Desperately looking for people to do macrobinoculars heroic - 'Dark Design'

This is a heroic 4 that you get when doing the story mission for macrobinoculars, chasing 'The Spectre'. You get this after scanning for signals at several different planets. It's set on Nar Shaddaa.

I've been stuck on this heroic for over a month now because there don't seem to be any people who've either reached this point or are interested. I've often asked at the fleet and asked, but nobody ever responds.

I've tried it with one other person and our companions, but the mobs are quite tough.

If anyone else has reached that stage, please contact me in game on either of my primary characters, Sagaros (commando) or San'aa (guardian).

The first part can be doable with 2 people if you know what you are doing but be aware that the heroic following up requires 4 people because of the puzzles.

Good luck. I always said that these heroics should be repeatable and part of a weekly to entice people to run them. If you weren't there the month they added them you're out of luck to find anyone.

Edited by demotivator

I've been stuck on this heroic for over a month now because there don't seem to be any people who've either reached this point or are interested. I've often asked at the fleet and asked, but nobody ever responds.

While I can't help you because I'm on a different server, there is one thing I found out that may be useful:

even after a character has finished this quest chain, he/she will remain able to press buttons and operate consoles for the riddles and the boss fight. So helping others is still possible, even after a player completed the quests.

One minor exception to this is picking up the parts for opening the incinerator at the beginning of the second mission, but with a 4-men group, that's no more than an inconvenience.

Maybe you have friends or guildies who can help you in this way?

Best of luck!

Edited by Hammamelis

• 3 weeks later...

OK, I am on Harbinger too and have done this one twice. First time, I helped someone else in my guild. I didn't have the quest advanced that far at the time. I was able to push certain buttons but never could find the handles as someone else said. The second time I did on my own quest with others helping me. No issues really, except some of the fights are a PITA.

I think the Heroic+4 aspect makes these very hard to complete. Both the Macrobinocular and Seeker Droid finales require multiple players and it is not easy teaming up. It took me roughly 4-5 weeks to finish them both up- but was able to do it in a weekend.

Update - I am stuck at the point that says 'Board Maki'voro's Data Skiff'. Two of my guild mates had progressed up to the final boss stage. I went with them - only to discover that they could not use the elevator from which you jump onto the skiff at the beginning. If I went into their instance, then I faced the same problem.

So this quest requires people who have all progressed only upto jumping onto the skiff. How were the rest of you able to go back inside after finishing it?

The quest is buggy. BW has acknowledged it on the known issues list. And there are multiple issues.

I have done it on multiple toons with various different groups. So I will share what I found to be working:

Whenever you start a new group or there is change of group composition, everyone should zone out, reset the quest and reset phase. Yes it sucks. But it worked 90% of the time in my experience (the 10% of the time it didn't work was when one group member was further bugged due to dc; re-logging fixed the problem eventually)

For both Shroud Revealed and Dark Design, I believe they were patched since initial release to allow players not on the quest (or completed the quest) to group up to help. But note the workaround on the bug list: "Replicator Droids are defeated only by group members who currently have the mission objective."

I tried it with a couple of guild mates who had already finished it, but they were unable to board the skiff at the start of the quest!

Reset your quest and phase, and zone in together with your guild mates. When you are at the platform, get your guild mates to click first and then you click. This should start the spectator mode cutscene for them and everyone should be aboard once the cutscene finishes.

Edited by Banegio

Unless someone goes to do jump part without us, we simply never try again.

Most stupid H4 design.

Are we playing Super Mario on bad engine with lags?

I could somehow handle it (if I am so drunk that wouldn't care at all)... but my wife totally refuse to play jump & run ones.

So 1 tank & 1 healer (or some geared DPS ones) less for those.

Edited by morfius

I agree that it was really poor design on their part. It should be obvious to even the most casual observer that nobody is going to want to do the quest twice.

If you didn't do it that first week or so, it's pretty much gg and it sucks, as I have multiple characters all on the end quest who can't finish it :(

Hell, even the repeatable ones like Aurora Cannon are hard enough to get a group for these days let alone a fairly challenging one-time quest, and Aurora Cannon's got rep attached it it :|

OP - I am on Harbinger and I really want to do this quest. Have you done it yet? If not, let me know and hopefully we can work out a time to do it.

I don't care how hard these quests are - finding a damn group is the hardest part. I sat in a group of 3 on fleet for an hour or two trying to get a fourth :(

BW: GROUP FINDER!!

PS For everyone else LFG, do you tend to try on fleet or on the planet? I haven't known where it's best to spam my LFGs.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Wow, the thread's still alive! Since I made the original post, I now have 8 characters for all classes, out of which 5 are lvl 55, and I've completed both macrobinoculars and seeker droid on exactly 2 of them. So my search still stands!

• 1 year later...
the jumping part definitely sucks. But what I did not initially realize is that if you fall to your death, at restart, there is a speeder that takes you to the next platform. So dying was no big deal, just freaking annoying.

Things may have changed since you wrote this, but I can jump to the front of the first cluster of vehicles, but don't see anyway to jump to the next cluster. Can you explain what to look for on restart after falling to find the speeder that takes you to the next platform? thx

Things may have changed since you wrote this, but I can jump to the front of the first cluster of vehicles, but don't see anyway to jump to the next cluster. Can you explain what to look for on restart after falling to find the speeder that takes you to the next platform? thx

Look for a clickable pole on the back of the next platform, clicking it will make you jump to it. See the quest guide for screenshots/videos.