Just wanted to speak my mind for once...

Neroknight

Okay so I can't be the only who thinks this: getting all the species unlocked seems like an impossible goal to me. It feels like something that takes far too long to earn and if and when you finally do, you either don't have any character slots left or you invested too much in that one character. Either way having it seems pointless.

I really want have those options soon since I plan to cancel my subscription after it renews this month (it makes no difference to me since I will cancel either way because of my circumstances at the moment).

so I had two ideas of how to make it actually achievable:

1) maybe reduce the requirements/prices to something that doesn't seem impossible for people like me

2) I've seen other mmos charge for virtual goods. I even played one that charged for in game money! so why not do that? I know I would spend at least $25 if I could get 1,000,000 credits per dollar.

I bet most people will ignore me or tell me I'm an idiot, in which case thanks of reminding me how much of a depressing nightmare my life is (yes i have problems, everyone does whether you want to admit it or not).

well that's my input anyways,

Nero Bloodtotem

"My mind is full of madness and ponies! AARGH!"

yeah I think its pretty dumb that they turned it into yet another money sink. Its that or level up a character to 50 with the race you want just so you can lvl up the toon you really wanted with that race which is just dumb. I hate how everything bioware does makes it take double what it should. Whats the point of lvling an alt just so you can lvl another alt with the race you just did? its grind after grind after grind with bioware. And isnt that exactly what bioware said they were doing away with? welcome to swtor where bioware lies about everything.

The species unlock seemed like a really good idea at first, until I realised that I rather play 8 different species than multiple characters of the same species....so yeah that got quite expensive. I bought two new species for 3 mil and it took a lot of dailies.

I wouldnt mind if they dropped the price on the unlock half a mil. If thats the case I would like my money back though...cheers.

Okay so I can't be the only who thinks this: getting all the species unlocked seems like an impossible goal to me. It feels like something that takes far too long to earn and if and when you finally do, you either don't have any character slots left or you invested too much in that one character. Either way having it seems pointless.

I really want have those options soon since I plan to cancel my subscription after it renews this month (it makes no difference to me since I will cancel either way because of my circumstances at the moment).

so I had two ideas of how to make it actually achievable:

1) maybe reduce the requirements/prices to something that doesn't seem impossible for people like me

2) I've seen other mmos charge for virtual goods. I even played one that charged for in game money! so why not do that? I know I would spend at least $25 if I could get 1,000,000 credits per dollar.

I bet most people will ignore me or tell me I'm an idiot, in which case thanks of reminding me how much of a depressing nightmare my life is (yes i have problems, everyone does whether you want to admit it or not).

well that's my input anyways,

Nero Bloodtotem

"My mind is full of madness and ponies! AARGH!"

did this guy just ask for a credit farmer? xD

I don't think the species unlock price/method is unreasonable. IMHO, if you want to make a couple of "impossible" race/class combos, it is not too difficult to get race unlocks. And honestly, I don't think they should be too easy to get anyway, since they are supposed to be less common combinations.

1.5 mil is a lot, but it is one of the few legacy unlocks I have purchased and it took me a few weeks to save for it. I figure if you really want that race as a certain class, the effort will be worth it. And if you wanted to make more than one character of that race, there's a good chance you can get the unlock by leveling one to 50 instead of buying it.

I can see how it would be daunting if you wanted to unlock them ALL, or only have legacy-combo characters. I guess I don't really understand why someone would want that though as each class has several race choices by default, so surely you can find a few standard class/race combos you like?

If you don't have a level 50 yet, or have extremely limited playtime, I can understand the frustration, though.

"Just wanted to speak my mind for once..."

Since your op advocated both pay to win and credit farming in the same post, I have only one comment/question.

How can you speak something you don't have? :rak_02:

Edited by LrdRahvin

Just FYI - if you create a character, get it to 50 to get the species unlock, you can then delete the character and still have the species unlocked. The unlock is tied to your legacy, so it's permanent on that legacy.

The current method is both fine and affordable. I can make enough to purchase an unlock in a single evening by crafting and selling goods on the GTN. I've done it twice now, for both the Zabrak and Rattataki. Additionally, I rerolled to my current server and had to earn the Twi'lek unlock in order to create my current main character. I had twice the required credits by the time I got a character to level 45. I had to wait to purchase the unlock until I attained the needed Legacy level. I had so much extra money, I purchased the Human species unlock at that time as well.

In short, 1.5 million credits is nothing. Put in a minimum of effort and you'll have it in no time.