Plz, remove Umbara, Chiss and Nathema from Vet FP Daily

Pazuzuh

I can't never get the daily if these 3 pops-up, cuz people always quit when they find out its one of those 3.

Understandable. It is very difficult to complete it without a healer, or healer/tank group. And its very very hard to be completed by lowbies.

By the way, bring back terms like Story, Hard and Very hard, and separate them.

PS: Bring back Colicoid War Game to Master mode.

Are you suggesting that they change [sTORY] to [sTORY]? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

The 4.0-era terms for flashpoints were [sOLO], [TACTICAL] and [HARD]. (Operations were [???], [HARD] and [NIGHTMARE]. Nothing was ever called "Very hard", so they cannot bring that back.

Before 4.0, I don't remember what the terms were. (4.0 was released nearly four years ago, ffs!)

Before 4.0, I don't remember what the terms were. (4.0 was released nearly four years ago, ffs!)

Before 3.0 It was called: Flashpoints (story); Hard mode tier 1 and Hard mode tier 2 (which I suggest Very Hard). Because there is a huge difference between Hammer Station MM and Umbara MM, for example, so I suggest changing some names and levels to better clarify. it

And "veteran" term should be replaced, cuz Veteran Uprisings are hard, while Veteran Flashpoints are easy (chiss and umbara veteran are hard); but their versions of MM are very hard. See?

Don't know about the name change, but I agree completely with the 3 flashpoints being left out of the veteran flashpoint daily pool.

I am one of those guys you mentioned who immediately leave the group if one of them pops up, unless we are a full max lvl group and there is at least one healer and/or a tank. But even then it is an absolute mess and on the other side of the fun spectrum.

There was a time when I had nightmares hearing the phrase "For House Inrokini!" in a loop. To this day I consider A Traitor among Chiss the worst designed flashpoint in the game.

Edited by Phazonfreak

Are you suggesting that they change [sTORY] to [sTORY]? (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

The 4.0-era terms for flashpoints were [sOLO], [TACTICAL] and [HARD]. (Operations were [???], [HARD] and [NIGHTMARE]. Nothing was ever called "Very hard", so they cannot bring that back.

Story Mode, Hard Mode, (Ops) Nightmare Mode. Master Mode was an unnecessary change that could have been a welcome addition for the harder tier flashpoints or even an extra level for flashpoints. Veteran is another odd phrase with too much variation in between the content under its banner.

Don't know about the name change, but I agree completely with the 3 flashpoints being left out of the veteran flashpoint daily pool.

I am one of those guys you mentioned who immediately leave the group if one of them pops up, unless we are a full max lvl group and there is at least one healer and/or a tank. But even then it is an absolute mess and on the other side of the fun spectrum.

There was a time when I had nightmares hearing the phrase "For House Inrokini!" in a loop. To this day I consider A Traitor among Chiss the worst designed flashpoint in the game.

Ugh, that flashpoint makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

It's like... we get it, you belong to house inrokini and you are the thrawn species chiss, so you use CC like it's an auto attack because it's the only thing the game has to vaguely convey the notion of strategic thinking in NPCs. Calm down. My head is hurting from being hit over the head with it.

Story Mode, Hard Mode, (Ops) Nightmare Mode. Master Mode was an unnecessary change that could have been a welcome addition for the harder tier flashpoints or even an extra level for flashpoints. Veteran is another odd phrase with too much variation in between the content under its banner.

Agree completely. No idea why they changed this, but it doesn't make sense in its current format.

A number of guildies and myself still use the old names, except we do refer to Tacts as SM. The MM's are still referred to as HM's most of the time. Story/Vet FP's are a walk in the park, yet Vet Ops, takes on a whole new meaning. This was another unnecessary change that has no rhyme or reason. Questionable rationale in the least.

Regarding the original post, deselect the ones you would rather not run. For me, there's nothing worth the time spent running those with a pug. I don't recall what the Daily or Weekly rewards are for those, but it's probably not worth the time and gear damage in the long run, notably the time...

Edited by Pirana

Before 3.0 It was called: Flashpoints (story); Hard mode tier 1 and Hard mode tier 2 (which I suggest Very Hard). Because there is a huge difference between Hammer Station MM and Umbara MM, for example, so I suggest changing some names and levels to better clarify. it

And "veteran" term should be replaced, cuz Veteran Uprisings are hard, while Veteran Flashpoints are easy (chiss and umbara veteran are hard); but their versions of MM are very hard. See?

What? No .... before 3.0 there was no such thing as Hard mode tier 1 or Hard mode tier 2. There was no such thing as Story either. There was Normal and then there was Hard. That was it. Even then some HM FPs were harder than others (I'm looking at you Lost Island!).

What? No .... before 3.0 there was no such thing as Hard mode tier 1 or Hard mode tier 2. There was no such thing as Story either. There was Normal and then there was Hard. That was it. Even then some HM FPs were harder than others (I'm looking at you Lost Island!).

Exactly. No story mode, just normal and hard mode. Plus normal mode did work differently back then. Instead of role and level neutral groups with kolto stations sitting around the bosses like in today's veteran mode fps, you had to find a balanced and level appropriate group to run them. The difference between normal and hard mode before 3.0 was that in normal mode the damage output of the enemies was lower, there was no enrage timer on the bosses and the bosses did not have added mechanics for the group to consider skill rotation and positioning to not wipe. Apart from that they still functioned like dedicated group content without bolster and no heal supports scattered across the floor.

It was also the time when heroics were not considered Solo content and you really needed a balanced group to run a 4-man heroic.

Edited by Phazonfreak

In reality they could call it anything they want all they need is to bring them in line with all of the other Flashpoints. Instead these 3 are the poorest balanced and written (FOR HOUSE INROKINI) flashpoints in the game. They are NOT balanced for what they are supposed to be for. The Solo or Story mode is not playable, Veteran mode is closer to the old HARD mode and Master mode is more like the old Tactical mode except you need a healer and tank. But it is MUCH easier than Veteran but still is in no way balanced to what ANY of the other flashpoints are.

I agree, when I Que for Group Finder Flashpoints I uncheck those 3. I never do them in the so called Veteran mode.

BW is so fond of the Metrics that they use for observing the game. I would bet if they looked at the data for flashpoints, they would see that those 3 are the lowest played of anything in the game, even lower than replays for KOTFE / KOTET and any that do play it will usually fail repeatedly at the same Boss mobs and never complete the flashpoint.

I can't never get the daily if these 3 pops-up, cuz people always quit when they find out its one of those 3.

I'm not sure what you're getting at here. Are you specifically talking about the "daily reward"?

If everyone quits, and you can't finish the FP, that shouldn't reset the daily reward. You can simply re-queue and finish some other FP to get the daily.

If you're not concerned about the daily reward, you can click on the area where it says "22/22" and deselect Umbara, Chiss, and Nathema (and any others) from the list. You won't be eligible for the daily reward, but you also won't be put into a group for the ones you've de-selected.

BTW, I've never had any great problems finishing Umbara, but Chiss and Nathema are about 50/50 in terms of quit/success ratio. In many cases it has involved re-queuing to get replacement members**, and they have been a bit of a slog, but then again, as someone who regards most of the game as "too easy" I can't complain when something a bit tougher comes up.

** It almost sounds like you're not aware that the group leader can re-queue to get replacements.

As a side note - companions don't tend to work too well in Chiss and Nathema because they tend to stand in the "stupid".

Edited by JediQuaker

In reality they could call it anything they want all they need is to bring them in line with all of the other Flashpoints. Instead these 3 are the poorest balanced and written (FOR HOUSE INROKINI) flashpoints in the game. They are NOT balanced for what they are supposed to be for. The Solo or Story mode is not playable, Veteran mode is closer to the old HARD mode and Master mode is more like the old Tactical mode except you need a healer and tank. But it is MUCH easier than Veteran but still is in no way balanced to what ANY of the other flashpoints are.

I agree, when I Que for Group Finder Flashpoints I uncheck those 3. I never do them in the so called Veteran mode.

BW is so fond of the Metrics that they use for observing the game. I would bet if they looked at the data for flashpoints, they would see that those 3 are the lowest played of anything in the game, even lower than replays for KOTFE / KOTET and any that do play it will usually fail repeatedly at the same Boss mobs and never complete the flashpoint.

What do you meant the Solo/Story mode is not playable? When did that happen? I've taken 30+ characters through all 3 of them in Solo/Story.

What do you meant the Solo/Story mode is not playable? When did that happen? I've taken 30+ characters through all 3 of them in Solo/Story.

He might mean not playable in the sense of being frustrating to the point of being difficult to get through. That's how I felt about it when I did it on a non-stealth class (I've done it a total of two times on solo, 1 with a scoundrel and 1 on a JK. The JK was extremely tedious for me and hard to get through... the scoundrel less so because I was able to skip so much trash).

Understandable. It is very difficult to complete it without a healer, or healer/tank group. And its very very hard to be completed by lowbies.

PS: Bring back Colicoid War Game to Master mode.

As someone who has frequently quit those groups, I fully support the op's stance. PUG'ing them is almost impossible, and I don't want to spend an hour of my time trying to help, explain, and fight through the mechanics only to ultimately not complete the FP and just have wasted my time anyway.

IF group make up is good from the queue pop, I'll give them till the 1st boss to decide to stay or not. But yeah, I really feel bad for new players trying to get these done through group finder.

Edited by Holocron

He might mean not playable in the sense of being frustrating to the point of being difficult to get through. That's how I felt about it when I did it on a non-stealth class (I've done it a total of two times on solo, 1 with a scoundrel and 1 on a JK. The JK was extremely tedious for me and hard to get through... the scoundrel less so because I was able to skip so much trash).

Eh, the constant "For House Inrokini" is irritating but I've done them on every single class and never found them to be difficult or frustrating on solo/story (most of my characters being in purple 230 gear at the time). However, to be fair I did take the time to get Temple to rank 50 every single time so that may have something to do with it.

Well, out of the three of them there's really only one I will repeat now, so I can understand people dropping them in GF.

Nathema does seem to be tuned pretty high once you're finished with the story version. I have repeated that flashpoint and even my characters in 240s gear have been bolstered up to higher mastery and endurance ratings, on solo mode. It seems to be tuned way lower when you're going through as part of the story and have two companions as helpers.

Umbara is a pain not because of difficulty but because of the serious lag I've experienced on the train, to the point where my characters are dead before they even see the enemies sometimes.

Copero on the other hand was nerfed pretty significantly due to complaints IIRC and it doesn't seem any more challenging to me on solo mode than any of the SoR - era flashpoints. You don't even need to kill the medics first now. They tweaked the background barks so you're not reminded of House Inrokini every two seconds.

Eh, the constant "For House Inrokini" is irritating but I've done them on every single class and never found them to be difficult or frustrating on solo/story (most of my characters being in purple 230 gear at the time). However, to be fair I did take the time to get Temple to rank 50 every single time so that may have something to do with it.

Well... some people are annoyed by different things. What is annoying to me may not be annoying to you. And yeah, gear/companion/etc. could all be a factor in enjoyment. I recently did KOTFE 1-9 on a marksman sniper with 230 purples set bonus and found it far less tedious than I have most times doing those chapters. Partly I think because of gear level, but also just because I could suppressive fire AoE the crap out of just about everything and it went down decently fast, so it didn't feel as mind-numbing as most classes I've played it with. I also had enough defenses and passive regen that I could do most of it with companion on DPS, which always helps lessen the tedium.

Well... some people are annoyed by different things. What is annoying to me may not be annoying to you. And yeah, gear/companion/etc. could all be a factor in enjoyment. I recently did KOTFE 1-9 on a marksman sniper with 230 purples set bonus and found it far less tedious than I have most times doing those chapters. Partly I think because of gear level, but also just because I could suppressive fire AoE the crap out of just about everything and it went down decently fast, so it didn't feel as mind-numbing as most classes I've played it with. I also had enough defenses and passive regen that I could do most of it with companion on DPS, which always helps lessen the tedium.

Fair enough. I'll admit I respecced all of my tanks to dps because I found doing any content with a tank (even with a dps companion) to be rather mind numbing. My original objection was that the person I responded to said that solo/story was unplayable. To me, unplayable means it's broken and simply cannot be played ... which is untrue in the case of these solo/story flashpoints. They may not like playing them but that doesn't mean they're unplayable.

• 1 month later...