Female Sand Person Outfites

I'm ok with gender specific clothes but not ones that make me look like I'm in full Hijab

Probably what the design was made off of, but if you dont want to look like it, dont wear it :)

P.S. Its a Burka, not Hijab :p

I would like Female-style Sand Person gear, but not if it is only to be worn by females.

I am against gender-specific clothing, and I hate when armor has a gender-biased appearance on females (glittery belt) but not on males (plain belt). How I dress my characters is my problem, not anyone else's. If I want my males to have glittery waists, I should be allowed to.

I thought the sand people clothing was unisex.

Could be, I am sure any clothes technically are unisex. It is clear tho that they wear distinctive gender based clothing. I dont care if anyone wants to use the female sand persons outfit on a male toon. The helmet looks cool, and if they want to use it for x reason, then let them use it.

I disagree with any gender specific clothing.

http://i.imgur.com/BWvVt.jpg

I don't think you understand what is being asked here. The Sand People, according to the canon, have different outfits based on gender. The OP isn't saying there should be a strictly female specific armor set, he or she's saying we should get the female Sand People outfits that are similar to the outfits in both KOTOR and Attack of the Clones as pictured here:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060313012001/starwars/images/b/bf/Tusken_female.jpg

http://www.princessartemis.com/images/mods/femaletusk.jpg

Does not have to be a social justice issue.

I have always been in 100% full support of this idea! More Sand People stuff please!

Edited by GoldSting

I don't think you understand what is being asked here. The Sand People, according to the canon, have different outfits based on gender. The OP isn't saying there should be a strictly female specific armor set, he or she's saying we should get the female Sand People outfits that are similar to the outfits in both KOTOR and Attack of the Clones as pictured here:

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20060313012001/starwars/images/b/bf/Tusken_female.jpg

http://www.princessartemis.com/images/mods/femaletusk.jpg

Does not have to be a social justice issue.

I have always been in 100% full support of this idea! More Sand People stuff please!

1: According to cannon, they only way to get any sandpeople clothing without being a sandperson is to kill them and strip their dead body. As of yet we have no idea what a sandperson or a Jawa looks like with the hood off, so we can not play as sandpeople.

2: In the real world, if a woman wants to wear masculine clothing it is allowed, if a male wants to wear female clothing it is allowed. Having both sets, is fine. But restricting wear based on gender, or making the model significantly different when worn by different genders is wrong.

3: It's not about social justice, it's about doing the right thing.

1: According to cannon, they only way to get any sandpeople clothing without being a sandperson is to kill them and strip their dead body. As of yet we have no idea what a sandperson or a Jawa looks like with the hood off, so we can not play as sandpeople.

2: In the real world, if a woman wants to wear masculine clothing it is allowed, if a male wants to wear female clothing it is allowed. Having both sets, is fine. But restricting wear based on gender, or making the model significantly different when worn by different genders is wrong.

Good lord...

So you are saying people can wear whatever they want, but we cant play as sand people. I never said once restrict it to female toons, all I said was to add more variety to the sand person clothing. My sniper is a sand person, I dont pretend to rollplay as a sand person, Its just cosmetic for me. I would like to have a female sand person, but I do not wish to wear the normal sand person outfit, as from what we know, the female sand people wear different armor and I like the different look.

did you literally not just read what me or the OP posted in reply to you? It wouldn't be restricted by the gender of your character at all, the OP just wanted the armor design that was posted in the link.

Currently, you can already acquire sand people armor from both the Cartel Market and from a social vendor on Tatooine, so your comment about killing sand people to get their armor is moot. I guess we should take the Revan and Nihilus armor out of the game because you would have to kill Revan and Nihilus to get their armor, right?

So doing the right thing is restricting people from buying the female sand people outfits that have been established by the canon?

Good lord...

So you are saying people can wear whatever they want, but we cant play as sand people. I never said once restrict it to female toons, all I said was to add more variety to the sand person clothing. My sniper is a sand person, I dont pretend to rollplay as a sand person, Its just cosmetic for me. I would like to have a female sand person, but I do not wish to wear the normal sand person outfit, as from what we know, the female sand people wear different armor and I like the different look.

Until you can select "Sand person" as a Racial Choice, you are just wearing the aesthetics of a Sand Person. Now I get that people might need a Sand person for RP, and some may want to RP as a Sand Person, and as such having that gear avalible is a good thing. My point still stands, we have never seen under the hood, and we can't select them as a race.

did you literally not just read what me or the OP posted in reply to you? It wouldn't be restricted by the gender of your character at all, the OP just wanted the armor design that was posted in the link.

Currently, you can already acquire sand people armor from both the Cartel Market and from a social vendor on Tatooine, so your comment about killing sand people to get their armor is moot. I guess we should take the Revan and Nihilus armor out of the game because you would have to kill Revan and Nihilus to get their armor, right?

So doing the right thing is restricting people from buying the female sand people outfits that have been established by the canon?

I did, My fear is that they might put it game and put gender restrictions on it. They have done so in the past, and I fear they might do it again.

That isn't sexist. Females can wear any male armor, although I think you are hinting that you want male toons in a loincloth.

Absolutly, I want a male in the slave outfit.

Absolutly, I want a male in the slave outfit.

If you want naked guys, why don't you just use covert energy armor, or are you going for a magic mike type look? If it is the later, then why don't you use ventilated trimulative "underwear" and dye it pink?

Edited by fdbgjfdhjgkjdhsg

Until you can select

I did, My fear is that they might put it game and put gender restrictions on it. They have done so in the past, and I fear they might do it again.

But they've put so much female armor on the cartel market already that's NOT restricted by gender, what makes you believe this would be different???? My male character can wear Kreia's robes, my male character can wear Juhani's outfit.

You're kind of contradicting yourself here, because you say you want males and females to both have the same representation with outfits. What you're suggesting is actually inequality, as you see we already have male sand person armor in the game for both female and male toons, so why can't there be female sand person armor in the game for both male and female toons????

You're kind of contradicting yourself here, because you say you want males and females to both have the same representation with outfits. What you're suggesting is actually inequality, as you see we already have male sand person armor in the game for both female and male toons, so why can't there be female sand person armor in the game for both male and female toons????

An example of failure to understand or communicate, I only object if gender restrictions are applied. If there are no gender restrictions I don't care.

As to work around to the slave outfit, yes there are some, but the classic slave outfit is gender restricted still, that bugs me.

Because women, for the most part, don't have better looking and more interesting clothes than men? Yes, they do. Men and women have different lines and flow, and clothes should represent that.

I am the complete opposite. I WANT more gender specific clothing.

I agree with you on this one.