Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Skills reset - PT Shield. Any others?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Skills reset - PT Shield. Any others?

Ujest
06.26.2012 , 09:55 AM | #1
After updating to 1.3. logged into the the retail client on my main a BH and received the notice that my skills were reset. Do not see anything mentioned in the patch notes about a reset nor do I see anything in the notes that would have caused a reset..

What caused this? Did this happen to any others? Yes, I have logged in many times since the massive skill reset a few months ago, and logged in before and after transferring my toons in the character transfer episode.
Ujest
Chis, Bounty Hunter,
The Lighter Side of the Dark Side
The Ebon Hawk (formerly Sanctum of the Exalted)

RykerTheGrey
06.26.2012 , 12:31 PM | #2
Happened to me, no idea why ....

MandoBubba
06.26.2012 , 01:05 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by RykerTheGrey View Post
Happened to me, no idea why ....
i guess this from the patch notes:

"Tracer Lock and Light 'Em Up have swapped positions in the Skill Tree. Tracer Lock now requires Tracer Missile and Light 'Em Up now requires Tracer Lock."

??

Ujest
06.26.2012 , 02:13 PM | #4
I'll look into it, but as a PT Shield we don't have Tracer Lock, Tracer Missle and Light'em Up in our skill tree.
Ujest
Chis, Bounty Hunter,
The Lighter Side of the Dark Side
The Ebon Hawk (formerly Sanctum of the Exalted)

MandoBubba
06.26.2012 , 02:34 PM | #5
ah.

"Flame Surge now increases the damage dealt by Flame Sweep by 6% per point and causes Jet Charge to grant 1 charge of Flame Surge per point, which makes the next Flame Sweep free of cost. This skill now requires Jet Charge instead of Flame Shield."

Mektig
06.27.2012 , 02:27 AM | #6
Yep, pretty sure that skill alone is the reason. When a pre-req changes, they pretty much have to reset to cover those cases where someone doesn't meet the new requirements.
Though I find it unlikely anyone that far up the tree doesn't have jet charge...

Cashcrop
06.27.2012 , 09:28 AM | #7
Yup. We now have cheaper AoE damage debuff, but no +30% crit damage to Rocket Punch. The DPS loss is noticeable, but I like the change. Just makes sense as a tank.