Imperial Agent Companions

Wandur

I decided to bring the info I've gathered during the SWtOR withdrawal from beta to EGA on companions to here. Some may find it quite useful and I'm sure a lot already know most of it or have a site they'll go to and check if they need the info.

The following info is for lazy people like myself that prefer having one site to go to for their information instead of a million ;)

For each Imperial Agent companion I'll list their possible role, the gear they can use, their personality, what they like/dislike, if it's possible to romance them and who the voice actor was.

Note: This list may not be up to date, if you notice any errors please let me know so I can update it. If you have any suggestions about adding other info or in general, please leave a comment.

And last but not least, I'll put this in a spoiler because it a) kinda is a spoiler and b) the list is huge.

Kaliyo Djannis:

Recruited: On Hutta at around lvl 10

Role: Tank or DPS

Primary Stat: Aim

Primary Weapon: Blaster Rifle or Blaster Pistol

Secondary Weapon: Shield Generator

Personality: Dark

Romance: Yes

Likes (in chat):

• Disrespecting authority
  • Casual violence
  • Anarchy for the fun of it

Dislikes (in chat):

• Self sacrifice for the greater good
  • Sincerity
  • Obedience
  • Patriotic spirit
  • Being taken advantage of

Loves (Companion Gifts):

• Luxury
  • Underworld Goods
  • Weapons

Likes (Companion Gifts):

• Military Gear
  • Technology

Crewskill Bonus(es):

• +10 Armstech Efficiency
  • +2 Underworld Trading Cirtical

Voice Actor: Tasia Valenza

Special Abilities:

[*]Starts with the following abilities: Guard Stance, Distract,Charged Shot

[*]Level 09: Storm

[*]Level 11: Sniper Sight

[*]Level 13: Frag Grenade (Note: Obviously breaks CC, so turn it off if you’re using CC)

[*]Level 17: Defensive Blast

[*]Level 23: EMP Blast (Also breaks CC)

[*]Level 29: Flaregun

[*]Level 35: Deploy Shields (She uses this automatically (if set to auto use) when she’s at low health)

Vector Hyllus:

Recruited: On Alderaan at around lvl 30 (doing every possible quest, I got him at 32)

Role: Melee DPS

Primary Stat: Willpower

Primary Weapon: Electrostaff

Secondary Weapon: Generator

Personality: Light

Likes (in chat):

• Diplomacy
  • Helping People
  • Exploring alien culture

Dislikes (in chat):

• Greed
  • Cruelty
  • Prejudice
  • Anti-Alien sentiment

Loves (Companion Gifts):

• Cultural Artifacts
  • Imperial Memorabilia
  • Courting (from females)

Likes (Companion Gifts):

• Luxury
  • Trophies
  • Weapons

Crewskill Bonus(es):

• +5 Bioanalysis Efficiency
  • +5 Diplomacy Cirtical

Voice Actor: Ifran Meredith

Doctor Eckard Lokin:

Recruited: On Taris at around lvl 33 (I got him at 35)

Role: Healer (can transform into a Rakghoul and act as a DPS in this form

Primary Stat: Cunning

Primary Weapon: Blaster Pistol

Secondary Weapon: Vibroknife

Personality: Grey

Romance: No

Likes (in chat):

• Clever Solutions
  • Long term thinking
  • Technology
  • Pragmatism

Dislikes (in chat):

• Ideology
  • Honesty
  • Selfish actions without clear long term gain

Loves (Companion Gifts):

• Luxury
  • Military Gear
  • Technology

Likes (Companion Gifts):

• Republic Memorabilia
  • Imperial Memorabilia
  • Underworld Goods

Crewskill Bonus(es):

• +15 Biochem Efficiency
  • +10 Investigation Efficiency

Voice Actor: Anthony Cochrane

Ensign Raina Temple:

Recruited: On Hoth at around lvl 36 (I got her at 40)

Role: Ranged DPS

Primary Stat: Cunning

Primary Weapon: Blaster Pistol

Secondary Weapon: Blaster Pistol

Personality: Light

Likes (in chat):

• The Empire
  • The Sith
  • Honor

Dislikes (in chat):

• Cruelty
  • Casual violence
  • Selfishness

Loves (Companion Gifts):

• Military Gear
  • Imperial Memorabilia
  • Courting (from males)

Likes (Companion Gifts):

• Luxury
  • Republic Memorabilia
  • Weapons

Crewskill Bonus(es):

• +10 Scavenging Efficiency
  • +2 Armormech Cirtical

Voice Actor: Georgia Van Cuylenburg

Scorpio:

Recruited: On Belsavis at around lvl 43 (possible to get "her" at 40 if you rush trough, I personally got her at 43)

Role: Tank

Primary Stat: Aim

Primary Weapon: Electrostaff

Secondary Weapon: Shield Generator

Personality: Dark

Romance: nope

Likes (in chat):

• Learning and gaining new tech
  • Selfishness
  • Killing threats

Dislikes (in chat):

• Self Sacrifices
  • Duty
  • Wastefulness

Loves (Companion Gifts):

• Technology
  • Weapons

Likes (Companion Gifts):

• Cultural Artifacts
  • Military Gear
  • Trophies

Crewskill Bonus(es):

• +10 Cybertech Efficiency
  • +2 Slicing Cirtical

Voice Actor: Deborah Unger

Something to keep in mind when getting a new companion is, that they usually don't have much equipment. So make sure to save some good stuff for them if you want to switch.

Update: Added their locations and at what level you may get 'em, also added info on Doctor Lokin (thanks to John-Gerald)

Update 2: Changed some info on Lokins transformation since I can not confirm that he can tank. Also added a hint about their gear (thanks to Darthgrace)

Update 3: Took the tank info about Doc Lokin out, because it's outdated and/or just not true. Also added Kaliyos possible abilities as a test, if people like that, I'll add it to every class. The ability info is from torhead.com so that credit goes to them

Update 4: Changed the romance info to a simple yes or no, since apparently the restrictions are either outdated or simply false. Also updated the crewskill bonuses on Scorpio, thanks for reminding me to Nessirin

Now if a mod could move this to the general Imperial Agent forums instead of here, that would be awesome ;) (I even say please!)

Edited by Wandur

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should just be under IA not operative

Why there are 2 light side romances and not 2 dark side romances is beyond me. If anything every single empire class should have one for each.

Edit: nm, you were talking about female romance.

Edited by scrynen

You might want to add where (and at what level) you will find them.

Kaliyo Djannis - Hutta - lvl 10ish

Vector Hyllus - Aldaraan - lvl 30ish

Doctor Eckard Lokin - Taris - lvl 33ish

Ensign Raina Temple - Quesh - lvl 36ish

Scorpio - Belsavis - lvl 48ish

levels are based on the level of the area. You might be able to get them a bit earlier.

You might also want to add that the Doctor can morph into a tank-raghoul

oh that is a bot disappointing, only one romance possible for female toons and that one light sided.

seems a bit unfair really

Eh dark/light sided doesn't really matter. It's their base personalities that matter more. I'm full light (Light III now!) with Kaliyo(listed as "dark") and she agrees with nearly everything I do.

i wonder.. if you follow dark path can you normally use light followers and jsut "bribe" them with gifts? or they simply wont join you ?

Your light/dark alignment has very little impact if you choose the right dialog options to gain affection with a particular companion, outside of your light/dark choices. Light/Dark choices also will rarely cause you to lose affection, and when they do it's very little. Building companion affection is not remotely difficult if you know their likes/dislikes.

So, finally got the Doc myself, is his tanking form a higher level one or am I missing something? (at 35 he has the healer form and a DPS form, the DPS form being the rakghoul which decreases threat generation by 25%)

And, since I'm getting more and more of them, what would you guys think of adding their special abilities? (e.g. for Kaliyo the grenade, her 2 stances, ae taunt, etc)

I would bet that in beta the doc rakghoul form may have been for tanking and was since changed to dps in the release version. I'm liking using him as my main companion, geared him out pretty well now he heals like a champ. I would certainly recommend filling his empty gear slots before using him as most of it is empty when you first get him.

Having a hard time here chosing a companion. I just got Ensign Temple and am lvl 40 sniper. Have been using Vector all the while. He has been great, but at times I feel like he is week, to be honest a tanky companion is more ideal for IA. Should I go for Ensign Temple then? Im sick of having to organize all the gears for all my companions >< and just wanted to focus on one!

Having a hard time here chosing a companion. I just got Ensign Temple and am lvl 40 sniper. Have been using Vector all the while. He has been great, but at times I feel like he is week, to be honest a tanky companion is more ideal for IA. Should I go for Ensign Temple then? Im sick of having to organize all the gears for all my companions >< and just wanted to focus on one!

I'm 45 right now, have all 5 of them, and the only companion I use is Doc. For levelling it's great, I never have to stop and heal up, gold elites 3-4 levels above me are cake, most of my levelling is done in zones 2-3 levels above me and I have no problem with doc, I tried others such as the tank Scorpio, but she just doesnt have the longevity, having to heal after every pull, and dying to many gold elites even after gearing her up with blues and purples. And the great thing about doc, gearing is easy, when I get a slight upgrade, I put my old piece on him, so he is decked out with orange, blue, and purple gear and heals like a champ. Soloing is easy with him in his healing stance.

Actually Vecotr is romanceable, you just need to make diplomatic and "helpful" choices when you have him out. I am darkside 3 and he thinks I am the bees knees (9275/10000). I put him away when it will be mission turn-ins I know will tick him off. Same with Kaliyo, put her away when I will be making non-snarky decisions. Thus far I have used Kaliyo the most, all the way up until SCORPIO. You just need to shift the way you work with her a bit and she works out pretty well (use of stuns, etc.). Edited by Ferencze

got doc recently,geared him a bit and i just dont seem to be able to work with him.

Sure heal is nice but he has no damage and coz i tank cant use backstab, drop in dps is huge. SO while i need to heal Kaliyo its still faster then having so much lower kill speed (maybe on green mobs doc is better ...) - hint outdoors mounting reset hp so it can be used as fast heal .

+doc has no aoe and as we dont have much aoe this turns out bad.

Finally elites - if i just tank the elite doc cant rly keep me up so i need to drop a heal on myself too .... this makes the fight loooooong . With Kaliyo i just nuke the elite and drop few healls on her (3-5) due to incisive action it doesnt rly lower my dps. Or i jsut can let her die and res after . With her the kill is like twice faster?

so i dont rly know how you guys play that doc is so good for you...

Edited by Crawler

Well the Doctor is using my old gear every time I upgrade, so he heals for a lot. Most of the time, I can't back stab unless I stun them. Acid blade, things melt quick. Operative is truly a late game class, people weren't kidding. The higher you get, the stronger you are in melee. I haven't had any troubles with elites but I also have biochem so my consumables also heals my companion (Pro tip - it can battle rez your companion).

With Kaliyo i just nuke the elite and drop few heals on her.

I'm a medic and I love Kaliyo. Expand her mini ability bar to one of our side bars, toggle on or off AOEs as needed so you dont break CCs and adds stick to her like glue. Make sure to have her Taunt disabled so you can use it as needed.

In areas where you can AOE, her Frag grenade along with ours, makes short work of groups.

Again, this is from a medic's point of view. A sniper or McStabby might not enjoy her as much.