I need some refined isotope stabilizer, and it's too expensive on GTN so it looks like I need to do some ops. I got kicked out of a fp group last time I tried multi-player because I got some loot that didn't pertain to me. Someone else needed it, got mad, and they kicked me out. What are the guidelines for loot in ops? What difference is need or greed? Do they use that?

Well, there aren't really any guidelines for ops loot. Every group has their own ruleset when it comes to loot. When we do a group f.e., whether it's a pug or full guild run, the loot is always gonna be free for all, since hardly anybody from our guild actually needs gear anymore. So you can roll "need" on every single item that drops, nobody cares.

A lot of other groups have rules however, like "you're only allowed one need-roll" (might include mats or might not) or something. Or they put the loot to "master looter" and people can roll on stuff at the very end or after each boss.

There are about as many different ways to do this as there are different groups.

And generally speaking, I'm not sure that doing ops is the way to farm iso's. If I had to do it myself, I'd do hammer station (MM) solo on a stealth character. That would be 3 iso's in about 15-20min I guess. Or if MM-fp's are to hard you could also solo one on veteran mode, but I think only the endboss drops one in vm (not sure though, I hardly do vm-fps). But that still seems a more reliable way to get iso's than doing ops, where you might very well be spending 60-90min and walk away empty handed.

And generally speaking, I'm not sure that doing ops is the way to farm iso's. If I had to do it myself, I'd do hammer station (MM) solo on a stealth character..

HS is a pain to solo even in veteran mode, with the final boss constantly throwing circles at the companion. Best way to do it is when you are the healer.

The quickest MM flashpoint to solo as a stealther is red reaper. (Just go to the other side of the final room so the adds won't root you)

Edited by Mubrak

Use a melee companion and your circle-problem is fixed, simple as that ;)

In Vm I can do HS in about 10min as a stealth class. In MM the bosses take a bit longer, but the droids don't have stealth detection, so you only have to kill the bosses.

And yes, red reaper is probably a solid choice as well.

Taral V would also be a good one in vm, because you basically only have to kill 2 bosses and like one add group in the entire fp.

Edited by mrwayn