Comm Conversion & Caps in 2.0 (Bioware needs to communicate)

DawnAskham

We really need a detailed post from the developers showing exactly what will happen to all of our commendations in 2.0, along with any other changes such as weekly / total / conversion caps on commendations.

I am sure a lot of people did not participate on the PTS (where some information was shared), but even those who did understand that most of the statements were along the line of 'this is our current plan' with lots of feedback from players, but nothing definitive from the developers as to what would make it live.

And for those who haven't kept up with the PTS, the last plan we saw had all of our Daily, Tionese, Columni, and Black Hole comms converted to Classic comms - typically at a very punitive ratio devaluing any commendations earned pre 2.0 significantly.

For example, on live a DG relic cost 300 Daily comms. On PTS, a DG relic cost 150 Classic comms, but all current daily comms were converted at a 4:1 ratio, effectively making the price 600 Daily comms (or double).

Another example, on live a BH chest piece cost 60 BH comms. On PTS, a Campaign (has set bonus) chest piece costs 150 Classic comms, with BH comms converted at a 1:1 ratio, more than doubling the price. Even buying the BH chest AND the Campaign armoring on live would only cost 104 BH comms on live versus 150 post 2.0.

Not to mention that all commendations converted to Classic comms are going to be capped at 800, with anything in excess simply lost (no compensation) when 2.0 goes live, and that going forward, Classic commendation will be capped at a max of 400 with a weekly earning cap of 200.

Lastly, all the individual planet commendations are converting to a new Planetary comm, at a conversion cap of 100 and a max allowed going forward of 50. Again, any comms above the conversion cap will simply disappear - no compensation.

Failure to communicate changes of this magnitude clearly, and well in advance, will only serve to disappoint and anger many players.

daily comms are 2:1, which makes the price the same as the current.

there will be a conversion cap of 800 comms max. Which means 1000 daily comms + 300 bh comms gets you that cap of 800 classic comms.

please go into the dev tracker, the conversion rate and info has been posted before.

Edited by Ifrica

daily comms are 2:1, which makes the price the same as the current.

there will be a conversion cap of 800 comms max. Which means 1000 daily comms + 300 bh comms gets you that cap of 800 classic comms.

please go into the dev tracker, the conversion rate and info has been posted before.

I was sure it wasnt 2:1 but 4:1 and i went over all dev tracker and its still same:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5913873#edit5913873

then that was changed, because i copy pasted the yellow to our guild forum the moment it was posted, and it sais 2:1 :s

Hence why I stated a clarification / highly visible post was needed... as what you stated in your response has changed (at least once), was only posted on the PTS forums (not as a main FAQ type post or link on launcher), and used phrases such as as "Please note we are still undergoing testing, so these ratios could change" which clearly means what was posted in the PTS may not be what goes live.

Edited by DawnAskham

I don't care about the conversion, i care that we get a 200 weekly cap. I fail to see the point in telling people who pay 15 bucks a month how much stuff they can earn. :mad: What exactly gives them the right to tell someone how much stuff they can earn in a game they pay monthly for? Please, some explain this crap. What freakin' yahoo at Bioware thought this garbage up? Next you'll have a time allowed cap? A credit cap? A time logged in cap? The logic if this completely defies any sanity.

I pay 15 bucks a month for a game, only to get told I will be limited on what I can earn!!!

I can see FTP people being limited, but NOT subscribers.

PEOPLE WILL PLAY THE GAME LESS WITH CAPS!!!

Edited by DarthVengeant

i don't care about the conversion, i care that we get a 200 weekly cap. I fail to see the point in telling people who pay 15 bucks a month how much stuff they can earn. :mad: What exactly gives them the right to tell someone how much stuff they can earn in a game they pay monthly for? Please, some explain this crap. What freakin' yahoo at bioware thought this garbage up? Next you'll have a time allowed cap? A credit cap? A time logged in cap? The logic if this completely defies any sanity.

I pay 15 bucks a month for a game, only to get told i will be limited on what i can earn!!!

People will play the game less with caps!!!

this!

As some folks have indicated in the thread we did recently post more specifics on exactly what this will look like when it goes live. Here are links to three of Amber's posts on the topic from yesterday:

Hope that helps!

-eric

Hi Eric, appreciate the feedback but this is still not addressing most players primary concern. Why are the caps so low? There has been no explanation on this from BioWare, only repeating the caps and conversion ratios and how we will lose comms beyond the "overflow limits". And to another concern OP mentioned, why are the conversion rates for the comms so low? As he detailed, the prices are actually going UP on many items, which seems counterintuitive seeing as the gear that Classic Comms buys will be easier to come by from FPs/OPs.

As some folks have indicated in the thread we did recently post more specifics on exactly what this will look like when it goes live. Here are links to three of Amber's posts on the topic from yesterday:

Hope that helps!

-eric

I am telling your right now sir....the hate mail is going to flow once 2.0 hits if you don't raise the cap to at least 400 weekly...for everything. Your only going to be able to buy about 2 pieces of high end gear a week, that's just utterly UNACCEPTABLE. How do you expect us to gear our companions now? What exactly are subscribers being gimped like this for? A slap in the face? The cap should be for FTP, not subscribers. Whoever thought this ridiculous low cap up should frankly be fired. It quite frankly is one of the most idiotic things I have ever seen in a game.

You guys at Bioware do not live in reality of the state of your game anymore. You ignore the things people want and have wanted since the game came out. (Armor Dye, Hood up or down, etc) You act like everything is happy flowers, but it is not. You really need to start listening to players, not your core group of testers and your biased focus group. Most of the people in my 100+ member guild would agree with my statement, so it's not just a minority. Please raise the cap!!!!

Edited by DarthVengeant

Hope that helps!

-eric

Hi, Eric, can you give us an exact breakdown of what will happen with our Unassembled Columi and Unassembled Rakata pieces?

Thanks!

Hope that helps!

-eric

Though I follow the Dev Tracker and so have picked this up, I think this is significant enough that I'm surprised that the fact that you will LOSE commendations has not be published on the launcher. I know a number of people who don't make a habit of reading the forums, which from what I've seen before posted from Bioware people, does include a substantial amount of the player base.

These caps need to be put in a Blog post and added to the Launcher BEFORE people lose their items.

My two thoughts on this is

1) What about people who dont read the forums? How angry will they be when all their comms vanish.

2) The daily, weekly and conversion rates dont seem right to me, far too low with the price of gear on pre 2.0 comms being too high. After it will be fine because classic comms can be got from dailys and space missions so people will be well equiped shortly after they hit lv 50.

I am telling your right now sir....the hate mail is going to flow once 2.0 hits if you don't raise the cap to at least 400 weekly...for everything. Your only going to be able to buy about 2 pieces of high end gear a week, that's just utterly UNACCEPTABLE. How do you expect us to gear our companions now? What exactly are subscribers being gimped like this for? A slap in the face? The cap should be for FTP, not subscribers. Whoever thought this ridiculous low cap up should frankly be fired. It quite frankly is one of the most idiotic things I have ever seen in a game.

You guys at Bioware do not live in reality of the state of your game anymore. You ignore the things people want and have wanted since the game came out. (Armor Dye, Hood up or down, etc) You act like everything is happy flowers, but it is not. You really need to start listening to players, not your core group of testers and your biased focus group. Most of the people in my 100+ member guild would agree with my statement, so it's not just a minority. Please raise the cap!!!!

Darth I agree with you on a number of concerns you mentioned, but I think you may be getting carried away a little. Demanding someone be fired for not implementing something in THEIR game they way YOU want it is over the top. However, I do agree with you that this is an inexplicable cap and limitation for paying subscribers that will negatively impact our playing experience. Limiting the amount of comms we can get weekly and total will only limit the amount of time we play and drag out how long it takes to grind for gear for ourselves and our companions.

Is the comm conversion on Tuesday the 9th or on the 14th? How it stands I am guessing the 9th since RotHC goes live that day for preorder people who did it early.

That's a good question. My guess would be the 14th though because the changes to the commendation systems are not part of RotHC, they are part of the 2.0 game update which is set for the 14th.

• Dev Post
Is the comm conversion on Tuesday the 9th or on the 14th? How it stands I am guessing the 9th since RotHC goes live that day for preorder people who did it early.

The Commendation conversions will go live on the 9th when early access starts and 2.0 goes live.