution to for months.

Anyway I am greatly impressed with your forum activity.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

-eric

Thats the problem tho Eric, the same old ******** week in week out. Months have passt, and we in APAC are still waiting for information.

People feel ignore when the issues they passionately try to communicate gets IGNORED.

Thats the problem tho Eric, the same old ******** week in week out. Months have passt, and we in APAC are still waiting for information.

People feel ignore when the issues they passionately try to communicate gets IGNORED.

Like, I realise that asking the same questions over and over for so long might get annoying. And there might be plenty of impressions that those are made by whiners and trolls. But they're there for a reason. Those issues were talked about by the developers a very long time ago. Some were even given ETA, players were anticipating. And we just wonder where those things are. They ended up being neither confirmed to arrive nor denied. That's the worst thing. Keeping players in suspense over those issues. That leads to frustration for players who then unsub because they're left on dead servers and then the developers are wondering why the subscription numbers are falling down.

To be honest I think that the devs were talking too much but at this stage at least a clear statement of whether something will happen or not would be very welcome. And it's not about things made up of players' desires but issues based on what the devs have published themselves.

We understand that certain things take time but it's not cool to leave out certain matters for months without even popping in with an update saying that "it's going to take a bit longer". Collector's Edition vendor thread received a response a year ago and I do not think an update would even happen if the players wouldn't bring that thread onto the first page. There also were a lot of sore words used and developers referred to as "liars" and worse. We're all not happy with this happening but there are limits.

My friends were complaining about issues mentioned in this thread. They're not complaining anymore. Not because they agreed with it but because they had enough. I do miss playing with them. And I do believe it happened to many players as well. While F2P attracted many new players, I do not see my old friends popping around. Most likely due to bad experiences and their loss of trust in the game!

But those were times before Eric Musco!

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Definetly an improvement, still looking for my issues to be addressed tho.

So yeh, blame the developers for not providing the Community Team with relevant information. Those guys and girls are just heralds to say it most basically. We can only beg them to put some pressure on the actual designers about the amount of information they get but there is only so much they can do.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue