Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Every trooper I see is body type 3. Do you think it is the best too?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Every trooper I see is body type 3. Do you think it is the best too?

Finrok
04.11.2012 , 08:55 PM | #1
I haven't seen end game armor but every trooper on my server is male bt 3. I havent seen a 2 yet, why?

Fordel
04.11.2012 , 10:36 PM | #2
I'm a body type 2 vanguard. I was a body type 3 vanguard in Beta, but I found that I looked really silly as this huge roidfreak man holding this (relatively) tiny gun.

The ladies like body type 2 better also

steveeeee
04.11.2012 , 10:41 PM | #3
for me all the armors look best on the bt3 and i just didnt want a dinky looking trooper

revial
04.11.2012 , 10:44 PM | #4
Ladies are generally best as body type 2, but sometimes body type 1 looks better, just because some Trooper armor is so thick, that it helps to compensate for the anorexic type 1 look, while making type 2 look silly due to how the leg armor is so thick it clips through each leg when you run. Mine is type 2, but tries to use the 'thinner' armor sets so as to retain her figure, which will become very plausible to do with this patch.

I would agree that body type 3 is the most popular male Trooper body type though. I find it comical in a Pixar-style way though, and can't take them seriously.

lasmith
04.11.2012 , 10:44 PM | #5
I have found, for my tastes, and YMMV, almost all heads tend to look too small on type 3 bodies on men, regardless of class or race. However, what matters is what you think, not what I think or what anybody else thinks. The only effect on playability that I am aware of is that type 3 and 4 bodies sometimes have trouble in tight spaces.
Squadron 367 and 11/26/11 and 12/2/11
PROUD BASIC EDITION CLUB MEMBER

Getting too old for this, I am.

lendarya
04.11.2012 , 11:36 PM | #6
I have a body 1 male trooper... I cant imagine him any other way. The voice matches really well and I havent found any armor yet that looks "ridiculous" on him. The only thing I don't like and have to hide is his helm but i dont like them anyway so doesnt matter to me

BlueSouthPike
04.11.2012 , 11:41 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by revial View Post
Ladies are generally best as body type 2, but sometimes body type 1 looks better, just because some Trooper armor is so thick, that it helps to compensate for the anorexic type 1 look, while making type 2 look silly due to how the leg armor is so thick it clips through each leg when you run. Mine is type 2, but tries to use the 'thinner' armor sets so as to retain her figure, which will become very plausible to do with this patch.

I would agree that body type 3 is the most popular male Trooper body type though. I find it comical in a Pixar-style way though, and can't take them seriously.
If you think Body type 3 looks silly on Male troopers, you should see 4. I've seen a few on my server, and they're always good for a laugh, especially the commandos, who start looking like Heavy Weapons Guy rather quickly.

AtomicDP
04.12.2012 , 12:13 AM | #8
I'm personally body type 2, reminds me more of the clone troopers from the movies/cartoons. I was jealous of a few body type 3's once, given that they look cool in armour, but once you get yourself a nice set of matching armour you look like a generic trooper and I love that.
THE STARSHOOTER LEGACY

fongers
04.12.2012 , 12:14 AM | #9
I picked type 3. Personal opinion only - for me the armour and assault cannon just don't look quite right on the smaller builds. The AC is already more than half the size of my character - it'd probably be even bigger than a type 1. For vanguards with the smaller blaster rifle variants type 3 does look a little ridiculous though.

Jayten
04.12.2012 , 01:14 AM | #10
2 just looks more natural to me. I mean sure being this big burly guy with heavy armor is cool and all, but I prefer the more quick and nimble look.