Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Petition to nerf Remote Slicing

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Petition to nerf Remote Slicing

Toraak
01.11.2021 , 07:34 PM | #11
There is nothing wrong with Remote slicing. It gives an ability for new players to have, so they can be effective in a match.

1) Remote slicing has counterplay to it. If your constantly being sliced, you can go into a T1 Emp Field scout. They do well against slicers. You can also get into an T2 strike with Emp Missiles, these do well against Remote Slicers.

2) This means you can't fly out in the open, fly near Objects and use LoS against slicers.

And as a public forum, I definitely think this thread needs to have other viewpoints then just the original poster.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

philwil
01.12.2021 , 03:21 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Toraak View Post
There is nothing wrong with Remote slicing. It gives an ability for new players to have, so they can be effective in a match.

1) Remote slicing has counterplay to it. If your constantly being sliced, you can go into a T1 Emp Field scout. They do well against slicers. You can also get into an T2 strike with Emp Missiles, these do well against Remote Slicers.

2) This means you can't fly out in the open, fly near Objects and use LoS against slicers.

And as a public forum, I definitely think this thread needs to have other viewpoints then just the original poster.
this is basically i agree or disagree thread. thats what he means. he wants to keep it to that only. He is trying to get the attention of the devs. And if there is a ton of posts 10 miles long, they wont read it.

So yay or nay for remote slicing nerf.

Im for nerfing slicing yes.
Flux

Snuffleupagus, Sishyafiq, Baby Yodda, and many, many more

Decalin
01.12.2021 , 09:21 AM | #14
In terms of what I find most annoying, its not quite as bad as someone deciding to spam sabotage probes at you, but I do agree that it could do with being toned down a bit.

Enticy
01.12.2021 , 11:28 PM | #15
The devs arenít going to completely alter part of a game just because of one thread full of people sheepishly agreeing with one personís opinion. If that were the case, PvP wouldnít be a nuclear wasteland. Remote Slicing is absolutely fine, and thereís no need to nerf it. The ship itís on isnít particularly maneuverable or fast. Other than that one neat party trick, the T3 strike doesnít hit very hard unless youíre really accurate with light lasers. Once you run out of protorps, or the ability goes on cooldown, congrats on being a poor manís Rycer/Starguard. If youíre smart about using LoS, or staying close enough to the ship that the pilot canít fire a missile, all that slicing will have been for naught. The counters to this are many, as they are for every ship in GSF.

For the sake of not being completely contrarian, Iím going to say Ďdisagreeí. But I maintain that this thread isnít going to change anything, and it doesnít need to. People just have to learn the skills needed to play the game, rather than gnash their teeth, cry, and demand that things be nerfed or taken out left and right.
http://www.swtor.com/r/C5HCPD My referral link.

merovejec
01.13.2021 , 05:15 AM | #16
Agreed.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Referral Link

jaingskiratanuul
01.14.2021 , 05:43 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Enticy View Post
The devs arenít going to completely alter part of a game just because of one thread full of people sheepishly agreeing with one personís opinion. If that were the case, PvP wouldnít be a nuclear wasteland. Remote Slicing is absolutely fine, and thereís no need to nerf it. The ship itís on isnít particularly maneuverable or fast. Other than that one neat party trick, the T3 strike doesnít hit very hard unless youíre really accurate with light lasers. Once you run out of protorps, or the ability goes on cooldown, congrats on being a poor manís Rycer/Starguard. If youíre smart about using LoS, or staying close enough to the ship that the pilot canít fire a missile, all that slicing will have been for naught. The counters to this are many, as they are for every ship in GSF.

For the sake of not being completely contrarian, Iím going to say Ďdisagreeí. But I maintain that this thread isnít going to change anything, and it doesnít need to. People just have to learn the skills needed to play the game, rather than gnash their teeth, cry, and demand that things be nerfed or taken out left and right.
it's not about the slicer, it's about the team taking advantage and blowing you out of the sky. also, it takes engine power, so the slicer ends up faster anyway

Toraak
01.15.2021 , 12:01 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by jaingskiratanuul View Post
it's not about the slicer, it's about the team taking advantage and blowing you out of the sky. also, it takes engine power, so the slicer ends up faster anyway
you could use that excuse for a lot of GSF abilities. You've never been engine drained from Ion railgun? I know most of us have. all of the EMP effects would also set up for the slicers team to kill you, as would all lasers, all missiles, and all railgun's or mines.
Referral Link: www.swtor.com/r/Q4Tp3P

Jaeydyn
01.17.2021 , 03:38 PM | #19
Agreed.

I don't mind it left in the game, but it has a bit too much power as it currently sits.

Linuxizer
01.18.2021 , 10:50 PM | #20
Agree!
Starfighter videos on youtube

Referral link: https://www.swtor.com/r/jBHrWL