Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The weird people you meet in Group Finder.

JulWolle
02.11.2021 , 05:47 AM | #10111
Quote: Originally Posted by SoontirMorillo View Post
And the solution is, to get a overpowered companion instead of getting gud? I think, this case is the prime example, why we should not allow people to get their companion out. People need to learn the lesson, that they are bad, and should not be allowed to queue for group content unprepared. When you have a level 75 with you, who can't do damage, and can't kill the boss on his own, he should know. It's sad, when a level 20 is the one, who does all the work in a flashpoint and most of the damage too. But getting a companion out, does not help at all. These players are still out there, but now they know, that their performance is not enough.

You should very well know, that "i get my companion out", is the starting point for people, who later say things like "master mode hammer station needs a level requirement of level 75 and a gear requirement of 306, fully augmentet".
It is not about getting good but getting it done. When i lsit a vet fp for whatever reason, e.g. farming tech frags, and someone drops out i will pull out a heal comp and after that it is way more relaxing especially on KDY where the endboss is insanely imbalanced. I can easily (unless on low lvl chars) solo those bosses, but why should i if i can have a companion... those are just vet fps, the reason you run them is to get them done not for the challenge...

DeannaVoyager
02.11.2021 , 06:41 AM | #10112
And the solution is, to get a overpowered companion instead of getting gud? I think, this case is the prime example, why we should not allow people to get their companion out. People need to learn the lesson, that they are bad, and should not be allowed to queue for group content unprepared. When you have a level 75 with you, who can't do damage, and can't kill the boss on his own, he should know. It's sad, when a level 20 is the one, who does all the work in a flashpoint and most of the damage too. But getting a companion out, does not help at all. These players are still out there, but now they know, that their performance is not enough.

You should very well know, that "i get my companion out", is the starting point for people, who later say things like "master mode hammer station needs a level requirement of level 75 and a gear requirement of 306, fully augmentet".
Why should I spend my time waiting for people to "get good"? That question is not just for KDY btw, it covers all content. Where in ToS does it state that I am supposed to use my paid game time for that? If I've already spent 20 minutes clearing up to the last boss, and it's obvious the group won't kill it, I think it's fairly reasonable to use a companion to get it done and move on, than getting another lowbie and spend 20 minutes more wiping, just because lowbies don't have enough abilities or skill to survive it yet. It's KDY, not a progression raid.

You also conveniently ignored my first sentence: "Maybe you haven't done KDY with lowbies lately...". Because you clearly don't know what you're talking about. Please go solo KDY with a bunch of lowbies and without a companion, because that seems to be what you are demanding other people to do, and soloing it is exactly what you would be doing with lowbies because they go from full HP to splat! when the boss even looks at them.

Just for the record, I couldn't care less on people's gear rating in most MM FPs. When 6.0 launched, we went to MM fps as lvl 70 and item rating 258 to get the gear and had no problems. So we agree on that one: gear doesn't matter.
My referral link, if anyone wants: http://www.swtor.com/r/mknnK6

bgstranger
02.11.2021 , 12:28 PM | #10113
Why is KDY annoying?
Are you serious?
Point me one person who likes endless trash pulls, because KDY it's all there is. It's like a fp version of KoTFE. The only nice thing there are bosses, but like DeannaVoyager said - they are unbalanced and sometimes Sith / Jedi can take more than 10 minutes for lowbies if there is no wipe. And for the person who holds aggro it's VERY annoying to just walking between the 2 kolto stations.

I was on your side, because i've always prefer to queue for another palyer if someone drops, but not for KDY - I want to just chain pull and finish it as fast as possible, and healer companion is the right call in that situation.

SoontirMorillo
02.11.2021 , 01:00 PM | #10114
Quote: Originally Posted by bgstranger View Post
Are you serious?
Point me one person who likes endless trash pulls, because KDY it's all there is.
What's so bad about the trash pulls in KDY? Prison scenario you kick the trash down from second to first floor to pull the complete room and kill them in big aoe. I've never cleared two floors with trash mops faster, than in KDY.

MagicTerror
02.11.2021 , 02:53 PM | #10115
What's so bad about the trash pulls in KDY? Prison scenario you kick the trash down from second to first floor to pull the complete room and kill them in big aoe. I've never cleared two floors with trash mops faster, than in KDY.
Trash pulls are bad when they're not inserted in moderation; that's because they're space and time fillers ONLY, to make it feel like you're accomplishing something killing the 100th mob of "Inrokini!!!" chiss with one hand on your keyboard and another on your RL sandwich, and it often just means that the devs are too devoid of ideas to make more of the flashpoint challenging enough to deserve a loot box. If the loot for killing them was worth something significant, speed grinders would just hop in and out of phases quick-killing as much trash as they could (which is exactly why they had to get rid of certain Ops trash or the XP that came with killing it, KP and Bestia come to mind)

When you think about how many separate combat mobs are in flashpoints and operations that are not bosses, only about 10% of enemies in all the content are worth fighting, that proportion is even LESS for KDY because only one fight gets you ANY reward worth working for. Quantity and not quality is the name of the game for the people who make these phases lately and some of us are getting sick of it.

SoontirMorillo
02.11.2021 , 03:42 PM | #10116
Quote: Originally Posted by MagicTerror View Post
Trash pulls are bad when they're not inserted in moderation; that's because they're space and time fillers ONLY, to make it feel like you're accomplishing something killing the 100th mob of "Inrokini!!!" chiss with one hand on your keyboard and another on your RL sandwich, and it often just means that the devs are too devoid of ideas to make more of the flashpoint challenging enough to deserve a loot box. If the loot for killing them was worth something significant, speed grinders would just hop in and out of phases quick-killing as much trash as they could (which is exactly why they had to get rid of certain Ops trash or the XP that came with killing it, KP and Bestia come to mind)

When you think about how many separate combat mobs are in flashpoints and operations that are not bosses, only about 10% of enemies in all the content are worth fighting, that proportion is even LESS for KDY because only one fight gets you ANY reward worth working for. Quantity and not quality is the name of the game for the people who make these phases lately and some of us are getting sick of it.
I never felt this way about trash mobs in KDY. Strange. I have more trouble to understand a flashpoint like Taral V. Where you can avoid absolutely every single trash group in the flashpoint, and on top of that you can skip almost all bosses as well. I really don't see the point in that.

Zechalakazam
02.12.2021 , 10:46 AM | #10117
Quote: Originally Posted by JulWolle View Post
those are just vet fps, the reason you run them is to get them done not for the challenge...
Basically this, its not about “get gud” but just time efficient like I said in my first post. Some people have limited time to play and like those people, I rather have companion than having lowbies replacement.

demotivator
02.13.2021 , 06:39 AM | #10118
As our group leader, the Level 75 DPS decides that we don't need a new teammate and takes out his Level 50 Companion. „You have to kick me, because there is no way, i risk getting a worse teammate, than my companion. I'm here to get this flashpoint done, and my companion is superior.“.
Truth is that is very often the case.

I was doing MM Mando Raiders a few weeks ago, one of the rare times where I wasn't healing. The tank was clearly unexperienced, having difficulties to taunt back the first boss and bringing him to the beasts, not LOSing the Boarding Party to gather them up, letting the bonus boss on the loose chasing people.

We finally get to the last boss, he's completely ignoring the turrets so the second turret is annoying the hell out of the healer and obviously he's pushing the boss to the next corner: dead healer, dead party.

So before the second try, it feels like a good time to remember some basics about this fight: turrets are the priority, even the low DPS of a tank is enough to push him to next phase. Apparently that tank with less than 10% in flaspoint achievements thought he knew better and once again focuses on the boss, not even throwing an AOE taunt to take some pressure off the healer. That's once again a wipe.

So I am explaining that I am not going to waste my time, I just took the time earlier to explain that you had to leave the boss alone but he's obviously refusing to listen. And that if he doesn't want to listen, we are better off without him and with a companion. He's pissed off and leaves. I pull my companion, set her as tank, we go in and finish this with no hiccups (just a bit of micromanagement on my part to send the comp to grab agro of the turrets) and the healer's reaction: "a comp did better than him "

That's something that you seem to be missing, a companion is only good if correctly used. It's not just the case of setting your comp in a role and letting them do their thing (maybe as a healer with a few exceptions, e.g. for the first boss of Hammer Station if you have no one to cleanse the tank it's best to remove the cleanse from their rotation so that you can use the ability yourself). Same with the last boss of Mando Raiders, if I had just left her do her things chances are we would have wiped too.

A lvl 50 companion in the hands of someone who knows mechanics and how to use them is a powerful tool.
Randomizing your forums.

Adaliaya
02.26.2021 , 10:23 PM | #10119
Dxun GF. I am on my Mando DPS.

One wipe on Red, but otherwise good until Mutant Trandoshan Squad.

There, the tanks begin arguing over strategy, one tank says he refuses to take both Titax and Hissy, they end up calling each other names as we wipe three times. One RDPS is kiting fire guy, one tank on Hissy and Titax, other on ice guy, is anyway the strategy everyone settles with, with Hissy being killed first.

On our 4th go, things look promising. The Hissy tank cannot keep threat against a VG DPS, but healers manage to keep him alive, and he seems to somewhat know what he is doing and takes Hissy to tracks as he approaches 15%.

Then, when Hissy is at 16 - a Sage healer pulls the Vanguard in attempt to deaggro him and Hissy leaps after him out of the tracks and gets torpored there. Group falls apart after that.